Author Topic: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?  (Read 47759 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:25 pm »
I dunno... CT - When you care enough to say the very best?  Ah, David's the one with the talent for slogans.  :)

Welcome to all the new folks.  I'm an IMDb/PT refugee, myself.  Like so many of us here, I totally understand where you all are coming from.  Saw the movie for the first time in January.  Was stunned by it.  Didn't really cry, and then I sobbed, until the next day.  I haven't been able to get those two out of my head ever since.  Nor would I want to, if I could.

Good to know you all.  Take off your coats and stay awhile - you're among friends here.

~ Barb
(The artist formerly known as the Lordess of All Things Brokeback)
No more beans!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2006, 08:17:56 am »
Hi to everyone,

Some of you may already know me from IMDB.  I've survived several troll invasions (well, actually, I think it may be the same troll). 

I certainly recognize some familiar names in these postings and I am looking forward to reading some of the postings here.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2006, 09:48:28 am »
Hi bjblakeslee!

I miss your bouncing blue smiley!! (That was you, wasn't it?)

See ya on the forums!

ANKE   :)

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Figure skating is not figure jumping! - Ilia Kulik
    • Balletic Tzar
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2006, 09:15:06 am »
Hi all! It's me! Just found out about this place yesterday! Great to see everyone here!
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2006, 09:02:29 pm »
Hi all! It's me! Just found out about this place yesterday! Great to see everyone here!

Hello and welcome.  I remember you from IMDb...  We never really met, but I ready lots of your thought-provoking posts.  Nice to see you here.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline LilyValley

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2006, 01:18:29 am »
 ;D Howdy y'all!

I've written a bit about myself in the introduction thread, I would just like to say hi here too! Usually I am just a lurker on other boards, but I decided, hey, this looks like a friendly bunch of people, so here I am! I am a 14 year old Kiwi girl from Wellington, a complete Brokie and am looking foward to making lots of new friends here!

See you around!  :)
if you can't stand it you got to fix it!

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:27 am »
Howdy to you too, Lil Darlin!
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2006, 01:33:23 am »
;D Howdy y'all!

I've written a bit about myself in the introduction thread, I would just like to say hi here too! Usually I am just a lurker on other boards, but I decided, hey, this looks like a friendly bunch of people, so here I am! I am a 14 year old Kiwi girl from Wellington, a complete Brokie and am looking foward to making lots of new friends here!

See you around!  :)

Welcome!  I'm Chris...

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »
I have just read through this thread and I realised that I haven't posted about myself.
I am no one new so all you regulars already know this(so you can switch off round about now), but just a quick "Hello!" from me to all you new people.
Well I am Becky I am 15, infact one of the youngest here at Bettermost(but definitely not the most immature ;D). I have been here at BM since the 31st of March(I have just checked) and I am loving it so far. I came over here in March cause of the troll invasion we had in IMDb and I have loved it here ever since. As I said my name is Becky, I have blonde hair and blue eyes, I live in Bedford, UK (an hour and a half drive south to London). I live with my mum, dad and sister. My sister is called Kirsty(or Krusty), she is 18(soon to be 19)and she is also known as the "Crash" sister as she actually loves the film. And our fights about it are infamous. My birthday is on the 17th of October. I am not the brightest crayon in the box, but I apparently have my moments of quick witt, trust me you will be lucky if you catch me in one of these moments cause they are once in a blue moon.
I have been completely besotted with BBM ever since I saw it on the 8th January 2006 in Cambridge. And soon after I found the guys on IMDb. I love everything BBM and I infact have a whole BBM scrapbook, I know it is sad but it controls my collecting OCD.
I have made some really good friends here and I love you all. :-* Most of my friends are also powerful people here at Bettermost, so watch your step....A'ight. :laugh:
My posts are normally a better quality than this, but I am watching ER at the same time as watching this, so don't blame me if I randomly right ER characters names in this post.
I hope I get to know all the people I don't already know, cause you all seem like wonderful people from what I have read.
I am off to go and watch ER cause my brain hurts from all the multi-tasking.
Love,
Beckala
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2006, 05:23:44 am »

Welcome newbies...

;D ;D

Put on a pot of coffee and I'll be right around...

Put on a jug of beer and I'll be there sooner!  :P
Chut up!