Author Topic: Anyone posted this yet? If so, sorry.  (Read 20365 times)

Offline libertyangel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • pour toujours...
Re: Anyone posted this yet? If so, sorry.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 02:08:23 pm »
Okay, thank you Julie, wenn ich etwas nicht schreiben kann, werde ich es auf deutsch schreiben und du überstzt es für mich, great!

Offline libertyangel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • pour toujours...
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »
Here another wallpaper!

moremojo

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 02:50:50 pm »
That's an exceptionally beautiful image you shared there, libertyangel. Earth and sky/wind have been much invoked in regard to BBM analysis (with Ennis as earth and Jack as wind), but the fire/water complement is more unusual. There is something profoundly elemental to this film and story, isn't there? Some kind of archetypal, primeval power resides there, and I think this is one reason that the film reaches so deep into our cores and stays there.

Cheers,
Scott

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 02:57:50 pm »
Hi libertyangel,

Welcome to Bettermost.
Here are two more people from Germany on this board. I'm one of them. I live in Pfalz, right next to Saarland.

If you need any help regarding translation, I'll be happy to help you out. Feel free to PM me.
Here's a link to an online-dictionary:

http://dict.leo.org

And now the same in German:

Hallo libertyangel,

Willkommen auf Bettermost. Hier sind noch zwei Leute aus Deutschland; ich bin eine von ihnen. Ich wohne in der Pfalz, direkt neben dem Saarland.

Wenn du Hilfe für eine Übersetzung brauchst, kann ich dir gerne behilflich sein. Auch per PM.
Der obige Link führt zu einem online-Wörterbuch.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 02:59:22 pm »
Angel--er, don't count on it! I'll do the best I can...I'm saving your pictures as fast as you post them.

moremojo--you DAWG! I see your post above mine! I'm game...but not gifted...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 03:03:10 pm »
The wind should be so
lucky as to have half the
qualities of Jack.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 03:07:45 pm »
There is something profoundly elemental to this film and story, isn't there? Some kind of archetypal, primeval power resides there, and I think this is one reason that the film reaches so deep into our cores and stays there.

Scott:
I hear you, friend. You said something very true.
Love is a Force of Nature. I love the tagline; fits perfectly.

Offline Andrew

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 05:04:25 pm »
Libertyangel,
The pictures you made are beautiful and true.  I hope you have, or will make, many others, and post them here.

The video with music from Bach's third Suite is also wonderful.  It lets us experience these images in a new way, no longer bound to the time and place in which those men lived, but freed into a realm they must have experienced only rarely, and in dreams.

Offline libertyangel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • pour toujours...
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 01:40:37 pm »
Thank you Andrew, I'm not the producer from this wallpaper  :(

Here another wallpaper, fire and water.

Offline Andrew

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 02:39:34 pm »
Whereever it comes from, libertyangel, I hope there are a lot more from that artist!

I do like these as big as they are, I don't mind scrolling to the right.  Sometimes however, when I post my own pictures, I do want them all to fit on the window at one time, so I edit the width.  After I copy the URL and cliick on the Insert Image button, I edit the   [img]  on the left to say   [img width=300] and then the Preview button to see how that comes out.  Depending on the picture, I edit the width up or down until it previews to the right size, then I post it.

When you are looking at someone else's pictures and they don't all fit in, one thing you can do is to click on the posting person's name at the upper left of the post, then click on 'show the last posts of this person' near the bottom of their profile window.  The window that comes up doesn't have the column for advertising on the right, so the whole picture may show without scrolling.