Author Topic: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?  (Read 47372 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2006, 10:57:11 pm »
Hi! I am a imdb refugee too.  I only saw the movie a little over a month ago and I was obsessed.  Thats how I found IMDb and I liked it until the troll attacks.  they can get out of hand in their insults!  There was a post there about BetterMost and so I decided to check it out.  So here I am you can tell that I have only been here a couple days and have made only a few posts but everyone here has been very nice and I love the threads.

Hey... welcome aboard.  One more post and you are out of the "tourist" category.  :)  Everyone was a tourist once, including me.  I really love the fact the community here is growing and I appreciate seeing new faces posting messages and joining in.  Sometimes it might look like there is some sort of clique here, but I have found the "way in" is to just start participating.  After all, we were all probably strangers to one another six months ago.

As BetterMost continues to evolve, I am beginning to see it broaden into a social networking site where friends meet friends based first on the fact we are all totally freaked out by the movie, we discuss every little detail of it, and if/when the obsession subsides, there will still be some reasons to be here to talk to one another about whatever is on our minds and how we are doing on our journey to finish the story.

Brokeback Myspace without the child predators. :)

Most of all, don't worry about making a mistake.  I have managed to delete my own messages on here in the early days by mistake, and I run the site!  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2006, 02:08:58 am »
KORGRIFF...
welcome to neverland!! its wonderful here..i have been over on IMDB telling everyone to come here and find peace and intellegence! ;D
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline korgriff

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
Thank You for the welcome nakymaton, Phillip, and slayers_creek_oth.   Hello maggiesmommy I remember enjoying your boards on IMDb, nice to see you.

Thanks for the advice Phillip I will definitely use it, I guess this is my one more post, HORRAY!!! ;D

See ya on the boards!
"....you got a better idea?" Ennis Del Mar
"I did once." Jack Twist

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2006, 12:56:22 am »
Hey there:

I am a newbie to this wonderful message-board, having only joined tonight.  Previously I was at IMDB for the past month, since I just saw BBM for the first time on April 13th.  I have been enraptured ever since.  After seeing the movie I was stunned for about a day, and went to IMDB to clear up some of the questions I had (what did he say at the end?  How did Jack die?  and I didn't even realize that the flashback was a flashback until I watched it again).  I had gone to see it in the theatre the very last day it was playing, and then all the next day, which was Good Friday, I could not stop thinking about it...  I could hardly stand to wait until the next day when the stores were open again so I could buy the DVD.

I have had Brokeback Fever ever since, I have not watched any other TV in weeks, (why am I even paying for cable TV these days?) I have not kept up with my favorite show the Apprentice, all I have done about that is tape the episodes, I don't even know who is left.  I work, come home, read the boards, watch BBM, sleep, read the boards, think about BBM duning my long commute back and forth, etc.  It is an addiction!

At first I was inconsolable that they would not be together, JACK'S DEAD!!!  How terrible!  Then I was enraptured by the sweet love story side of it, and how yummy-delicious both Jake and Heath are in the movie, but lately in the past day or two   --  and this is blending what AP wrote in her story with the movie, plus a LOT of wisdom from fellow posters  --  I am thinking that the main theme of the story is about Ennis not accepting his attraction to Jack, more than it is a pure love story.  The lines in the story after the flashback ----  well this could turn into a major essay, so I will save it for the boards.  Anyway hello to y'all, and are you guys keeping the same monnikers you had over at IMDB?  I know I have appreciated many of the regular posters' posts.  I can't reel the names off, but I will be looking for them!

J

PS:  buy the full screen version, it shows more stuff at the bottom of the screen!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2006, 01:39:25 am »
I have had Brokeback Fever ever since, I have not watched any other TV in weeks, (why am I even paying for cable TV these days?) I have not kept up with my favorite show the Apprentice, all I have done about that is tape the episodes, I don't even know who is left.  I work, come home, read the boards, watch BBM, sleep, read the boards, think about BBM duning my long commute back and forth, etc.  It is an addiction!

LOL!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well, you've come to the right place.  Welcome!

About the full screen version... I was in Barnes and Noble today and there was this big fancy, lovely display of BBM stuff (DVDs, soundtrack, Proulx books, and even a big special cardboard stand to hold it all).  Of course, my little heart was touched by all this.  I noticed that the DVD cover is now much improved by the removal of the cheesy white border and Oscars reference.  I already have all of the items on that display (widescreen DVD, soundtrack, books, etc.) but I felt an overwhelming urge to buy something anyway.  I felt almost guilty walking by without buying something.  Sad, I know.  So, now I have an excuse!  Maybe I'll go back and buy a full screen edition. 
 ::)
I have heard others around here mention that there are details that get cut off at top and bottom margins in the widescreen edition. 
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2006, 06:35:59 pm »
but I felt an overwhelming urge to buy something anyway.  I felt almost guilty walking by without buying something.  Sad, I know.

I was in a small supermarket buying milk this evening, and I saw they had BBM to rent. I had to forcibly remind myself that I already owned it, and there was no excuse whatsoever to rent it.  ::) :D *joins atz75 in the sad corner*

((((Mel)))) Hi, thanks for the welcome. :) Yes, I knew you were nakymaton. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post here. Writing takes a lot of time, and I feel that there's not much I can say about BBM that hasn't already been said.  I'm also rather overwhelmed by the number of threads. Love the smileys, though.  8)

Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2006, 07:55:51 pm »
Welcome, Sarah!  I'm glad to see you posting here.  Makes my Brokie heart beat happily.  :D

Hi to all the new folks and to mel again.  This is a great place to call home!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:52 pm »
Welcome, Sarah!  I'm glad to see you posting here.  Makes my Brokie heart beat happily

Thank's, meryl. :-* Missing you. I must still be jetlagged. It's 2-30am and I'm still buzzing. Tomorrow's the first morning I have to get up early since I got back. Crunch time.

Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:16 pm »
Hello...

battered refugee from Imdb, here.

Nice place you've got...

I know a few of you from that experience...  Gay, Victoria... and probably more...

Congratulations on your troll bust.

Kudz

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2006, 01:54:56 am »
Welcome, new folks!  Glad you're here.