Author Topic: Share Your Tarot Card Readings!  (Read 50157 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Share Your Tarot Card Readings!
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:21:02 pm »
The Brokeback Tarot Deck isn't completely built yet, but I can't wait any longer to start having readings. Here's my first one, and I invite you to comment on what you might think it means because, as I've said before, I really know very little about it! I did my very first reading on January 1, 2008, and I was very pleased with it. However, I've misplaced my notes so I won't be sharing that reading for the time being.

I shuffled and then separated the cards into four piles, drawing the top card from each pile for the four cards in the layout. In the top center (What's at hand) card is the VII of swords, reversed. In the bottom left position (past influences) is the VIII of wands. In the bottom center position (ponder this) is the knight of pentangles or disks. In the bottom right position (what to do) is the V of pentangles. All of the bottom cards are upright.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings! VII of swords
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:46:43 pm »
The name of this card is "Finding Solutions." Oh goodie. I could use a solution. Brokeback Mountain has entered my life in such a big way that I find I am no longer able to just go about my everyday business in the usual way. My Brokeback life and my ordinary life are clashing and merging and I have to find a way to make them meld. I believe that my Brokeback life is simply a return to my roots, the way I was before life, work, and obligations intruded.

On the card I have drawn is a rat standing on six swords with another sword going the other direction. Four of the six swords are arranged in couples and the other two are by themselves. To me, this stands for seven of my closest friends, especially since the swords each have a pink heart on their hilts. This reminds me of when I was making CDs for my friends the other day and I put a heart on each CD except for one. The rat reminds me that this is the year of the rat. The card is reversed, which says to me that things will probably not turn out like I plan. But when do they ever?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings! VIII of Wands
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:08:28 pm »
The card in the "past influences" position is the VIII of Wands, upright. Over in the other Tarot thread, I wrote about this card:

VIII of Wands: Greater responsibilities. Your increasing energy makes more things possible than you ever imagined. Projects can fail if you lack the resolve to say good-bye to the old. Old habits can be like a wall. If you know what you really want, you are free from obstructions and limitations

Yes, indeed. The card has the wands arranged like the spokes of a wheel. In the center of the wheel is a clicking clock set at 10 o'clock. Some of the wands have leaves sprouting on them.

More from Tarot Basics: "You will have experiences and encounters that you never thought possible before. You will widen your horizons and expand your personal frame of reference, achieving new perspectives and insights. Your ability to assimilate these new awarenesses and to work with them is now possible and will be the secret of your success."

I feel like Not Dead Ned in Spamalot, who cavorts across the stage singing "I'm not yet dead!"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings! Knight of Pentacles
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:18:03 pm »
The card in the "Ponder This" position is the Knight of Pentacles. This card is called "chaff and wheat" and represents my possessions and material goods with all their advantages and disadvantages. Tarot Basics uses the example of the horse on which the knight rides. The horse's manure must be hauled out of the barn and spread on the fields, so the sweet grapes and golden wheat can grow. Likewise, I must stop sweeping my own shit under the rug but instead use it productively. I should not be afraid of disagreements or discomfort between me and my friends because that is how people grow by dealing with it, not just standing it. "If your own and other people's 'manure' is that useful, how much more beneficial will your talents be!"

Food for thought...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings! V of Pentangles
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:34:41 pm »
The last card, in the "What to do" position is the V of Pentangles. There are more Pentangles than anything else in my reading. Here's how oilgun explained the Pentangles one time:

Pentacles: (Earth) Money, industry, material gain. Except for the 5 of pentacles these cards all depict people either working or enjoying the fruits of labour.  The coinlike disks are incribed with pentagrams - five pointed stars that are time homoured symbols of man.  In ancient days, people wore pentacles decorated with magic symbols as a protection from the evils of life.

There are a lot of "V" things associated with Jack: the Pentacost, stars, the swather that Meryl pointed out was visible outside his window. And I am a Jack, so it seems like this card is speaking directly to me.

Pain is often self-inflicted. If you want to change a bad situation (a GDBOAUS!) you simply need to accept certain things about yourself and others. Be considerate and remember that everyone grows at a different rate, and don't compare apples with oranges. You can remove personal pain by sharing it. By sharing the journey, we can cancel out our personal handicaps and multiply our strengths. Looks like I am doing the right thing by sharing my reading!

