Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631506 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7600 on: August 17, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Well it,s lovely and sunny here,and for once low humidity. We have all just finished our reviewing our family hurricane plan. The florida keys have been told to evacuate, but we will not really know even it's rough path until it leaves Cuba.
I really hope it does not hit us,but the kids are quite excited !!!!
My husbands dressing room is oursafe room as it is the only room with no windows.We have to have 2 plans, one if it is 3 or below we stay.So water, tinned food and can openers, pet food first aid kit, mine and sons meds.Battery radio, torches, batteries the list goes on.Then plan 2 is the evacuation one, which means 5 people 2 cats and 3 dogs to pack into the suv plus all the food, in case we find nowhere to stay, and all important documents in ziploc bags.
As I type the kids are running around cleaning the garage so we can get all the lanai furniture in .Personally I think they are pleased because they know if it hits that means more time off school. !!!!!
Oh wel  back to see if the weather has updated yet.Then go and fill the cars, before the mad rush starts.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7601 on: August 17, 2008, 11:48:36 am »
Merci optom!

Just heard this morning on the phone an interview with the Mayor of those Keys area, as they prepare too, as you do !

Be safe and well prepared as you say!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7602 on: August 17, 2008, 12:07:17 pm »
Merci optom!

Just heard this morning on the phone an interview with the Mayor of those Keys area, as they prepare too, as you do !

Be safe and well prepared as you say!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Have just been thinking as I mentally reviewing our plans. Should we stay and category 3 is our cutoff, what do we do about toilet facilities ????
Needless to say my husbands dressing room does not have a toilet in it.  Yuk very nasty thoughts spring to mind.
But evacuating with 3 kids, 3 dogs and 2 cats does not sound much fun either. !!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7603 on: August 17, 2008, 12:46:17 pm »
Well it,s lovely and sunny here,and for once low humidity. We have all just finished our reviewing our family hurricane plan. The florida keys have been told to evacuate, but we will not really know even it's rough path until it leaves Cuba.
I really hope it does not hit us,but the kids are quite excited !!!!
My husbands dressing room is oursafe room as it is the only room with no windows.We have to have 2 plans, one if it is 3 or below we stay.So water, tinned food and can openers, pet food first aid kit, mine and sons meds.Battery radio, torches, batteries the list goes on.Then plan 2 is the evacuation one, which means 5 people 2 cats and 3 dogs to pack into the suv plus all the food, in case we find nowhere to stay, and all important documents in ziploc bags.
As I type the kids are running around cleaning the garage so we can get all the lanai furniture in .Personally I think they are pleased because they know if it hits that means more time off school. !!!!!
Oh wel  back to see if the weather has updated yet.Then go and fill the cars, before the mad rush starts.

Wow Optom that sounds like quite a scary situation to be in. Please keep us posted if you can as to how you are doing. Hopefully the storm will head away from you. I will be thinking about you as I see all of this on TV. Good luck to you, your family, and your pets.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7604 on: August 17, 2008, 12:47:47 pm »
I heard about Jack Weil passing away this morning on "Sunday Morning." It seemed strange to hear since I have been to his shop in Denver and I believe he was there. I think I even have a picture of him.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7605 on: August 17, 2008, 12:53:12 pm »
Should we stay and category 3 is our cutoff, what do we do about toilet facilities ????
Needless to say my husbands dressing room does not have a toilet in it.  Yuk very nasty thoughts spring to mind.

Bucket with a lid, not a pleasant thought, but what else can you do? Any port in a storm. If you don't have one, take a normal bucket and something which is big enough to cover it (plank, suitcase if all else fails).
We still have our diaper bucket with a a tight fit lid, even so no kid needs diapers anymore. Since you live in Florida, this might be a good investment for future occasions.

But evacuating with 3 kids, 3 dogs and 2 cats does not sound much fun either. !!!!

Are there official advices of when to evacuate, meaning from what category on? If so, I would go with that.

But most of all: good luck that you won't get hit all all. Keep us posted.
I hope all of our Florida residents will stay safe!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7606 on: August 17, 2008, 12:58:17 pm »
I'm back from a glorious week in Grand Bend ON.  We were lucky this year weather-wise, just about every day was perfect for the beach!  This is me, doing what i like best, absolutely nothing:

Now, who and what is this image reminding me of?

Ah yes,

now I remember,

It's your favorite, Gil

Alain Delon

Beautiful vacation, Bud.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7607 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:21 pm »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7608 on: August 17, 2008, 01:34:25 pm »
I'm back from a glorious week in Grand Bend ON.  We were lucky this year weather-wise, just about every day was perfect for the beach!  This is me, doing what i like best, absolutely nothing:

looks very relaxing!

and Fiona - hope all goes well with possible hurricane!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7609 on: August 17, 2008, 01:47:22 pm »

Z for Zwiebeln!

One could think so :laugh:.
Although the people here are awfully proud of their onions, it's not *that* bad. It's for the name of the village, and thankfully they haven't named it after the onions (at least not yet :laugh:).