Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74503 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2007, 05:18:56 am »
I'd love to join in next time .... but you'll have to let me know the Greenwich Mean time .... because I'm over here in sunny Nottingham.

Susie

We tend to post it in ET (which is eastern North America - basically, New York) and UTC (which is what they're calling GMT these days).

If anyone needs help figuring out what time that is in your local time, this is a great website: http://www.timeanddate.com/

If you're brain doesn't work that way, feel free to ask FRont-Ranger, she's co-mod of the Social Events Forum and a time zone calculating virtuosa!  :)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2007, 10:22:36 am »
The chat was very nice.  Lots of people showed up, although only two newbies made it: TOoP/Bruce and SmellyKellyJay.  Among other things, we talked about a New York get-together the weekend of October 13 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the story and maybe see Jake in a play.  8)

:POh Meryl
For at least a year I've been planning a trip to NYC, I'm hoping to go this fall. It would be absolutely LOVELY to be able to attend that weekend.....I have to explore my savings.....It's far from northen Sweden to NYC and expencive........
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2007, 10:31:50 am »
The chat was very nice.  Lots of people showed up, although only two newbies made it: TOoP/Bruce and SmellyKellyJay.  Among other things, we talked about a New York get-together the weekend of October 13 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the story and maybe see Jake in a play.  8)

I have been so hoping there would be another New York get together.  You can count me in on this one.  ;D
(I could probably help out too.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:37:49 am by Cameron »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:51 pm »
berit and Cameron, start saving up the cash, because I have a feeling that weekend is going to be a Brokie-fest.  October in New York is great:  crisp, cool weather and tons of stuff to do!  Add in the Brokies (and maybe Jake!), and you're going to want to be there.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Oh, I totally beleve the wanting to be there, but the cash... :-\....but I have some hope.... :P....maybe i win the lottery!!! :D
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2007, 12:07:14 am »
First-welcome refugees! I am so excited to see you all here and hope you feel as safe and sane and welcomed here as Wave One did last March.

If you want to be further overwhelmed, come visit the Alberta Bound mini-forum for Brokie temptation.

New York in October? Of course!

O0

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2007, 12:17:28 am »
First-welcome refugees! I am so excited to see you all here and hope you feel as safe and sane and welcomed here as Wave One did last March.

If you want to be further overwhelmed, come visit the Alberta Bound mini-forum for Brokie temptation.

New York in October? Of course!

O0

I wish I could go, RouxB. But I'm planning on attending next year if there is one.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2007, 04:20:34 am »
Mr. Ellemeno and I have started talking about this October in New York thing.  We think we and Mini-Meno may come.  Could there be a new thread started for that event?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2007, 05:10:03 am »
hee! Mini-meno!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2007, 05:41:40 am »
hee! Mini-meno!

Dear ndatmo-1 at IMDb named my daughter that.  Ndatmo was one of the Seven Pilgrims of the Aero.  She made each of us a fridge magnet.  The one I got was a close-up of the BetterMost bean cans - 6 weeks before I knew I was moving to BetterMost.  :)