Well, this Tarot reading has shown me a lot, given me confidence, and confirmed what I suspected. Now, it's your turn...would you like to share your Tarot readings for us to mull over together?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:32:47 pm »
I am planning on doing a new Tarot Reading on the 20th of March in honor of the Spring Solstice. Who would like to join me? We can do one reading for all of us, or we can have several people do their own readings and share them. It will be fun!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 12:42:19 am »
okay, here goes. My tarot card reading very close to the Spring Equinox. 

In the top spot: The Chariot

In the lineup below:

The Ace of Cups

The Knight of Pentacles and

The VIII of Swords

What an awesome lineup!! Your thoughts, everyone?!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:26:29 am by Front-Ranger »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings! Spring Equinox reading
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 12:58:28 pm »
In the "What's at hand" spot is The Chariot. Here's what oilgun wrote about this card:

The Chariot = Pickup Truck

Success, victory through hard work; the well-balanced life.  Triumph over ill health, money difficulties, or enemies of any sort.  Aresponsible nature, An ability to resist temptation.  Travel in comfort.

This seems to me to apply to BetterMost and to indicate that we will continue to grow and prosper as a vehicle to deliver the Brokeback message to all!

Here's the Chariot card

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 10:09:19 am »
In the "past influences" position in the lower left is the Ace of Cups. Here's what was written about it on the main Tarot Card thread:

This card invites us to reenter the realm of water, dissolve the "I" and connect with primeval life. It is called the Rebirth of the Soul and gives us the feeling of liberation that we lost when taking on the yoke of the world, when we were first born. Ironically, by relinqueshing our fixation on the ego, we gain a better understanding of our individuality. Drawing this card is a gift, returning to us the richness of our inner personal life, reconnecting us to the source of life itself, and allows us to drink from the cup of fullfilment and satisfaction.

When did Ennis ever get to drink from his cup? It happened in the prelude of the story, which quixotically discusses the later events that happened after Jack died. " The liquid he drinks is leftover coffee, rewarmed on the stove over a flame swathed in blue. This is the ritual drink, along with whiskey, the drink of the reality-check. When you're living a leftover life, leftover coffee is your drink of choice (along with leftover cheap white wine for toasting, from Cassie!) Ennis also urinates, not in the bathroom, but in the sink in a pale echo of the way he and Jack would relieve themselves on the mountain in between campfire stories, songs, and whiskey-sipping. Ennis is content, he is actually "suffused with a sense of pleasure" because he has an inner life filled with the richness of Jack's presence. He has in a sense been born again, with the sacramental fluid sometimes wetting the pillow, sometimes the sheets. And his pleasure stokes the day, energizing him as long as he does not force his attention on it.

This scene appears in an oblique way in the movie, where we see Ennis' trailer, his bed (with a fan propped on it), the sink, and a collection of cups. After the visit from Alma, Jr., Ennis tenderly folds the sweater she left behind and puts it in the closet, pausing to look at the two shirts he keeps there along with a postcard of Brokeback Mountain. As he closes the closet door and moves away, the bleak ending scene comes into view. But wait, there is a ray of hope that Ang Lee catches at the very end. Have you seen it?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 10:21:37 am »
In the bottom center "ponder this" position is the Knight of Pentangles, or disks. This is the same card in the same position as my first reading in February!! So it must be very important. Here's what was written about it:

"Chaff and Wheat." Stop sweeping the inevitable blunders in your life under the rug. Instead, use them to fertilize the fields and gardens of your life. Tarot Basics uses the example of the horse on which the knight rides. The horse's manure must be hauled out of the barn and spread on the fields, so the sweet grapes and golden wheat can grow. Likewise, I must stop sweeping my own shit under the rug but instead use it productively. I should not be afraid of disagreements or discomfort between me and my friends because that is how people grow by dealing with it, not just standing it. "If your own and other people's 'manure' is that useful, how much more beneficial will your talents be!"

