Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 73942 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 03:00:22 pm »
I'm so glad you are all here!
I've missed some of you alot and look forward to getting to know the others!
It'll be a sweet life here, you'll see!
Somebody suggested I look here and here i've been ever since!
Welcome!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Hello to all of my good friends from IMDB!  I am glad to see so many of you made it here!

True_Oracle_of_Phoenix / Bruce

aka

CrowJumpin
Cowbot_x
GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40
The_Bar_in_Signal
Boot_in_the_Fire
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 03:16:30 pm »
:) Hello TOoP! Are you still in the process of moving? Have fun! (I never knew any of your other names--very interesting!) ;)

Thanks to everyone at Bettermost for the warm welcomes! Nice to know ya.
;D

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 03:32:23 pm »
Oh yes!

I will be continuing to pack and move all through this month...

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 05:09:13 pm »
Hi Gals and Guys!

It feels great to be here, I´m looking forward to hangin´ around, and I´d be very happy if we started a new Jack&Ennis thread.
A wave to Susie, Merrily, Gary, Littlewing, spiceylife, toycoon, Bruce, Clyde, Katherine, Malina, Daphne, and each and everyone of you!

I was blown away by your welcome, this is really a warm comforting fireplace, again, I´m happy to have moved on.

javascript:void(0);
Kiss
Dagi

Hi, there, Dagi!  I knew I missed someone!  Welcome in, Sweetie!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 05:15:44 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost Dagi and Bjblakeslee! I hope you both enjoy your new forum! I'm sure you will. Please send me a PM if you have any questions or comments. I'd be happy to help you and answer your questions.  :)

Littlewing, you've been around our parts for awhile now, but I haven't read very many posts from you lately, so I also welcome you to Bettermost.... err.... maybe more like a "REWELCOME" to Bettermost!  :D

Anyhow, a big warm welcome to everyone!!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2007, 05:27:31 pm »
ToOP!! I had no idea you were all those people! I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do remember some brilliant comments from GeorgeObliqueStroke... of course I don't remember what they were... but I do get the general impression of an aura of brilliance!

And thank you everyone for all the nice welcomes... and it's so good to see people I know and love... littlewing, daphne, toycoon, Susie, Shasta, Gary, Dagi... I'm probably leaving out a bunch but I am notoriously bad at enumerating... you see, the root 'num' as in 'number' makes me nervous and uncertain... seriously, last night my daughter actually convinced me I was a year older than I actually am! That's how numerically challenged...

And I have just realized there's something else perfectly elementary I don't know how to do. I wanted to "quote" ToOP's message and then write my own underneath it, but when I used the 'quote' function, my own message ended up looking like it was quoted too... it was in the square with the teeny tiny printing... so what I had done was just added to the quote, and posted that. I couldn't see anywhere else for me to type, though, after I had done the quoting. What is the correct way, please?

xo m.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 05:39:32 pm »
glad to see you all!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 05:42:32 pm »

And I have just realized there's something else perfectly elementary I don't know how to do. I wanted to "quote" ToOP's message and then write my own underneath it, but when I used the 'quote' function, my own message ended up looking like it was quoted too... it was in the square with the teeny tiny printing... so what I had done was just added to the quote, and posted that. I couldn't see anywhere else for me to type, though, after I had done the quoting. What is the correct way, please?

xo m.

Malina, I just sent you a PM about quoting messages. Please let me know if you didn't receive it, or if you have any other questions.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »
ToOP!! I had no idea you were all those people! I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do remember some brilliant comments from GeorgeObliqueStroke... of course I don't remember what they were... but I do get the general impression of an aura of brilliance!

And thank you everyone for all the nice welcomes... and it's so good to see people I know and love... littlewing, daphne, toycoon, Susie, Shasta, Gary, Dagi... I'm probably leaving out a bunch but I am notoriously bad at enumerating... you see, the root 'num' as in 'number' makes me nervous and uncertain... seriously, last night my daughter actually convinced me I was a year older than I actually am! That's how numerically challenged...

xo m.

Most of the other identities were "bumpers" to keep things from rolling off the back end every two weeks.  The majority of the work was done by Ogmallet and Northernplains.  I would pitch in when I had the time.  

CrowJumpin was a chance to play with an ascii art program I was trying out and to do something more interesting than just post "bump".  

TOoP evolved into the "archivist of lost but not forgotten threads".  I think people began to expect a TOoP post to be a "rerun" so I began to post afresh under Cowbot_X.

Cowbot_x was becoming the identity I was posting under more frequently until trolls got the account wiped.  

GeorgeObliqueStrokexr40 was friendly enough, but I never really gave him much of a personality,  since his reason for existance was his low quota making him a very good bumper.  

Boot in the Fire accidentally started a thread on Brokeback anagrams.  It was meant to be a TOoP post, but I forgot who I was.  

The Bar in Signal has a unique feature in that I never updated the IMDB format for that ID so I was able to use it to search through 250 thread titles on the board at a time letting me see quickly the whole board in 5 pages.  With the use of the search function, I could quickly find out if a lost thread had been deleted or if it was still active, but just lost.  The Bar in Signal is also a bumper with a low quota.

None of these names were meant to deceive anyone, just throw trolls off the track.  They were simply utilitarian identities to allow me to occasionally help Ogmallet and Northernplains bump threads when the traffic got heavy.  No pretence of the sort is needed on this board.

TOoP / Bruce