Author Topic: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?  (Read 47724 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2006, 10:31:06 pm »
Thanks, Ray, Front-Ranger, isabelle, et al. for your kind words. I have a confession to make here: Once I posted, I sent Ray a panicky PM, afraid that my post would be ignored, and for a while, I also thought about deleting. I just want you to know that I'm glad I didn't.  (I'm breathing a sigh of relief here.)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:34 pm »
You are so deliciously neurotic sometimes Franny, you fit right in!  Love ya to death!   :-*
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2006, 11:20:42 pm »
isn't it odd, that it is so hard to find people to discuss this movie with?? i have about 2 real people and lots of internet buddies, but the face to face boudinc of ideas is waht i really crave...
this movie really shook me to my core...i can't get it out of my head, my heart, my thoughts..the music plays on and on on continius repeat and the lines form the movie play in my head too..i have downloaded it to my ipod and watch it , or segments of it every time i can..
it has changed all of my former beliefs..it has totally revolutionized my way of thinking, my life, my outlook, the vision of my future, my feelings about intollerance...EVERYHTING has changed since i saw BBM that first time...
HOW can you explain this to people who have not seen it, refuse to see it, or have seen it and either don't "get it" or hate it...
sigh....
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:44 am »
HOW can you explain this to people who have not seen it, refuse to see it, or have seen it and either don't "get it" or hate it...
sigh....

maggiesmommy,

I don't believe you can.

I used to tell people who said they had no interest in seeing it to just go see it with an open mind. Then I started telling them to just go see it with an open heart. Now I've stopped trying, after realizing that some people will never "get it" and that other people don't want to "get it."

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2006, 11:55:41 am »
yep..their loss, but very sad
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:57:57 am by maggiesmommy »
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline joyce023

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2006, 01:23:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joyce, coming from IMDB too  :'(. Thanks a lot for the invitation! Honestly, I have been EXHAUSTED to save that sinking boat. I feel so relieved to find another paradise here....although I will still visit IMDB once for a while.

I am a Taiwanese and working in Beijing now. I have business trips very often (tomorrow I'm flying to Seattle....). I really have no idea why I am cureless falling love with BBM. Ever since I saw it in January, I just cannot get rid of it from my mind. I even quarrelled with my brother and sister-in-law because of it (they are Christians, and me too!), and they questioned me why I went to see the movie more than once (actually it's 7 times) for a movie promoting the theme of "sin" blablabla....(give me a break!)

Luckily another thing distract my attention lately - I finally watched the last season of "Six Feet Under". Woo...I love it so so so so much! I cried a river....

OK I wanna shut up now. Glad to meet you guys here, and quite many familiar names. BTW, I love the name "BetterMost"!  ;D

Joyce
~ Whenever, whatever, have a nice day. ~
~ Wherever, whatever, have a nice day. ~

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2006, 01:45:48 pm »
Joyce,

Welcome! Glad to know that someone else speaks Chinese here.  ;D   There is a lot interesting discussion on bettermost, some goes beyond the movie.  A lot of fun too.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2006, 01:52:23 pm »
Hi Joyce,
I feel like you deserve to win some kind of Brokeback Mountain award for building that amazing "summary of Remarkable threads" thread back on imdb... and also for keeping it going and updated for so long.  I referred to it all the time when I used to post on imdb all the time.

welcome to the safe, troll free environment of BetterMost.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2006, 02:18:09 pm »
Hi Joyce,
I feel like you deserve to win some kind of Brokeback Mountain award for building that amazing "summary of Remarkable threads" thread back on imdb... and also for keeping it going and updated for so long.  I referred to it all the time when I used to post on imdb all the time.

welcome to the safe, troll free environment of BetterMost.

Ditto. 

I didn't know what was you, Joyce.  Kudos for compiling the list!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2006, 03:04:37 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joyce, coming from IMDB too  :'(. Thanks a lot for the invitation! Honestly, I have been EXHAUSTED to save that sinking boat. I feel so relieved to find another paradise here....although I will still visit IMDB once for a while.

OMG Joyce - are you THE Joyce of the favorite threads post?  You are famous!  You have done such an amazing thing for so long that has benefited so many.  It's great that you are here with us now.  Welcome, welcome, welcome.  Please - pull up a chair and set a spell.  You can finally relax and visit, have some coffee and cherry cake, all troll-free.

So delighted that you've landed here.

Celeste
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)