Ennis dutifully fed the cows hay throughout the winter, and was comforted by the sounds and smells of fecundity and life's continuance, the moans of sleepy Alma and the sucking sounds of his baby daughters. It moved him to work hard all those years when his heart ached to be with Jack.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 10:36:26 am »
In the "what to do" position is the VIII of Swords. I don't have any information about this particular card (does anyone else out there?)

But about Swords in general, this is what's written: Swords are part of the element of air. So, naturally, they are in the realm of Jack (I assume knives are a subset of swords, don't you think?)

The key principle is the mind. The sword has always personified judgement and the ability to arrive at a decision and to carry it out. A sword assists in the act of Penetration, separation, and definition. In addition to the concept of war, think also about chivalry, responsibility, and freedom, other attributes of the sword.

When a sword card is drawn, it is a signal that clarity is needed, good air, strong "breath", the human condition, stars, and (as Shakepeare said) "there are more things in heaven and earth than we can imagine." Between heaven and earth there is also open space, as Annie Proulx wrote.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:13:15 pm »
As the year draws to a close, it occurred to me that some BetterMostians might benefit from a Tarot reading. I am planning to print out the special Brokeback Tarot cards that I've made and add them to my deck. Anyone who would like me to do a reading for them, I will be glad to do so. I can send you the results by PM or chat, or I can post them here or on your blog if you'd like everyone's help in interpreting them (I highly recommend you do this!)

You do not need to be a mystic or an occultist to get benefit out of a Tarot reading. You can interpret the cards any way you like. It will help focus your thinking and help you see your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Please let me know if you'd like to participate!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 01:00:59 am »
As the year draws to a close, it occurred to me that some BetterMostians might benefit from a Tarot reading. I am planning to print out the special Brokeback Tarot cards that I've made and add them to my deck. Anyone who would like me to do a reading for them, I will be glad to do so. I can send you the results by PM or chat, or I can post them here or on your blog if you'd like everyone's help in interpreting them (I highly recommend you do this!)

You do not need to be a mystic or an occultist to get benefit out of a Tarot reading. You can interpret the cards any way you like. It will help focus your thinking and help you see your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Please let me know if you'd like to participate!!

I'm in, but please PM me the results.

Thanks.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 02:20:16 am »

I would like to have that done, sounds like fun Lee...just send it to me in a pm..

Just let me know what you need from me....?

I think I am heading for some changes.......

Beautiful mind

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 05:34:43 am »
I still cant figure out how to do this...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 05:31:14 am »
Lee, that's a very generous gift you are offering.  I would take you up on it.  I was at first willing to have you post them here, but then realized I

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 12:43:07 am »
yes...go on, friend... you realized...??

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »

I'm in, too.......send me a PM,please...

thanks

Nellie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 12:36:51 pm »
I'm in, too.......send me a PM,please...

thanks

Nellie
Will do, Nellie! Anyone else up for a Tarot card reading this weekend??

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 12:37:47 pm »
Will do, Nellie! Anyone else up for a Tarot card reading this weekend??

Sure thing, Lee, if you have the time.  What do I need to do?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 01:25:37 pm »
Lynne, della, Elle, and Jack, you just have to let me know a time when you have a half-hour or so to chat via phone or in the chatroom. I could do the reading without making contact with you, but I think it would be more meaningful if you were present (in spirit enniway) while I am drawing the cards. I will then send you the results by PM or email. I'll provide a little interpretation, but not much. It's up to you to figure out what it means. There's a ton of info available on the Internet, or you can get books at your local bookstore or library.

Shortly, I'll post my year-end reading here!!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 01:30:08 pm »
I can do a phone call anytime, Lee.  I still have your number stored, so PM me a time that works for you.  Chat may be problematic until I get settled again.

Thanks!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
I'm looking forward to doing some readings this weekend. In the meantime, here's the one I did for myself when celebrating with Brokie friends on New Years Eve, 2008:

2009 New Year Tarot Reading: Lee

Top:
Page of Cups

Don’t get upset if things are not going as you hoped. Be open to alternatives and prepare for a change in plans. Think before reacting. Beware of childish behavior.

