Author Topic: My Brokeback Montage  (Read 5023 times)

EnnisDelMar

My Brokeback Montage
« on: April 27, 2006, 01:49:42 pm »
Hello everyone. I made this montage back in early February at the height of my Brokeback Fever, and I just want to give everyone the chance to see it. It's high quality and 10 mins long so it's a fairly large file..but please tell me what you all think ;D

Montage
http://rapidshare.de/files/12720041/bbmv_0001.wmv.html

Here are pics to assist you in downloading the file-
1. http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=ncy4vp
2. Wait 45-60 seconds for link and click it then..http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=ncy4qb
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:51:53 pm by EnnisDelMar »

rtprod

Re: My Brokeback Montage
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 03:08:28 pm »
I love this montage actually and have watched it several times.  What's great about it how it simplifies the story but doesn't lose the essence of the characters or plot.  It takes the narrative, reduces the wives' roles, eliminates my girlfriend (Cassie) altogether as well as Alma, Jr., and very effectively focuses on what we love the most--Jack and Ennis.  Interesting choice to incorporate the flashback in the closet scene. It's well edited and the score is nicely looped. 

In shortening, it loses nothing actually and contains the same feelings as the feature film, a bit more concentrated here of course and functions like an effective silent film.  Decades ago Hollywood used to actually shorten features in this way for 8mm distribution in the 60s and 70s, and didn't do half as careful a job as you have done here, Brandon.  It's really a lovingly done exercise, honoring the movie but giving it your own sort of context in eliminating some of the periphery. 

In short, this montage is a tribute to what Ang Lee and company have done, but additionally, one gets a real sense of the person who created it.   His heart was on his sleeve during the production, methinks, like most of us when we're in the company of our amazing film. 

I'm really impressed.  :D

Oh, with the montage as well.  teheh.   ;)

rt
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:22:53 pm by rtprod »

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
 :) Thanks much rt ;)

rtprod

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 03:43:04 pm »
When you think about the sheer number of montages, clips and versions that many like brandon and michael have done, it's a little bit awe-inspiring to think about what is underneath. 

It's obviously an homage to the film, in one sense.  Then on another hand, editing, assembling, watching and arranging are ways to spend time with and get even closer to the characters and story than those of us who just watch and feel might  And then even more to the point, it's a way to shape the story, to be an active participant in the saga of Jack and Ennis (much like we do posting here), to enshrine them with a personal touch that's all yours.  The heart and work people have put in is a tribute to the film but to the rest of us too, who choose to spend time watching montages about characters we care deeply for, made by people we feel things for as well.  So it's all upside. 

We could even find a way to arrange the material to even give them the happy ending they deserve.

You bet.  ;)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 11:32:30 pm »
bump

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:24:33 pm »
WOW!!!!!!!!!
Great Job!!! Liked the flashbacks in the Twists closet and before "I swear..." I often wish in the movie that just before Ennis says that they fade out to do several as yet unseen clips of their time together, perhaps ending with the very last moments together as they pick eachother up and walk to the truck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:45:40 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:05:48 pm »
I remember seeing this one on IMDB. It's so beautiful. Of course, it made me cry.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:05 pm »
Thanks again

Offline ProwlAmongUs

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Have a great day. . .
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:01:23 pm »
I love it. It's great!
Nightmares may be products of our subconscious, but dreams are magic windows through which we see our desired reality.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:03:37 am »
bump so i can download this at home...
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....