Author Topic: Superfabulous Rufus Wainwright: NY Times 6/4/07  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Superfabulous Rufus Wainwright: NY Times 6/4/07
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 04:38:36 pm »
I would have fell out dead to the world and missed it and been tranpled by the concert go-ers
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 05:24:59 pm »
On it there's a song called, "Rufus is a Tit Man," about tiny baby Rufus's focus on his mother's breasts and breastmilk.  It's a cute song.  But now, knowing that he is gay, I think of "Boys ought to watch football" and the like.  Was the song an effort to convince an infant he was something he wasn't?

Well, if attitudes toward breastfeeding have anything to do with sexual orientation, then both of my sons are gay. Today the subject of nursing came up somehow, and when they realized they had actually done that, they were like, "Eeewwwwww."

I told them that's just the price they pay for being mammals.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 05:10:36 am »
I first heard of Rufus Wainwright on the soundtrack of BBM.  Oh, my, what a song, The Maker Makes!  My ears perk up now whenever I hear his name.  And now to read about my beloved Jake and Rufus together.  How good does it get?

Happy birthday for yesterday Iristarr!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 05:14:23 am »
I first heard of Rufus via BBM too.  Previously I wasn't into that kind of sound but thru BBM radio I have been converted! I will get to see Rufus at the UK Glastonbury Festival in a couple of weeks.  Open air in the countryside - it will be a perfect setting.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 01:24:57 pm »
Does anyone know, is there a clip of the Rufus/Jake collaboration on U-tube or anywhere else? 
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.