This is the daydream kid; head in the clouds, rarely paying attention. They've got a great imagination and love telling or being told stories, but they're also overly sensitive; very kind and sweet, they'll bring you a flower, try to rescue sick birds or abandoned kittens, take very seriously the death of a goldfish. When sad, they're the saddest kid you ever saw. When happy, they're positively blissful.

Left: Knight of Pentacles, reversed

This teen appreciates the very best things money can buy - not only because he likes such things, but because he doesn't like to stand out. He's got projects going, jobs on the side, he fears not having what others have, not fitting in. In comparison to the Knight of Wands, however, this teen likes being at home. He needs to have his own room or secret place, and woe to anyone who goes into that room or changes it in any way. This teen has his own organization system for everything. On the negative side, this teen can be far too solitary, too concerned with perfection, what he does or does not have, or earning a place of respect. Fear of failure or competition or standing out may keep him from leaving his room. He values and protects beautiful things and is a loyal employee if treated right.

Reverse this card, however, and now you need to watch this guy. Instead of diligence, you've got sloppiness. He may appear to be working, but he's coasting. And if you give him money to buy something, he's going to find a way to buy it cheap so that he can pocket half that money. He is bitter and envious of anyone who is already a success and living large. He's likely to be a brown-noser, ready to ingratiate himself with those who can help him climb that ladder to wealth and the good life. He will do nothing for those who haven't money or connections.

He'll never leave a tip, he'll always ask for separate checks. Contrariwise, he might well be a reckless if small-time gambler, blaming his bad luck on others and never himself.

If not a person, this is a card about travelling over land on foot, hiking or cycling. Getting lost is a likelihood - take a compass and make sure your cell phone is charged. Watch out for washed out or muddy trails, and take a first aid kit.

Center: Strength (XI)

Love conquers all. Avoid pettiness and prejudice. Try to be a peacemaker. Weigh all sides of every situation. Don’t be so set in your ways that you miss the big picture by focusing on the details. Stubbornness is your challenge of the moment.

This is a card of courage and energy. It represents both the Lion's hot, roaring energy, and the Maiden's steadfast will. The innocent Maiden is unafraid, undaunted, and indomitable. In some cards she opens the lion's mouth, in others she shuts it. Either way, she proves that inner strength is more powerful than raw physical strength. That forces can be controlled and used to score a victory is very close to the message of the Chariot, which might be why, in some decks, it is Justice that is card 8 instead of Strength. This card assures the Querent that they can control not only the situation, but themselves. It is a card about anger and impulse management, about creative answers, leadership and maintaining one's personal honor. It can also stand for a steadfast friend.

The Strength card represents a Vestal Virgin tending a sacred flame. And this, I think, is one of the best interpretations. Fire is a fearful thing, hot, burning - all too easily able to spark out of control. But somewhere along the way, we lost our fear - but not our respect - for fire. And with will and intelligence, we made it our tool. And I think it worth understanding and saying to the Querent, that as with fire or taming a lion, you might get burned or scratched a few times by that which you're trying to control, be it a situation, a person or your own unworthy impulses. The important message of the strength card is not to give up. To have the courage to keep at it till you succeed and to have the faith and optimism that you will succeed.

Right: Ace of Wands

Aces are the root force. They are the spark. Relate them to the Magician, who presents the tools to the Fool. They have no purpose yet, but are filled with raw potential. They are the active energy of the suit ready to be used. They can also indicate direction or season, though which stands for which is often debated. Here are the "usual" directions and seasons. If, however, they don't feel right to you, the reader, use whatever works best.

A new spark of energy for a new passion. This usually indicates that the querent has just discovered a new religion, philosophy, cause or career choice. They feel their energy go up, they feel the heat, and they want more of it. They take up the wand and start to walk.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 09:30:25 pm »
Lynne, della, Elle, and Jack, you just have to let me know a time when you have a half-hour or so to chat via phone or in the chatroom. I could do the reading without making contact with you, but I think it would be more meaningful if you were present (in spirit enniway) while I am drawing the cards. I will then send you the results by PM or email. I'll provide a little interpretation, but not much. It's up to you to figure out what it means. There's a ton of info available on the Internet, or you can get books at your local bookstore or library.

Shortly, I'll post my year-end reading here!!

