Author Topic: *Slightly* OT Confessions: How Much is TOO MUCH Before You'd QUIT Someone?  (Read 18089 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I've been reading and reading, and I have a thought that never before crystallized thus, but here it is: the only person who ever hurt me is me.  I refused to get hurt, so I never made a first move, never made myself vulnerable until I was sure of the other's attraction.  I've only been in two relationships; the first was practice and I knew it (although wouldn't have admitted it) -- that was the first German.  He was a sex machine.  And neat.  And he worshipped me.  What more could you want?  But he was needy, humor-challenged, and not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

The second relationship (the second German) (my sweetie-pie) was the one I was looking for, and I holy shit no freakin way found it.  I don't get it at all -- I was on a track towards never finding anyone because I refused to seek or be found... but I must have opened up a crack at just the right time, and poof, the grace of God slipped in.  NOTHING makes me believe in God so much as the luck, or fate, or grace, if you will, of being ready for R. when I was.  He feels something similar.

I hurt myself by falling into unrequited love, twice.  I've never told them.  I'm friends with them both, and the second one still hurts, a lot.  I wonder if it ever stops hurting.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Henrypie, I envy you your German who worship(ped) you!
Don't worry, it DOES stop hurting, but you transform the hurt into something else; can be more independence, more self-confidence, detachment... Depends on the sort of person you are.
But it does stop hurting. ;)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Bumping this... interesting thread...

and can I just say I'm not that honest EVER! What do you guys do to me!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
 I have been avoiding this thread for some reason but, having just watched BbM and feeling particularly SOMETHING, I guess the time is right.

In my case 21 years. I met G when he was 20 and I was 26-he was beautiful and charming and damaged and crazy, just the kind of mistake a sheltered, insecure, quiet girl was bound to make. He offered to buy me a drink-had to go borrow money from one of his friends to do it-and I accepted, something I never did. He ended up drinking it and saying goofy things trying to impress me. I took him home with me, he took a bath in my tub. I was in like. Since it was never meant to be anything, I didn't see him again for several months when I happened upon him playing tennis. We saw each other on and off through the years-he got married and divorced, he had girlfriends, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, mental health issues and I had the memory of our good times together but I never had him. I could never understand, and still don't, how he could profess his love for me, how we could be sooo compatible in so many ways (and NOT in so many others) and yet never want me. My fear (always my fear) was he didn't because I'm black (and here lies the damage of racism-stupid Crash missed it by a mile). He assured me that was not the case but I was never able to trust his words. Well, he moved to another state a couple of years ago and after one visit, a great visit, I decided it was time to quit that dream. A dream that, in reality, made absolutely no sense for me. We talked to each other only on birthdays and for the most part I quit and stayed quited.

Then comes BbM and just opened all emotional baggage and threw it around the room. How did I let 24 years of my life go by waiting for something I didn't really need? How did I let myself get so lonely and detached and afraid? Oh, falling apart now-gotta go

Heathen

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Ooooh, RouxB...  I wish I could be with you and give you a big hug.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Thanks-I could use one... :'(

Heathen

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
Oh Ruby!  You just are beautiful.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..

Okay for those of you who have seen "Love Actually".. the story of my life is the Laura Linney character. And instead of having a mentally-unwell brother, I have an autistic son.

It always proves too much for the people who come near my life.  Like the Sarah character, I too, had a very brief taste of the man of my dreams who I worshipped from afar for a long time. I took a risk in telling him and it paid off. For a little while. Predictably, the complications of my life were too much for him and he broke it off.  Perhaps NOT the man of my dreams after all??  Who knows.

In any case, the door is now closed.  I don't do relationships anymore.
Chut up!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
Oh Sheyne. "Love Actually" is one of my very favorite movies, and Sarah breaks my heart.

I'm glad you have a relationship with us!  ;D

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
Sheyne?!  What am I, chopped liver?!
~A good general knows when to retreat~