Author Topic: Phone-y stories  (Read 10249 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Phone-y stories
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 03:11:20 pm »
Three friends of mine from England were here visiting me recently (one of them is still here) and I took them up to Conner Prairie, a living history museum located on the north side of Indianapolis. As we were walking around the settlement, we noticed a woman dressed in a 1820's frontier costume, sitting in front of her cabin talking on her cell phone.   

She must have been taking her lunch break.  :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 11:17:05 pm »
My favorite cellphone story came from a guy named Charles from Chicago, who was a stall in the mensroom and heard someone in the next stall say, "Hello". Startled, he responded, "Hi". Which prompted the voice to say, "Any plans for tonight? "

That brought a quick, "Sorry, I'm busy", to which the voice next door responded, "I'll just have to call you back. Every time I ask you a question, the idiot in the next stall answers".

:laugh:
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 11:18:29 pm »
Would you believe a driving-school instructor talking on a phone while giving a lesson to a student driver? True according to CBS news who received a letter from Clyde in Los Angeles who saw it.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 12:02:37 am »
Read this today while surfing the web

A Funny Cell Phone Story

By MarcieMoo
Posted Monday, March 06, 2006 on Marcie's Blog
Discussion: Life Journals

I lose everything.

It's just who I am.

For instance, I recently lost my purse for about a week. Previous to that I lost my cell phone for about two weeks. I'm frequently losing cell phones and papers. I'm just horrible, frankly.

Well...last night we went through the cell phone thing again. I couldn't find it and couldn't find it. I was doing laundry down in the basement, so I took a break from my search to go put another load in. I emptied the dryer. Then I proceeded to empty the washer and put that load into the dryer. I got to the bottom of the wet clothes in the washer and what did I see? Oh...I bet you can't guess...

My CELL PHONE!

Yup. Right there at the bottom of the still-damp washer tub.

Of course it didn't power on. I chucked about ti because my contract is almost up and I'll be moving on anyway, but I was still a little sad because I was a doofus.

Anyway, I got back upstairs, I took the battery off and left the flip phone open, hoping it would dry out.

I came home from school today and put the battery back on, and wouldn't you know it? The thing fired right back up! I almost died laughing. It's really no worse for wear, except for a little condensation in the clock and the screen has some wet parts that look like cheetah spots.

I may be able to use it for the rest of my contract. My amazing swimming cell phone!:)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 01:15:28 pm »
Here's a story I first saw a couple of years ago and thought was funny. It's by a woman who got a new cell phone and somehow was assigned a phone number that used to belong to Chris Rock.

http://www.laurasnyctales.com/current/chris-rock.html

Now here's my cell phone story:

My husband is a writer who covers, among other things, a big cell phone company. So the company lent him a fancy expensive new cellphone to write about. It had a bunch of video games on it, so he gave it to my kids to test drive on a drive from Chicago to Minneapolis.

It was a hot summer day. We made a pit stop at a hotel. When my sons noticed the hotel pool, they asked at the front desk if they could take a quick dip. Sure, just 50 cents for towels! They didn't have bathing suits, so they just wore their shorts and plunged right in ...

:o

... You guessed it. My son had the fancy expensive phone in his pocket.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 01:42:41 pm »
Here's a story I first saw a couple of years ago and thought was funny. It's by a woman who got a new cell phone and somehow was assigned a phone number that used to belong to Chris Rock.

Thats a cool story!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 02:52:35 pm »

Loved the Chris Rock cell phone story  :laugh:

... You guessed it. My son had the fancy expensive phone in his pocket

Ooops. Did you get away with it or did you have to pay for the phone?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 04:37:24 pm »
I think my husband got his employer to pay for it. He wasn't very happy about making that request, though.  >:(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »

i loved that Chris Rock story....it was totally awsome.. funny omgosh

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Phunny car stories
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 11:24:53 am »
I was driving around Boulder, Colorado, with a friend and I was complaining that hybrid cars like mine are getting to be so common that I don't feel fashionable driving it anymore! As I came to a stop at the intersection, a silver Prius just like mine drove up on my left and turned in front of me. "See what I mean?" I groused. Just then ANOTHER silver Prius darted up on my right and turned in front of me. For a split second, there were silver Prii in three quadrants of the intersection! My friend and I laughed in dismay, shock, and delight at the invasion of the silver Prii!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"