Fire away Lee, sight unseen.  My schedule is so wonky right now, I can't imagine when I could have a free half hour not taken up with multiple tasks/interruptions.  I trust such readings, I've done them before myself.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »
Fire away Lee, sight unseen.  My schedule is so wonky right now, I can't imagine when I could have a free half hour not taken up with multiple tasks/interruptions.  I trust such readings, I've done them before myself.

I enjoyed very much doing the reading for Lynne yesterday and tonight I am preparing for your reading, friend Della!! This is your night and I'm looking forward to it very much!!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 10:56:35 pm »
I enjoyed very much doing the reading for Lynne yesterday and tonight I am preparing for your reading, friend Della!! This is your night and I'm looking forward to it very much!!

Yay!  Me too!

I think your reading will go well, cold as it is.  I once met an internet friend who only knew me from my postings and he remarked that I was a rare internet friend in that I turned out to be just as up front and outspoken in person as I was online.  ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 04:13:33 pm »

It was fabulous to hear your voice yesterday, FriendLee.  It felt like Estes Park was just yesterday.  I miss you.  Below is the reading you sent me - thank you!  I have some initial impressions but I want to ponder some, then I'll come back and post more:

Lynne 1-23-09

Top: IV of Wands
: A bluebird in flight over a flower and a heart-shaped assemblage of intertwined wands.

Wands represent fire. Their key element is willpower...flames are constantly in motion when wood burns, and when you are in motion, you show the "fire" within you. Wands symbolize germination and growth because they are fuel, potential energy, and nourishment for the fire. Other associations include wood, the phallic symbol, children, roots or ancestors, vitality, fireworks, hellfire, male inheritance, the sun, and "knock on wood."

IV is the eye of the tiger, where power, spirituality, vitality, and light face the four directions in a circle of fire. You can find your source of power by recognizing the two genders within you. Learn to live with the contradictions of life. Find the courage to overcome contradictions and limitations so you can see the creative possibilities in them.

Bottom, left: VI of pentacles, reversed (also called disks): A loaf of bread fresh from the oven, with a beanstalk intertwined around it. There are three seed-shaped disks on the vine and three on the bread pan.

"Realised Needs." Satisfy other people's needs thru the use of your talents.

These cards address practical matters as befitting the earth, the physical body, and finances. Disks is often represented by mirrors, so everything here is pointing to Ennis. Disks refer to the constant interplay between what we accomplish and that which defines us. Sometimes what looks like a simple rock becomes hidden gold.

Bottom, center: II of swords, reversed: A person sitting at a table with his head in his hands, looking towards the sky. The two legs of the table are shaped like swords, and there is an animal under the table, a coyote or dog,  or fox.

Your ability to see  merit in all arguments hampers your need to make decisions. Don’t vacillate and aim for cooperation, not confrontation.

Bottom, right: II of cups, upright: Two people are dancing, holding a beanstalk that has two cups intertwined.

You will make peace with someone who did you wrong. You receive a happy surprise, such as a love letter or a new relationship. You won’t buy into social pressure.

While the two's often show a division between opposing things, they can also show a cooperation and mutuality between two things, people, or ideas. The Two of Cups in particular portrays this aspect of the meaning of the number two very well. The Two of Cups displays the image of a couple in love, but it by no means is limited to this one experience. The Two of Cups represents the merging of emotions. One might say it reconciles opposite emotions and brings them together so rather than compete with one another, they compliment each other.

It is interesting that the first two cards drawn are in the suits associated with Ennis, and the latter two are in those associated with Jack. It is also interesting that a card from all four suits is in your reading. Also, there are no higher Arcana cards at all, indicating to me that this is a very practical, day-to-day message about how you live your daily life, and it does not have to do with cataclysmic changes either in your life or in the world.

This seems to me to be a very positive and happy reading about progress and satisfaction that you may already be beginning to realize in your life. I may be reading into this my hopes for you but it speaks to me of you finding a goal to your journey and a companionable spirit to share it with.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
I'm glad you liked the reading, friend Lynne, and I loved hearing your familiar voice too! I'm going to have della's reading finished this afternoon and PM'd to her, and I have time to do one or two others! Step right up!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 11:02:20 am »
Lee waits patiently for the next querent (Que"rent\, n. [L. quaerens, p. pr. of quaerere to search for, to inquire.] An inquirer. [Obs.]) to appear, shuffling her cards absent mindedly.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:57 am »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 01:19:24 pm »
My daughter did a reading for me last night while we were sitting by the fire and here's the result:

Top, center: The Page (or Jack) of Cups (you couldn't get more Jackian than that!

