Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636122 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7470 on: August 04, 2008, 08:59:30 am »
Morning all,

63 degrees this morning and still cloudy. I wonder if more rain is in store?

The Japanese students are gone so things can get back to normal around here.

L

So how was it?  Or have you written about it somewheres else where I could read it?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7471 on: August 04, 2008, 09:20:33 am »
Bonjour...ce lundi

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7472 on: August 04, 2008, 09:57:58 am »

So how was it?  Or have you written about it somewheres else where I could read it?

Well, it was interesting. I am trying to focus on the positive but there were parts of their visit that were challenging. I am glad it was only 10 days although if it was longer, I probably would have enlisted the help of the interpreter and had a strong talking-to with the older one about her attitude. She was a real diva/drama queen/princess and unfortunately, the younger one (they were 16 1/2 and 15, respectively) started to emulate her (the older one's) snotty behavior. Sigh...

The thing that pissed me off the most was when we were saying goodbye yesterday at the airport, they couldn't even manage one "thank you" or even an "arigato."

Oh well, live and learn.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7473 on: August 04, 2008, 10:06:53 am »
MaineWriter, what you describe, has always been the similar cases, from what I have seen and heard: many such !

A lady I met at my paintings exhibition in San Francisco, went with such a person and his family made sure that she washed herself ONLY in their dirty water; and, this was a high class !

One also ruined my sister stealing her house and her family !

The list goes on...

as con artists blind us because they are nice !
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:44:40 pm by Meryl »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7474 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:54 am »
Well, they didn't steal anything!

They weren't bad kids, just teenagers, displaying some very common teenager behavior. It makes me glad, though, that my two teenagers don't act like that.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7475 on: August 05, 2008, 07:09:17 am »
Good morning,

Tuesday morning, 63 degrees. It is supposed to be partly sunny today...the only nice day of the week! Good for me, I'll get alot of work done. Not so good for my sister who is renting a cottage on Peak's Island for her vacation!

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7476 on: August 05, 2008, 07:11:48 am »
Top Ten for Tuesday, August 5, 2008

injest         27895
MaineWriter       12923
Garry_LH       11245
Front-Ranger       10910
DavidInIndy       9907
dot-matrix       9864
Elle       9745

Artiste       8876
Lucise       8685

Jeff Wrangler       7885

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7477 on: August 05, 2008, 09:15:02 am »
Bonjour....

have a happy day !

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7478 on: August 05, 2008, 09:39:45 am »
Well, I'm back.

Gained five pounds in a five-night vacation. ...  :P  :(

Weather was not completely what I would have liked it to have been. It seemed to me to be unusually humid for Provincetown, and others confirmed my impression. Most mornings it was hazy and overcast until noon, and then it cleared off just as quickly as if someone had flipped a switch. Short but hellacious thunderstorms early Saturday and Sunday evenings. Of course, the most beautiful morning was Monday, the day I had to leave.  :P

If gas is more than $4 a gallon and the economy is in recession, you can't prove it by Provincetown. The town was as crowded as ever. Lots of European visitors--families. I guess the exchange rate is favorable for Europeans. When I went for my annual schooner sail Thursday afternoon, there was a Dutch family on board, parents in their fifties and two college-age boys. Those boys. ... Looked like they'd both stepped out of a Ralph Lauren ad. ...

I had my bowl of "chowdah," and tried a couple of lobster rolls. The good news is, the lobster did not upset my stomach. The bad news is I found nothing at all remarkable about the taste.  :-\

Except for gaining the five pounds, not a bad vacation. I'm thinking of going back for a weekend in October. October is lovely on the Cape.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7479 on: August 05, 2008, 09:56:38 am »
Welcome back, Jeff. Glad to hear you had a good time!

I have to say, summer weather here in New England has not been particularly great this summer. Lots of humidity, like you said, rain and thunderstorms. Today is cloudy and they are saying this is the best day of the week!

L