Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162948 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2790 on: June 15, 2008, 06:50:34 pm »

Happy fathers day to Cody and the kitty's daddy...........

Honey I am glad to hear you are all still relatively safe.. I have been very concerned with your safety and well being..I hope you continue to stay well.  I am still concerned with all the people in the other areas as well.  Bless their hearts.  It must me so devastating for them to have to go thru all this..Know that I am still thinking of you..and hoping for the best...love janice

Thanks for your concern Janice! I, WE appreciate it.  :-*

We're doing pretty good up here in Indy now. Most of the flooding in Indiana is now confined to the south and southwestern part of the state in places like Terre Haute, Vincennes, Evansville, Spencer, New Albany, Corydon, New Harmony, Jasper and Mount Vernon.

But they just said on the news that the National Weather Service has posted severe thunderstorm watches tonight for much of Indiana, so......  :-\  :-\

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2791 on: June 16, 2008, 02:45:53 am »
I am all by myself in here it appears but I KNOW one of them hidden people are YOU!

:P :P :P

I am lonely for my husband. It is not fun to sleep all by myself, no one to steal the covers.... :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2792 on: June 16, 2008, 02:50:43 am »
I am all by myself in here it appears but I KNOW one of them hidden people are YOU!

:P :P :P

I am lonely for my husband. It is not fun to sleep all by myself, no one to steal the covers.... :(

Try sleeping alone in a house that opens the front door all by itself! >:(

Where is your hubby tonight Jess?

injest

« Reply #2793 on: June 16, 2008, 02:55:35 am »
Try sleeping alone in a house that opens the front door all by itself! >:(

Where is your hubby tonight Jess?

gone to Athens with a group of the 4H kids

injest

« Reply #2794 on: June 16, 2008, 02:56:10 am »
He took five kids and horses in the big trailer.

injest

« Reply #2795 on: June 16, 2008, 02:56:57 am »
well he took the HORSES in the trailer...not the kids. they rode in cars with their parents.

injest

« Reply #2796 on: June 16, 2008, 03:32:31 am »

??? ???

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2797 on: June 16, 2008, 02:42:11 pm »
My bff Jenny was diagnosed with leukemia a couple of weeks ago. I just found out about it this week. I'm not supposed to know about it. Her Mother called me and told me about it. Isn't that weird? Why doesn't she want to tell me?

Some of my friends call Jenny my 'fag hag". I've always hated that term! How offensive! It's not offensive towards gay people, I don't think (even though it uses that disgusting "F" word) but I think it's offensive of women. Hag? Women are not hags I don't think. Anyway, I digress....

She won't take my phone calls. She won't answer my email. I've left dozens of messages to no avail. I've drove my car from Indianapolis to Carmel (she lives in Carmel) several tmes and banged on her front door. She won't open it up. She's home, I know this because I can see her car through the crack of her garage door. She just doesn't want to talk right now. I'll respect it. But I worry about my friend. I sure do hope she's okay. My Mother died of leukemia in 2003, and this is scaring the hell out of me! But I think I know Jenny, and she just needs some time to think and process the information. And she has a couple of friends with her. I just wish I was one of them.  :'( :'(

How did I miss this?

It's a real shame that she's not wanting your help at the moment as we now you can offer comfort in abundance, but she's going through a scary time. She'll come round. Also, she knows about your Mum, I'm sure she's trying to shield you from it to a degree too.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2798 on: June 18, 2008, 10:46:56 pm »
How did I miss this?

It's a real shame that she's not wanting your help at the moment as we now you can offer comfort in abundance, but she's going through a scary time. She'll come round. Also, she knows about your Mum, I'm sure she's trying to shield you from it to a degree too.

Thank you Kelda!!  :-*  :-*

And have a lot of fun in Hungary, girl friend!  8)  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2799 on: June 18, 2008, 10:58:44 pm »
I've started using a different brand of hummingbird food. Ever since I dumped that concentrated mix on Cody and turned his fur pink, I've been reluctant to use that style of bird food. Because I don't want it to happen again.

I bought a brand called Pennington Natural Springs  ???  ??? and it smells like fruit punch! For all of these years that I've bought hummingbird food, I've never used any that smells. At least not like punch. This is premixed food, meaning I don't have to add any water, and since it's not a concentrated mix, it shouldn't stain if I accidently spill it on one of the animals. Anyway, has anyone ever heard of hummingbird food that smells like fruit punch? This hummingbird food is called "nectar" and maybe that's why it smells. The birds seem to love it. They are flocking to the feeders.

I don't like to use sugar water in my feeders, because it doesn't have the nutrients and vitamins the birds need to keep healthy. This fruit punch smelling nectar has Crude Protein, fat, fiber, sugar, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D-3 and Vitamin E in it.

And it smells just like fruit punch.  :-\ :-\