Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637487 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9120 on: December 24, 2008, 01:02:13 pm »
(((((((Jeff)))))))

I'm glad you posted instead of quietly riding off into the sunset.

I'll be one of those guys staying in touch via PM.  ;D

I'm sad to see you come to this decision, but I understand where you are coming from.  There are times when I've felt the same way, about this site, as well as DCF.

However, for me, the positives still outweigh the negatives, and I'm here and staying.

I hope you decide to post from time to time, even just to keep us up to date with you!

:-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9121 on: December 24, 2008, 01:12:54 pm »
What they said.

Jeff, I understand how you feel. But I'm sorry to see you go. I hope, and it is to be universally hoped, that you'll stop by and say howdy now and then.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #9122 on: December 24, 2008, 03:39:11 pm »
Dearest Jeff,

I for one another will miss your presence here at BetterMost acutely - please count me as one of those people to keep in touch via PMs and other social ways.  You've been a key contributor to the BetterMost community and I'm damned sorry it's come to this.  That said, I completely understand and respect your choice.

You're welcome back with open arms anytime you choose.

As others have stated, I was really hoping that the polarization would settle down post-Election, and we'd go back to being more cognizant of all we have in common, the reasons we came together in the first place, instead of focusing on our differences, but sadly that has not been the case.

Godspeed, Friend.
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9123 on: December 24, 2008, 05:10:29 pm »
Jeff, may I say that I am surprised by your action!

And may I add wishing you too:
      Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Adios, amigos.          .. as you say and add Joyeux Noel to you and your friend(s) and family!!!

And say to you:
Au revoir ! -
as I hope and pray that you will be
an active member here again!

I do not know what happened to you,
and I know that you likely know what happens
to me  on Bettermost and elsewhere.
As a gay man, I had to save my life many times,
and still do. Of course, that because is now a bit of a grind maybe,
but it is nescessary and not only for myself,
but for others too, as I beleive and seen that we
all can enjoy education, even anti-gay ones can
be educated, at least we can try!

I have learned everyday on Bettermost,
and aim to continue that as well as to educate!

You can reach me anytime!
Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9124 on: December 24, 2008, 08:24:38 pm »
Meryl del Mar wakes before five, wind rocking the trailer, hissing in around the aluminum door and window frames.  The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.  She gets up, shuffles to the gas burner, pours leftover coffee in a chipped enamel pan; the flame swathes it in blue.  She turns on the tap and urinates in the sink (not so easy for a female), pulls on her shirt and jeans, her worn boots, stamping the heels against the floor to get them full on.  She is suffused with a sense of pleasure because JeffWrangler was in her dream.

The stale coffee is boiling up but she catches it before it goes over the side, pours it into a stained cup and blows on the black liquid, lets a panel of the dream slide forward.  If she does not force her attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.  The wind strikes the trailer like a load of dirt coming off a dump truck, eases, dies, leaves a temporary silence.

There was some open space between what she knew and what she tried to believe; but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

:'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9125 on: December 25, 2008, 09:33:31 am »
Well this is sad news to wake up to on Christmas morning. Jeff, as one of my oldest and dearest Bettermost buddies, I will miss you very very much. I'll keep in touch, of course, but not having you posting here is going to leave a great big hole in Bettermost.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, it is 39 degrees and the wind is howling. It was howling all night and did not contribute to a restful sleep. Oh well....maybe a few presents this morning will cheer me up.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9126 on: December 25, 2008, 02:34:13 pm »
So, Jack was visiting last night, hunh? Sounds like time for a midwinter nap this pm! I'm thinking of heading off to bed right after I get the lamb in the oven. I have new books to browse through, and my daughter made me a lovely sleep pillow filled with hops berries!!

For breakfast this morning we made scones with chocolate chips and, at the suggestion of Artiste, chopped raw cranberries! They were excellent, especially with some delicious cherry jelly that my friend sent me. To my wonderful friend, thank you, dear!!

Hope you all are having a merry Christmas or a good day if you don't do Christmas. Thanks for stopping in here and staying in touch!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9127 on: December 25, 2008, 07:43:54 pm »
Joeux Noel - Joyous Merry Gay Christmas to all !!!
And hugs galore !

Au revoir,
hugs!

karen1129

« Reply #9128 on: December 26, 2008, 06:35:24 pm »
(((((Jeff)))))

We will stay in touch.

injest

« Reply #9129 on: December 26, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
Meryl del Mar wakes before five, wind rocking the trailer, hissing in around the aluminum door and window frames.  The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.  She gets up, shuffles to the gas burner, pours leftover coffee in a chipped enamel pan; the flame swathes it in blue.  She turns on the tap and urinates in the sink (not so easy for a female), pulls on her shirt and jeans, her worn boots, stamping the heels against the floor to get them full on.  She is suffused with a sense of pleasure because JeffWrangler was in her dream.

The stale coffee is boiling up but she catches it before it goes over the side, pours it into a stained cup and blows on the black liquid, lets a panel of the dream slide forward.  If she does not force her attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.  The wind strikes the trailer like a load of dirt coming off a dump truck, eases, dies, leaves a temporary silence.

There was some open space between what she knew and what she tried to believe; but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

:'(

if you have the power to do it then you have the power to NOT do it, Meryl.