Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631930 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9100 on: December 22, 2008, 12:04:25 pm »
It's a chilly 19° in New York with winds up to 25 mph.  That means it feels like it's under 10°!  :P

I'm bundling up big time to head out to Brooklyn to have lunch with John Gallagher at Five Leaves, the restaurant Heath started with a friend.  Stay tuned; I'm sure John will have his handy-dandy I-phone camera with him.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9101 on: December 22, 2008, 01:01:55 pm »
Thanks everybody for the FB on the lightball.

It's unusually warm here the last days. 10°C (=50°F). But beginning on Christmas Eve, it's said to get colder each day.

It's a chilly 19° in New York with winds up to 25 mph.  That means it feels like it's under 10°!  :P

I'm bundling up big time to head out to Brooklyn to have lunch with John Gallagher at Five Leaves, the restaurant Heath started with a friend.  Stay tuned; I'm sure John will have his handy-dandy I-phone camera with him.  :)

That's today? It's another 22nd.
Have a good time and don't forget to take lots of pics.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9102 on: December 22, 2008, 01:05:54 pm »
Good morning. Temp. 17 F in Philadelphia this morning, but the sky is sunny and clear.

Seven below zero here! But also sunny and clear. Pretty much the same as yesterday, in other words.

My son and I went out shopping, and to lunch and a movie (rather, movieS -- he saw Seven Pounds and I saw Slumdog Millionaire). We had to sprint between the car and the buildings. Being 14, he would leave his jacket in the car and run in his short-sleeved shirt.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9103 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:33 pm »
Seven below zero here! But also sunny and clear. Pretty much the same as yesterday, in other words.

My son and I went out shopping, and to lunch and a movie (rather, movieS -- he saw Seven Pounds and I saw Slumdog Millionaire). We had to sprint between the car and the buildings. Being 14, he would leave his jacket in the car and run in his short-sleeved shirt.

Oh, to be 14 again.  :-\  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9104 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:26 pm »
Hiya everyone!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9105 on: December 22, 2008, 01:32:26 pm »

Wow, Five Leaves!  Wish I could join you! 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9106 on: December 22, 2008, 01:50:12 pm »
No one eating cherries these cold days?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9107 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:41 pm »
Wow, Five Leaves!  Wish I could join you! 

You were with us in spirit, Paul, as were all here who love Heath!  We had a nice, leisurely lunch of very yummy food.  It's a small place, but welcoming, not overly decorated but with some nice touches, like a copper-bottom bar, distressed wood walls, and a cool bathroom with a porthole and scented candles (I smelled like that scent all the way home!).  John will post one of his signature photo-essays soon, probably.  Keep an eye on the Heath Remembrance Forum. :)

John gave me a beautiful Christmas present--a lithograph of a pencil sketch of The Shirts on one side and Jack and Ennis on the other, copied from photographs we all know and love.  I found it on the artist's website:  http://www.jeffeckert.com/hollywood.html.

Thanks so much, John!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9108 on: December 23, 2008, 12:21:42 am »
I sure look forward to the Five Leaves report.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9109 on: December 23, 2008, 03:20:51 am »
You were with us in spirit, Paul, as were all here who love Heath!  We had a nice, leisurely lunch of very yummy food.  It's a small place, but welcoming, not overly decorated but with some nice touches, like a copper-bottom bar, distressed wood walls, and a cool bathroom with a porthole and scented candles (I smelled like that scent all the way home!).  John will post one of his signature photo-essays soon, probably.  Keep an eye on the Heath Remembrance Forum. :)

John gave me a beautiful Christmas present--a lithograph of a pencil sketch of The Shirts on one side and Jack and Ennis on the other, copied from photographs we all know and love.  I found it on the artist's website:  http://www.jeffeckert.com/hollywood.html.

Thanks so much, John!  :-*

Meryl, that is a beautiful gift. Very very pretty.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'