Author Topic: Rosie Has Left The View  (Read 8853 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Rosie Has Left The View
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:32:59 pm »
Rosie has announced she is through with The View, primarily because of this:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:42:59 pm by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Re: The Donald Defends Rosie in Latest Spat, Sliverstone Snubs Liz
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:48:49 pm »
I felt the earth move when Trump took Rosie's side in the spat...

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Rosie Has Left The View
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 06:02:48 pm »
Am I right that the argument came from whether Bush should have soldiers in Iraq?  And if the Iraqi people are your [USA's] enemies?

It's so sad that almost any debate about such a president is so volatile.   Surely to god everyone doesn't have shares in Halliburton.

America is unraveling before our eyes.
First an ex-president then an ex-vice-president speak out.
The emperor has no ... marbles.

ps. I am from Canada
and another Canadian Soldier died today trying to help Afghanistan get back on it's feet.  (He died on the road - at 25.)
The Iraqi war has embittered and emboldened the opposition in all that area.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:16:22 pm by Toast »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 06:22:34 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear it.  But Rosie is very emotional, and I think it would be torture for her to go back after that incident.  It's one thing to feud with Trump, but it's harder when your opponent is 3 feet away.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=263444&GT1=7703
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 08:07:51 pm »
I agree with you all.  Yes, Toast - it is definitely unraveling.  I just don't get it.  Well, I do, actually, but I try not to.  ;)

Seriously, I think it's all about fear.  This President is apparently a master (or should I say Karl Rove is the master, since GWB is incapable of original thought) at fostering it in his people.  I guess I didn't get that particular gene, but it seems many of us did.

And might I add, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a shrill, ignorant, insensitive c-word.  No - that's being too kind.  You have to have some intelligence to merit the c-word or even the b-word.  So let's just say she's a twit.

Someone on another board I frequent said, "I think Elisabeth is a lovely person.  She's done some stints at Fox News (big shocker, there) - I hope she considers going there permanently."

I said "So do I."   :P
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:12:02 pm »
Ooh, Phillip - just watched your second clip.  WTG, Alicia Silverstone!  I now have something else to love about her besides her performance in "Clueless" (which was classic).

And The Donald - "the dumbest person in television."  LMFAO!  I never thought I'd say this, but THANK you, Donald.
No more beans!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:16:14 pm »
I expect Rosie will end up with her own show very soon, perhaps even one to bookend Bill Maher on HBO.  I think Rosie would have a big audience for her outspoken views about current events.

I am not a regular viewer of The View, but anything that gets people talking about current events in this country beyond Paris Hilton, et al., is a major plus for me.  And from what I've heard from Elizabeth, she's good at coughing up the talking points and trying to defend what is rapidly turning into the worst administration in the history of this country.  I've called them TeamFailure since Katrina, and things have certainly not improved since then.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:36:19 am »
TeamFailure - I LOVE it!  Well, love the name, hate the sinners.

No more beans!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 01:51:38 pm »
And might I add, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a shrill, ignorant, insensitive c-word.  No - that's being too kind.  You have to have some intelligence to merit the c-word or even the b-word.  So let's just say she's a twit.

Someone on another board I frequent said, "I think Elisabeth is a lovely person.  She's done some stints at Fox News (big shocker, there) - I hope she considers going there permanently."

I said "So do I."   :P

I wish she'd go to Fox, too.  Unfortunately, I don't think she's a twit, just a product of a conservative Republican background that makes her see what she wants to see and rationalize TeamFailure's stupidity accordingly.  What concerns me is that her sparring with Rosie forced her to become better prepared and more aggressive, and with Rosie gone, she could dominate a weaker person.  It certainly doesn't hurt that she's a pretty blonde and wears her Christianity on a chain around her neck.  IMO she's far more dangerous than the likes of Ann Coulter or other cynical blondes the conservatives have trotted out from time to time.  She calms people's fears and lulls them into thinking that things are ultimately okay because, hey, Bush is at least in the right party and a professed born-again Christian and is "keeping us safe."  Gah.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 04:03:13 pm »
Interesting - knowing zero about that blonde woman I have to say that while I don't agree with her George bush is great spieel, she didn't seem to say much in that instance to get rosie riled up... I assume this has been brewing?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/