Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4621995 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7680 on: August 22, 2008, 09:16:33 am »
Morning all,

69 degrees with sun predicted today. Hannah and my mom are off to the beach while I get to ... work!

L

Hot and humid today, but with a bit of a breeze which is very welcome.
I just noticed the phrase under your pic. Time to get back to normal.
I have been thinking for a few days now, when I will ever get back to normal.
I was wondering if the effects linger longer, when you know what the problem is but like Ennis are really powerless to do anything about it, because of in my case the massive collateral damage it would cause.
I dipped back  into my BBM dvd, the other day, and was crying by the time Jack was trying not to watch Ennis bathing.Did not manage to get to the end as I could not bear to see the deceased card.
I am starting to feel things will never get back to normal. My kids are usd to it now and have even watched parts of it with me.I am however starting to feel I need to get a grip on things.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7681 on: August 22, 2008, 09:54:16 am »
Are you still safe optom?

Thought I heard that that storm is adding 2 feet of rain at some places?

Have a great day !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7682 on: August 23, 2008, 07:30:58 am »
I'm bummed today >:(.

Last night Kerstin and I went to see TDK for the second time. There's a restaurant in the theatre were we had a bite to eat before the movie started. Ten minutes into the film, Kerstin leaned over and wispered: "I'm so nauseous." Five minutes later we had to leave the theatre.
Ack! So frustrating.

Poor Kerstin felt bad about causing us to leave the movie, but it ain't her fault.

Ten minutes ago I received bad news in the mail. I had applied for a job, the first time in fourteen or so years. The job would have been great for me, nine hours work time per week and it would have been in my pfofession, and something I really would have wanted to do.
After applying, I got a pretty quick response in which they invited me to a job interview. Great! The first try in so many years and they invited me for an interview.
The interview would have been next week, but today they cancelled it. They withdraw the job advertisement completely. Now I'm wondering whether they won't fill the vacant job at all or whether someone has pulled strings and the job went to somebody with good connections. :-\
Frustrating either way.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7683 on: August 23, 2008, 07:50:39 am »
Oh Chrissi, bummer is right. Here's a big hug {{{Chrissi}}}

As for life in Westbrook, the good news is that Lance comes home from camp today. Yahoo! He's been gone since June 9th with just a few days home over the summer, so it will be good to see him. He's here until September 1st (Labor Day) when he heads back to college.

Then on September 5th, I head to Switzerland!

Chrissi, Hannah has been trying to learn some German phrases. Good for her, she's doing better than me!  LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7684 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:20 am »
Another sunny morning and 61 degrees right now. Lovely!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7685 on: August 23, 2008, 08:11:11 am »
Aww, Chrissi, sorry to hear about the interview.  :-\ And then just cancel without any explanation. I know that they don't 'owe' you an explanation but still, it would be nice. I can understand that you get your hopes up. I hope it goes better next time. (((Chrissi)))

And Kerstin, that's such bad luck. You know what? It's probably because you weren't serenaded with 'Quizas, quizas, quizas' before the movie.  ;) I hope she's feeling better now and that you'll get another chance to enjoy the movie together.

And I have exciting news! My horse arrived today! She's called Jutty and she was given to me by her owner who was looking for someone to take care of her and ride her a couple of times a week. She's old (22 years) but she's still in excellent condition. She's lovely and very calm. Just my type of horse! I hope we'll get along really well. She's at the stables right now, settling in. I hope I can ride her tomorrow. Pictures later.

See what BBM does? Turns you into a horse lover!  :)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7686 on: August 23, 2008, 08:27:58 am »
Wow, Fabienne, your own horse? Your daughters must be beside themselves with jealousy!

Maybe when I am visiting, we'll have to go to the Western shop and buy you a pair of cowboy boots! LOL. You know, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots. I was thinking I should buy a pair in Belgium but let's talk about bringing coals to Newcastle...going all the way to Europe to buy and bring home a pair of American made cowboy boots? Ai yi yi...

I might need to get blue ones, to match Ellery's...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7687 on: August 23, 2008, 09:17:47 am »
Chrissi - shame about the job - ots annoying when that happens.. and get well soon to Kirstein!

Fabienne - so you decided to go for the horse! Those gloves you bought will come in handy - pictures please!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #7688 on: August 23, 2008, 10:15:28 am »
Thunder storm at the moment so I gues I should not be typing this, but you have to live a little sometimes.We also have a tornado watch as well so,fabby week on the weather front.
We have have had tropical stormwatch, followed by hurricane watch, and now tornado watch.Not to mention the 3feet of rain.Admittedly the ground was a little parched, but none of the roads and drains can cope with this much water at once.So there are sink holes opening up right left and center, someone mention, the sunshine state!!!!

Chrissi I am really sorry about the job.When the recession started to bite really bad here, I applied for a job as an optical assistant,which was school hours.
I arrogantly thought it would be a dead cert.I am a qualified Optometrist, but cannot practice here, without doing a years conversion course in Miami.I got turned down flat for the job, not even an interview.They said I was overqualified and did not think I would stay.Here was me thinking they would be over the moon, getting all the extra knowledge for an assistants pay.I was so gutted I even rang them to plead my case.Explaining I had run my own practice.Still turned down.It was a very humbling experience.
I did not even tell my husband about it for over a week, I was so down about it.So just popped off down to the jewellers and sold my watch and engagement ring.Which odly enough was not as humiliating as the job rejection.
Now at long last we seem to have bottomed out and stabilised but it has been such a rough year, we are a classic case of fur coat and no knickers.!!!

Jobwise console yourself by telling yourself,you were way too good for them and the loss is theirs not yours.That's what I keep doing.I

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7689 on: August 23, 2008, 01:01:52 pm »
Awwww Chrissi.  I'm so sorry.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!