Left: The Emperor, reversed

Center: III of Swords

Right: The Lovers

If you know much about Tarot, you can probably tell that something significant has just happened in my life and you may even be able to tell what it is!! Can you guess??

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 02:53:35 pm »
I'm looking forward to doing some readings this weekend. In the meantime, here's the one I did for myself when celebrating with Brokie friends on New Years Eve, 2008:

2009 New Year Tarot Reading: Lee

Top:
Page of Cups

Don’t get upset if things are not going as you hoped. Be open to alternatives and prepare for a change in plans. Think before reacting. Beware of childish behavior.

This is the daydream kid; head in the clouds, rarely paying attention. They've got a great imagination and love telling or being told stories, but they're also overly sensitive; very kind and sweet, they'll bring you a flower, try to rescue sick birds or abandoned kittens, take very seriously the death of a goldfish. When sad, they're the saddest kid you ever saw. When happy, they're positively blissful.
Interesting! Both Tarot readings I've had this year have the very same card in the very same position! I'm starting to get the message!!

Right: Ace of Wands

Aces are the root force. They are the spark. Relate them to the Magician, who presents the tools to the Fool. They have no purpose yet, but are filled with raw potential. They are the active energy of the suit ready to be used. They can also indicate direction or season, though which stands for which is often debated. Here are the "usual" directions and seasons. If, however, they don't feel right to you, the reader, use whatever works best.

A new spark of energy for a new passion. This usually indicates that the querent has just discovered a new religion, philosophy, cause or career choice. They feel their energy go up, they feel the heat, and they want more of it. They take up the wand and start to walk.

This is the card that was in my "future" position on January 1, and now it's The Lovers. Both very positive cards, although drawing The Lovers can sometiimes indicate the need to make a choice or avoid temptation.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 04:52:50 pm »
Ok, so today I met with an old high school friend who now does tarot card readings.

Here is what was said:

She asked me to shuffle the cards, and hold them for a moment before giving them to her.  She put them out on a set pattern on the table, and began to give me her reading of them.  Keep in mind, while we are friends, we don't talk often, and she doesn't know a lot of what is going on in my life.  I'll put her comments in bold, and my comments about what is going on with me at the moment will be regular text.

She told me that I was feeling very antsy and frustated about things in my life right now.  That I'm going after things more aggressively than before in an effort to make changes.  I feel that certain things should be in place for me already by this age, and I'm working to put them in place.   I need to focus on what I need to do, but not push too hard, things are going as they should be.

I'm currently living at home with an 8 year old car, and I feel like I really need a place of my own.  About a month ago I've begun going over budgets and pricing apartments and cars in my area.  My plan is to squirrel away as much money as I can as quickly as I can.  Once I hit $24,000.00 in my savings, I will begin the moving out process.  My plan is to have that money there as a buffer, and once my current car goes, I will get a new car, but I don't want to move into my own place with a new car payment hanging over my head.  I've found a few places that I can work into my budget, and it is all falling into place.

She said that she sees me becoming more involved with a bigger social circle, I'll be doing something different that I will enjoy a great deal.  She said that there are great times to come with this, and that I'm going to meet someone who will pique my interest a great deal.  There will be great compatibility there, and a great connection, so much so that it will scare me, and I'll be afraid of losing it.  She said my instinct will be to pull back, and that I shouldn't.  She also saw that there is someone coming to me that will try to take advantage of me, and to make sure I'm very careful with who I choose to date.  She also said I'm too trusting.  She also said regarding my date last night that Patrick and I can be good friends, but she doesn't see this being a very serious thing, he will most likely be someone I can have fun with.

In September I'll be joining a gay bowling league that meets in the next town over.  It will be a great chance to increase my social circle and see what happens.  As for Patrick, as I've said on my blog, after our date neither one of us had a bad time, but we're not sure about where this will go.  There may have been a lack of sparks.

