Author Topic: *Slightly* OT Confessions: How Much is TOO MUCH Before You'd QUIT Someone?  (Read 18056 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Sheyne-

And Ray has a surprise for you...

O0

Heathen

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
hehehehehehe
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Roux, Sheyne, *MWA*

I firmly believe there is someone out there for everyone. I have to believe that. We have to believe that.

They're just awaiting around the corner for us.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:43:16 am by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Sheyne?!  What am I, chopped liver?!

No, baby. Just completely unattainable. Which is the only thing worse than chopped liver.. lol.

And you know what I was talking about anyway!!!  :-\
Chut up!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!

I have an autistic son.

It always proves too much for the people who come near my life.  Like the Sarah character, I too, had a very brief taste of the man of my dreams who I worshipped from afar for a long time. I took a risk in telling him and it paid off. For a little while. Predictably, the complications of my life were too much for him and he broke it off.  Perhaps NOT the man of my dreams after all??  Who knows.

Sheyne, one of my friends has an autistic son. I am not just saying, it's true. Her name is Laurence, if that can make her sound any more real. She is lucky in that her boyfriend is still with her. But I think I can imagine what it is like for you.
Another friend, very close, adopted a child who turned out to be handicapped. She made a big problem out of it whereas it was alright for her husband. Now there are on their way to divorce.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the people I know, it has not been a problem for their close ones in their lives, but for themselves. You are perfectly right to talk openly about having an autistic child, and those for whom it proves too much are best left alone. So probably that one was not the man of your life after all.
My friend with the autistic child found support from everyone including her son's school teachers, but also from an association of parents who have the same experience. You might get to meet someone there? Someone for whom it would not prove too much.
On a lighter note, if you have gender issues, why not try girls?? NO, I am NOT on a self-promoting tour here, I was just thinking out loud. Yeah, I am some thinker, I know.
All the best to you. But I believe you will find someone again some day. If you think you need to, but who needs a man anyway, hunh? ;)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
I have an autistic son.
It always proves too much for the people who come near my life.  Like the Sarah character, I too, had a very brief taste of the man of my dreams who I worshipped from afar for a long time. I took a risk in telling him and it paid off. For a little while. Predictably, the complications of my life were too much for him and he broke it off.  Perhaps NOT the man of my dreams after all??  Who knows.

Sheyne, one of my friends has an autistic son. I am not just saying, it's true. Her name is Laurence, if that can make her sound any more real. She is lucky in that her boyfriend is still with her. But I think I can imagine what it is like for you.
Another friend, very close, adopted a child who turned out to be handicapped. She made a big problem out of it whereas it was alright for her husband. Now there are on their way to divorce.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the people I know, it has not been a problem for their close ones in their lives, but for themselves. You are perfectly right to talk openly about having an autistic child, and those for whom it proves too much are best left alone. So probably that one was not the man of your life after all.
My friend with the autistic child found support from everyone including her son's school teachers, but also from an association of parents who have the same experience. You might get to meet someone there? Someone for whom it would not prove too much.

Thanks for the thoughts. Although, I can't say enough how much Will's disability is NOT a problem for me. Its funny, people are always saying to me "must be tough", "I don't know how you do it" etc. The simple fact is: I've never known any differently. And it IS tough, but what parent would tell you differently?? Its a rough gig, if you're determined to do a good job, with or without a disability. And to Leighton's (man of my dreams... or maybe not) credit, he tried. But ultimately, trying was something he wasn't prepared to do for any great length of time. Mostly because Will was so time consuming for me and Leighton was a guy who liked a lot of attention.  (men, I swear.. lol) I don't resent him for deciding to break it off, but it still broke my heart.

I know I've got a great kid here. And I don't like telling people we meet that he has Autism, because they cease to see a rambunctious, happy, sweet and incredibly bright little boy and they start seeing a walking disability. Its frustrating. They automatically start cataloguing what he "can't" do and I'm just itching to yell at them "but look at what he CAN do!" Anyway..

On a lighter note, if you have gender issues, why not try girls?? NO, I am NOT on a self-promoting tour here, I was just thinking out loud. Yeah, I am some thinker, I know.
[/color]

Good god, Isabelle.  :o Don't let Ray hear you say that!!! lol..  He admitted Saturday night that he's on a mission to turn me gay. *in hoarse, dramatic whisper* Don't encourage him!!  :-X

;D
Chut up!

rtprod

In any case, the door is now closed.  I don't do relationships anymore.

Sheyne, not locked though I presume... 

rt

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Wow, Sheyne, I didn't know Ray had that idea too! I must really know you well then ;)

I did not mean "oh I imagine your son is a problem for you", I meant I can imagine what it is like if you are alone with a child, ANY child (I had that for a few years, and it's hard). And especially, I can imagine how hard it is to have OTHER people start seeing Will differently once they hear he has autism.
There HAS to be someone sensible enough and sensitive enough to be there WITH you if they love you, and all I'm saying is... yes, men do tend to need a lot of attention. That's why I was suggesting girls, you know, from experience, like  ;D... No offence boys!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:24:08 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
In any case, the door is now closed.  I don't do relationships anymore.

Sheyne, not locked though I presume... 

rt

Yeah, locked-ish.   :-\  And I threw away the key.  But you never know.  Maybe one day somebody will find it.

Isabelle, you are too cute.  I have been with girls before actually. And I still think very fondly of my female relationships. *hoarse whisper* In any case, don't tell Ray, he doesn't need any further encouragement!!

And I did know what you meant about Will. Kids aren't easy. God. I want to shake these idealist friends of mine who can't WAIT to have kids cause they've got these shiny beautiful fantasies of cuddles and Kodak moments; of driving the kids to soccer and luxuriating over a Sunday breakfast in bed with two perfectly groomed, well-mannered kids frolickly happily around the room and completing their oh-so-perfect vision of parenthood. And anyone who's been there knows the reality is jam packed with sleep-deprived bags under your eyes, kids diving head-first at the tray on the bed and knocking scalding coffee flying and upending the jam toast over the bedspread. LOL...

*sheyne takes sarcasm cap off*

;D
Chut up!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
I want to shake these idealist friends of mine who can't WAIT to have kids cause they've got these shiny beautiful fantasies of cuddles and Kodak moments; of driving the kids to soccer and luxuriating over a Sunday breakfast in bed with two perfectly groomed, well-mannered kids frolickly happily around the room and completing their oh-so-perfect vision of parenthood. And anyone who's been there knows the reality is jam packed with sleep-deprived bags under your eyes, kids diving head-first at the tray on the bed and knocking scalding coffee flying and upending the jam toast over the bedspread. LOL...

;D

LOL Sheyne! All I have to say is EXACTLY,  EXACTLY, and  EXACTLY  :laugh:

Yeah, my female relationships are those I think of most fondly too. Methinks it's a sign... ;)
" - I'm vegan now."