Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636048 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7610 on: August 17, 2008, 05:28:38 pm »

Now, who and what is this image reminding me of?

Ah yes,

now I remember,

It's your favorite, Gil

Alain Delon

Beautiful vacation, Bud.

LOL! Yes, when in swim suits, Alain & I are dead ringers!

Thanks everyone, it really was a wonderfully relaxing break.  Despite the fact that I was with my close and neurotic female friend and her genius-or-psycho 15 year old son.  It was a bit like spending a week with Barbara & Tony Beakeland of SAVAGE GRACE, but in humblier surroundings.
Here he is soaking up some rays...:

==Aside==Paul
I got the tribal tattoo about 12 years ago when I quit smoking cigarettes.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7611 on: August 17, 2008, 07:01:56 pm »
Hiya everyone!  how are ya today?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7612 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:07 am »
Morning all,

63 degrees today. Believe it or not, yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and it did not rain one single drop!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7613 on: August 18, 2008, 07:05:39 am »
Optom, how is the storm progressing? I hope it is bypassing you. They are saying the remnants might come through here and break this drought or it might go east of us and leave us dry.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7614 on: August 18, 2008, 09:29:21 am »
 I am not liking the forecast at all. 5 out of the 7 spaghetti lines, show the hurricane comming through in and around us on the west coast.We are now on hurricane watch, and people are starting to board up their houses, scary !!!

I have got all my emergency kits ready for us and animals.Some for if we stay some for if we go.I have lists of the lists.Then suddenly remember something else.
We will be told if and when we have to evacuate.Personally I wont need telling twice, I will be out of here. It's this waiting bit I hate,and the fact that things can change so quickly.
Friends who were here before us,evacuated in 04 as advised, only to be in a hotel in Sanibel which was hit and their house in Sarasota was fine. So it is so difficult to know what to do,other than keep fingers crossed.

What's worse is if we do get hit, how do I get my Bettermost and Heath fix.!!! Have to get my priorities right.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7615 on: August 18, 2008, 02:47:37 pm »
Hurricanes are scary.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7616 on: August 18, 2008, 06:24:06 pm »
Oh, keep us updated, optom!  Keep safe!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7617 on: August 18, 2008, 06:42:18 pm »
Still waiting!!! The schools are closed tomorrow and we are now on hurricane watch as opposed to tropical storm watch, Yikes !!!

Got all my supplies, papers etc in place, but I have to say I am a bit jittery.My oldest who is still wonderful on his new drug regime helped me bring in all the lanai furniture and pots, not forgetting the silly statue, wish I hadn't bought so much now.So all potential  missiles from our garden are safe in the pool room.
All electronic devices are fully charged and got packs of cards, board games etc.

I just wish it would get here now, or go away, the sitting waiting watching the ever more alarming weather reports just makes me more jittery.!!!!
Will report in as things change.
It goes without saying I hope everyone in its path here, atBettermost remind safe. Well actually I hope everyone remain safe.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7618 on: August 18, 2008, 07:34:15 pm »
Be assured that I am Praying for you and your family and friends to be safe!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7619 on: August 18, 2008, 07:45:50 pm »
Be assured that I am Praying for you and your family and friends to be safe!

Thankyou, as always or your good wishes and those of everyone else. I guess I am scared because this is my firts hurricane and I have no idea what to expect.
Also with every respect to the meteorologists, I don't think it is possible to predict something as unpredictable as a hurricane.It could turn at any point and hit else where.

I know that one set of our patio doors are less stong than I would like, because the sonic boom from the shuttle reentering caused them to rattle, and that was well over 100 miles away.

However I can do nothing now.We were quoted well into 5 figure for shutters and we cannot afford that at the moment. So it will be everyone in husbands dressing room all 5 animals included, at least it will be nice and cosy !!!!