There are changes coming at work that are going to test me.  The dust is going to be stirred up and it will take me a while to adjust to it.  It will be a situation that I can totally control, but I have to learn to be patient and control it the correct way.  There will be temptation to leave the job, however, I have stability there and have to buckle down and do what I need to do.  She also said that there is an employee there that I need to watch out for.  This woman is not malicious, but has low self-esteem and wants to be liked.  If she thinks she can make someone else like her by talking about/giving up information about someone else, she will.

At my job we have Relationship Managers (they bring new business to the bank) and Relationship Assistants (me- we handle the day-to-day needs of the customers) and the ratio suggested by the company is two RMs to every one RA.   We just found out on Friday that one of the RAs (Linda) is retiring.  However, the bosses have decided not to hire a new person to take her place, which will save the company money.  Linda's two RMs have been given to other RAs and I got one of her RMs, one who is very "needy" and will keep me very busy.  Linda's leaving means I'm needed more than ever at my job, but the extra work and stress will test me.   As for the woman she's talking about, I know exactly who she means.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 07:57:59 pm »
Interesting! Some valuable information for you. There's one disconnect though. She tells you you shouldn't hold back when you meet a certain someone, yet says you're "too trusting." Is this causing you problems?

I'd be interested in knowing exactly which cards were showing and in what order, if you remember. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 01:05:42 pm »
I haven't given myself a reading for a long time but last weekend when I was in the mountains, I decided to do so. Guess what popped up as the overarching card that affects everything right now?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 01:43:41 pm »
A pig?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 02:38:25 pm »
The 4 of Pentacles can be a card about holding on to things, people, money, or situations longer than is healthy or realistic. ... If any card in the Tarot relates to the old saying about "If you love something set it free…" this is the one.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 02:58:37 pm »
But why does the card have a pig on it?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »
The pig is the symbol of greed or miserliness. I really think pigs don't deserve this reputation. I've seen many a fine pig and they are actually quite active and fastidious. We've trained them wrong, since we value the fatty meat so much.

What Chuck says is right on. I was thinking in a more literal way, seeing the card as representing our pig-in-chief!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »
So, since you are so knowledgeable about tarot, I wonder if you'd share your thoughts on the other three cards in my reading of last weekend, friend Chuck?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 03:35:33 pm »
Well, I'm not knowledgeable about Tarot.  Google sees all the answers.

regarding your cards above:

Upright 2 of Swords - Indecision, choices, truce, stalemate, blocked emotions

Upright King of Swords -  Clear thinking, intellectual power, authority, truth

Reversed Ace of Wands -  Delays, lack of motivation, weighed down

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2017, 09:15:29 pm »
Well, I'm not knowledgeable about Tarot.  Google sees all the answers.
regarding your cards above:
Upright 2 of Swords - Indecision, choices, truce, stalemate, blocked emotions
Upright King of Swords -  Clear thinking, intellectual power, authority, truth
Reversed Ace of Wands -  Delays, lack of motivation, weighed down

Your words have a germ of truth, but I can add some context. The Two of Swords, I believe, represents my boyfriend, who is devoted to his dog, lives by his wits, and looks upright to the sky (is a philosopher). Then in the middle is the Knight of Swords. That has always been my friend EDelMar, who is my (mostly) loyal friend and supporter. On the right or "future" position is the Ace of Wands, depicted by a hand writing. I believe that represents my future as an author. It is reversed, which means the action will be dictated by others, my clients. That is okay with me!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
have you cast any more cards for yourself, recently?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »
I am just sitting down to do that. Stay tuned!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 07:56:19 pm »
*stays tuned*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
The cards were different than what I'm used to seeing. Two of Cups, reversed, and another Cups card in the "past" position. My present position card was a reversed pentacles (coins) and the future position was the eight of Swords, which seems to indicate it will be a time for action of some sort.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 09:35:34 pm »
make some plans,  Lee

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2017, 06:28:01 pm »
Not that much progress yet, but I did go to the Heaven’s Sake metaphysical shop, which was having their 17th anniversary sale. I obtained 3 candles and 2 bracelets at 17% off.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 10:11:51 pm »
nice!