Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74528 times)

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 03:46:10 pm »
Hi Jenn!!!

I'm so happy to "see" you....  I've missed you (even though I've been a bit absent myself)....

:D

Anyway, hope to see you around these parts soon, ok?

luv,
Daphne
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 05:20:11 pm »
:) Jenn and Daphne -- Hello Friend-Girls!!! Glad to see you.

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 06:16:59 pm »
I actually think this forum is more manageable then other BBM forums which seem quite gigantic, i.e the comparison with Bettermost being a "city" and  IMDB's being a one lane highway.  At the least, it's always relaxing experience to come here.  My bloodpressue doesn't skyrocket here as it does on viewing some posts on IMDB.com.   

A welcome to all the newbies.   ;D

injest

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

hey ya'll...you are home now...if you see your friend online send them a pm and head to chat! It is open 24/7; you can pick a room and gab to your hearts content!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 08:37:29 pm »
Chowhound and Jenn, Welcome to BetterMost!  So glad to have you join your pals here.  We're excited about having new members who like to post, post, post!  Makes us get all verklempt.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 09:10:24 pm »
Clyde-B--That is a great simile. I love it. I'm a country girl at heart, so small town or big city---I have to find my way!! And I am enjoying getting to explore. Lots of fun!!  ;D

The strangest part is it's our little town that's overrun with crooks and muggers and the big city is where all the nice people live!  :laugh:

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:25 pm »

The strangest part is it's our little town that's overrun with crooks and muggers and the big city is where all the nice people live!  :laugh:

That's Sooo funny  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh .... and the compliment

Hey new folks - I musta missed most a ya in the "introduce yourself" thread. Wanted ta add my thanks fer your newness and your energy. Glad you made it here and I hope you find it worth stayin and takin up residence for a good long while.

:-*
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:14 pm »
Well being somewhat shy myself and still feeling like a relative newbie around here compared to some folks ( only 6 months or so) I've held back from adding my welcome.  But I can just hear friends like, Kelda, and Sheriff Roland and Jeff and Ellemeno and Janice and David and Jess and Kerry and others  tell me how silly that is so here is my little Welcome Aboard to all you new folks. 

I posted last year at IMDB and the trolls were so nasty that I stopped completely and just lurked.  So I know how you all must be feeling.   You are going to love it here.  This place and the people here are amazing and you are very welcome indeed.  If there is one thing I have learned in my time here is that there are no strangers on Bettermost only friends folks haven't met yet and the motto aught to be TAKE WHAT YOU NEED... LEAVE WHAT YOU CAN.

;D   ;D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:59 pm »
Hey new folks - I musta missed most a ya in the "introduce yourself" thread. Wanted ta add my thanks fer your newness and your energy. Glad you made it here and I hope you find it worth stayin and takin up residence for a good long while.

Thank you Sheriff Roland and Dot. We are all enjoying the warm welcomes! ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2007, 01:29:33 am »

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

Yeehaw!  Please do feel free to explore our chat system!  It's loads of fun. 

Just so you know too, we have two monthly big-chat days scheduled every month.  One on the 24th of every month (in celebration of Jack and Ennis's reunion date) and one that always corresponds with the Full Moon.  There will be lots of reminders on the banner and in threads in Social Events Forum leading up to a big-chat day.  These chats are usually free-wheeling in terms of topic, but are meant to be days when we can expect loads of BetterMostians to be dropping by chat to say "howdy."  So, any newcomers, please feel free to come on by these chats.

The best reminder whenever you stop by chat, is to keep your computer audio on!  There are lots of fun audio aspect to chat around here.
 ;D :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie