Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3806632 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5110 on: May 09, 2008, 12:57:35 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

I've come across a bear a photoshooting for LOD which I wanted to share with you. It's a series of seven pics. I'll post four today and the other three tomorrow morning. BTW, I think this skater park (or how would you call it?) is pretty cool. I've never seen something like it before. I don't think such a thing exists in Germany.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5111 on: May 09, 2008, 12:59:39 am »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5112 on: May 09, 2008, 01:35:43 am »
Thanks Chrissi!

They look so different.  I guess this is them in real life.  But Michael Anganaro with short hair and the two other guys with brown hair is so different.

There is a skateboard bowl near where I live.  It's like a swimming pool, but built especially for skateboarding.  And people use it like the guys in the movie did.  I was there the other day, as a little Heath tribute during my day.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5113 on: May 09, 2008, 01:39:28 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

I've come across a bear a photoshooting for LOD

:laugh:  ;D

Goodmorning Chrissi!

this has become a nice morning ritual, coffee, the newspaper and Heath pics!  dank u wel! :-*

We have skateboard parks over here. I don't know if they are a big as the one in your picture, or if they have such good looking skaters!  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5114 on: May 09, 2008, 02:10:18 am »
Thanks Chrissi!

They look so different.  I guess this is them in real life.  But Michael Anganaro with short hair and the two other guys with brown hair is so different.

There is a skateboard bowl near where I live.  It's like a swimming pool, but built especially for skateboarding.  And people use it like the guys in the movie did. 

Yup. I wouldn't have recognized any of the other boys. Emile Hirsch maybe, but surely not the two others.

I was there the other day, as a little Heath tribute during my day.

It's still bad at some days, isn't it  :(

:laugh:  ;D

Goodmorning Chrissi!

this has become a nice morning ritual, coffee, the newspaper and Heath pics!  dank u wel! :-*

We have skateboard parks over here. I don't know if they are a big as the one in your picture, or if they have such good looking skaters!  ;)

:laugh: lol about the good looking skaters. Your answer made me curious and I googled skateboad parks. They do exist in Germany, but they look like this:

Halfpipes are pretty common here, too (even my small village got one a few years ago). And if they add two ramps, they call it a skateboard park. Little different to what we see in the LOD photoshooting ;). But I found something more similar to it in Berlin. So that's what skaters do in Germany, maybe go to Berlin ;) :laugh:

The heck with it, I'll post the other three of the series now to get back on topic (after I was the one who strayed OT ;D).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5115 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:46 am »

I like the last one best.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5116 on: May 09, 2008, 02:57:03 am »
This is the best pic I could find of the Ballard Commons Park skatebowl.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5117 on: May 09, 2008, 07:40:21 am »
Speaking of skateboarding...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5118 on: May 09, 2008, 07:41:21 am »
and another...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5119 on: May 09, 2008, 08:38:52 am »
Back to the LOD pix, they DO look different! Emile Hirsch was the only one I recognized at first (besides Heath, of course).

I have spent many a pleasant hour at skate parks -- on the sidelines, of course!  :laugh:  My sons both skateboard, so back in Minnesota we used to go to four different outdoor ones and one indoor one. And here in Illinois there are a couple near our house. I would take them there for an hour or two and then read while they boarded, looking up just often enough to make sure their bones were all still intact.