Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631075 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8970 on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
Bonjour à toutes et tous !

Homies... I like that story of hiding them in there...
now I know and will watch to see if I will ever see one ! And who wants one?

What: decorate an antler with balls ?

Maybe Jeff will get an amarylis or whom will ?

That syndrome, may we all know about it and that that can be bettered!

Since, we are talking about life, there are more and more black spiders found even in grapes, so wash your grapes with lukewarm water to wake one up if possibly it's there and kill it!

Be safe and be happy to-day all of you !

In advance, Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas all other celebrations religious and non-religious[/color] to all !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8971 on: December 08, 2008, 12:29:53 pm »
I love the homies idea!! There is a space in my home that would be perfect for a Christmas village but instead there's a big elk antler there that we acquired on one of our jaunts. I'm going to decorate the elk antler with simple candles...gold, I think.

That sounds very pretty.  :D

No, I didn't see Hallmark last nite. Instead a few of us gathered for a meal and then watched I Love Lucy on 16 mm film!! The quality was wonderful, you could see every detail of her makeup. It was the eggs-in-a-blouse episode.

Is that the one where they live in Connecticut and the baby chicks get loose in the house, so she makes like a mother hen, and the chicks follow her?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8972 on: December 08, 2008, 05:20:22 pm »
Is that the one where they live in Connecticut and the baby chicks get loose in the house, so she makes like a mother hen, and the chicks follow her?

Not egg-xactly, but close! Their chickens won't lay so Desi threatens to get rid of them. So Lucy and Harriet get dozens of eggs to put under the chickens and are carrying them out to the henhouse, hidden in their clothes, when all of a sudden, Desi wants to practice the tango with Lucy!! Havoc ensues...

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8973 on: December 08, 2008, 05:36:31 pm »
3/11/57: "Lucy Does the Tango"
I Love Lucy Episode 172 - Filmed 2/7/57
Story: Lucy "boosts" egg production by buying several dozen eggs. But her plan to hide them in her blouse goes awry when Desi asks her to help him rehearse a tango number.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8974 on: December 08, 2008, 07:15:24 pm »
Interesting, I find, that you talk about eggs!

Some of you know that one of my brothers died just a few days ago.

And one of his friends, whom we did not know, came to my mother where I am, to give his condoleances, which we  accept gladly.

And, it just happens, that he has chickens... free walking, in liberty on his small land lot. And he brought us two dozens of fresh eggs yesterday! I am so overjoyed that some good came out of that sorrow from the 3 of us!

I had three fresh eggs which I cooked in boiling hot water this morning. Boy, they sure are tasty and healthy !

So why not hide this, fresh ones as did Lucy, since they are so rare? !

I pray that we stop having chickens which are slaves in cages and instead give them farms for free roaming !!

Does anyone understand that?
Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8975 on: December 08, 2008, 11:30:37 pm »
3/11/57: "Lucy Does the Tango"
I Love Lucy Episode 172 - Filmed 2/7/57
Story: Lucy "boosts" egg production by buying several dozen eggs. But her plan to hide them in her blouse goes awry when Desi asks her to help him rehearse a tango number.

I've seen that one. I like the one where the baby chicks follow her better.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8976 on: December 08, 2008, 11:46:30 pm »
Interesting, I find, that you talk about eggs!

Some of you know that one of my brothers died just a few days ago.

And one of his friends, whom we did not know, came to my mother where I am, to give his condoleances, which we  accept gladly.

And, it just happens, that he has chickens... free walking, in liberty on his small land lot. And he brought us two dozens of fresh eggs yesterday! I am so overjoyed that some good came out of that sorrow from the 3 of us!

I had three fresh eggs which I cooked in boiling hot water this morning. Boy, they sure are tasty and healthy !

So why not hide this, fresh ones as did Lucy, since they are so rare? !

I pray that we stop having chickens which are slaves in cages and instead give them farms for free roaming !!

Does anyone understand that?
Au revoir,
hugs!

When we lived in England, we had farm fresh eggs all the time. Nothing else compares.The boxes of eggs are a poor substitute.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8977 on: December 09, 2008, 12:18:07 am »
Optom, your are right !

Do you have fresh such eggs to-day in Florida ?

Au revoir,
hugs!  We long for free  range chickens for freedom for them and us humans too !!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8978 on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:41 am »
Good morning, all. A balmy 29 F when I left home this morning.  :laugh:  Cloudy, and some seriously icky weather on the way.  :(

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8979 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:56 am »
good morning everyone!

some evil person has left a jar of chocolate adn toffee covered macadamia nuts for everyone to pick at.

>:(

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!