Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162775 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3170 on: November 23, 2008, 03:13:16 pm »
Geeeeeeeez........that's sooooooooo nasty!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3171 on: November 23, 2008, 04:26:57 pm »
:o :laugh:

Do dogs really do that?  Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh

Yup. They sure do!  :P

Cody was doing that, so I bought a cat tray with a hood on it so he couldn't get to the feces. But he learned how to pry the hood off with his mouth and paws. So then I bought one of those automatic cat trays, where it sweeps up the feces automatically about a minute after the cat exits the tray and then places it in a little sealed box. But Cody figured out if he sits there and waits until the cat finishes he can get to it before the rake mechanism starts up. So I really don't know what to do now. Sometimes he brings it back out with him, lays down at my feet and snacks on it. It's absolutely disgusting.

I've been thinking about installing a small cat flap in the door to the utility room where the cat tray is located. The only problem with that though is I think Oreo would be scared of it. I'm not sure if he would want to walk through it. He's a very little cat and he tends to be skitterish sometimes. I'd hate to spend all that money and work installing the flap only to find out the cat won't walk through it. :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3172 on: November 23, 2008, 04:30:42 pm »
It's true. Cat poop is a gourmet treat to dogs.

Isn't that awful? :P

I wonder why they like it so much?

injest

« Reply #3173 on: November 23, 2008, 04:36:44 pm »
Yup. They sure do!  :P

Cody was doing that, so I bought a cat tray with a hood on it so he couldn't get to the feces. But he learned how to pry the hood off with his mouth and paws. So then I bought one of those automatic cat trays, where it sweeps up the feces automatically about a minute after the cat exits the tray and then places it in a little sealed box. But Cody figured out if he sits there and waits until the cat finishes he can get to it before the rake mechanism starts up. So I really don't know what to do now. Sometimes he brings it back out with him, lays down at my feet and snacks on it. It's absolutely disgusting.

I've been thinking about installing a small cat flap in the door to the utility room where the cat tray is located. The only problem with that though is I think Oreo would be scared of it. I'm not sure if he would want to walk through it. He's a very little cat and he tends to be skitterish sometimes. I'd hate to spend all that money and work installing the flap only to find out the cat won't walk through it. :(

could you make the little door and just not put the flap on it?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3174 on: November 23, 2008, 04:38:25 pm »
I always kept my litter box on top of the washing machine. The cats jumped up and used it. The dogs couldn't get to it. But -- Cody -- he may be able to reach it. ? ? I didn't have big dogs back then.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3175 on: November 23, 2008, 04:41:27 pm »
could you make the little door and just not put the flap on it?

There's an idea. :D

I was under the impression it was all one piece, but I guess I could cut the little flap off.

Oreo likes normalcy (is that a word?). If he sees anything new and different he'll freak for a few days. It would probably take him several days to work up the courage to walk through the hole, even if the flap was off. That is a very good idea though Jess! I may just give it a try! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3176 on: November 23, 2008, 04:46:27 pm »
I always kept my litter box on top of the washing machine. The cats jumped up and used it. The dogs couldn't get to it. But -- Cody -- he may be able to reach it. ? ? I didn't have big dogs back then.

I think Cody could probably reach it. He'd pull it off. And then I'd have cat feces all over the floor. :laugh:

>:( >:(

injest

« Reply #3177 on: November 23, 2008, 04:50:29 pm »
There's an idea. :D

I was under the impression it was all one piece, but I guess I could cut the little flap off.

Oreo likes normalcy (is that a word?). If he sees anything new and different he'll freak for a few days. It would probably take him several days to work up the courage to walk through the hole, even if the flap was off. That is a very good idea though Jess! I may just give it a try! :D

pfft tell me about it. I got a new nightie and the cats acted like they didn't recognize me!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3178 on: November 23, 2008, 05:17:05 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3179 on: November 24, 2008, 07:26:06 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!