Author Topic: Favorite facial expressions?  (Read 28168 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Favorite facial expressions?
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 11:54:16 am »
I really like to watch their faces in the whole elk shooting scene. Especially Jack's surprised look when Ennis shoves him and Ennis wanting to grin, but trying not to. Cute, cute, cute!!

You're so right, Shasta! Ennis IS trying not to grin, and it's funny and cute.

Dunno if this one has been mentioned or not, but I find myself doing it ALL THE TIME......

The corner of the mouth raise when Ennis after he has gotten the supplies at the bridge and leads the donkeys away....

:laugh: Not only do I do something like that, but I had just been noticing that I do that! For me, it's the quick smile-unsmile that Ennis does with the Basque, and also when he meets Cassie, right after the "... Del Mar."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:39 pm »
The incredible contrast in expression between the flashback cuddle contentment and that cold, twisted bitterness as Ennis drives away from him for the last time. These two consecutive wordless shots of Jake always leave me a little breathless. And very very sad. 
I think this is one of the best scenes ever put to film!
The juxtaposition of emotions is incredible. Comfort and contentment then anger and hurt.
I also love the begining when Ennis is all fidgety in front of the trailer he looks like a little boy.
I love they way jack leans back on the truck!
Oh hell, I love every scene in the movie!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 12:40:04 pm »

I love the scene when Ennis is looking out the window in the reunion scene, and spies Jack,,that little quirky smile is just the best..........joy contained...

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 12:44:36 pm »

I love the scene when Ennis is looking out the window in the reunion scene, and spies Jack,,that little quirky smile is just the best..........joy contained...

I love that one too!
He can't get out there fast enough!
He's tryin to tuck his shirt in and make it through the house without falling over stuff!
It's a sweet moment.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

mvansand76

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 01:11:46 pm »

:laugh: Not only do I do something like that, but I had just been noticing that I do that! For me, it's the quick smile-unsmile that Ennis does with the Basque, and also when he meets Cassie, right after the "... Del Mar."

The quick smile-unsmile with one corner of his mouth. Yep, that's the one! LOL! I do that when I want to be kind, but not say anything...  :-\

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 02:16:54 pm »
Oh My Goodness, you guys!  I decided to use the last 10 minutes of my lunch to read just one thread, and I came upon this one....   I haven't cried over this film in a long time, and just reading everyone's favorite facial expressions brought the whole experience rushing back to me in a big wave of love and sadness.....

My positively favorite expressions:

ENNIS:  The absolute ANGUISH (of having buried all of his emotion his entire life) and JOY (which he's never felt in his entire life) as he lies down with Jack in TS2.

My mom absolutely ADORES Ennis/Heath and says that, in that one 10 second moment, Heath sheds a light into Ennis' soul like nothing she's ever seen before.

JACK:   Being a Jake/Jack lover, I have a hard time picking one favorite, but the one which always puts a smile on my face, is in the reunion scene, when he gets out of his truck, hears Ennis on the landing and looks up, relieved that Ennis is happy to see him, and runs toward the stairs with that enormous grin on his face and the relief of expression of love suppressed for four years buries itself in Ennis' arms..

:'(

Love,

Daphne
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Seaweed727

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • We are all better when we are loved.
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 02:52:49 pm »

Of all the favourites listed, there are so many that bring all of these wonderful memories flooding back and a tears to my eyes.

I'd have to say one of my favourites is the look of total love on Jack's face as his smile widens when Ennis pulls up in his truck, late for one of their visits.  The score associated with this scene adds considerably to the overall feeling of the moment.

"I got a boy, eight months old.... Smiles a lot."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007, 02:55:49 pm »
Daphne,
Those are great moments!
Your right about TS2.
Ennis lets go and it's beautiful. Also, the way Jack cradles him and re-assures him is equally beautiful.

mvansand76

Re: YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR'S EXPRESSIONS in the film
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2007, 02:57:52 pm »
For Heath I love the starting scenes while Ennis waits for Aguirre to arrive. He looked so full of apprehension. The few seconds right before Jack drives up, Ennis sucks at his lower lip is a detail that sticks in my mind for some reason..

Oh I looooooove that sucking in of the bottom lip and.... I hate to admit it... but I realised a few months ago that I still do that when I am waiting for the train...

LOL! The influence of this movie on my life is endless.... :laugh:

Offline oilgun

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2007, 06:16:11 pm »

...What?

I just love this scene and that look on Ennis' face just before Jack says "Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks".