Author Topic: The "I am Sooo like Ennis" thread  (Read 45480 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
The "I am Sooo like Ennis" thread
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:03:26 am »
Here's the start of yet another lost thread from IMDb, for those who are so inclined to expose themselves!  :o HA!
And so begins the revival of the "I am Sooo like Ennis" thread
I am Sooo like Ennis in that I was raised at a time when being homophobic and homosexual at the same time was not unusual

Your turn -- How are YOU like Ennis?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:41:25 am by Phillip »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: roboy's "I am Sooo like Ennis"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:53:12 pm »
Ah c'mon, won't anybody post on this thread?  ???

I am Soo like Ennis, in that I am usually in charge of things in my life - and tend to seek security. I'm certainly not the wind - Just call me
Rocky  :D or
Stone Age Man?!?!
Mountain Man?
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:08:25 pm »
I am not very much like Ennis Del Mar; but, I have personally known guys who were "Sooo like Ennis."

But, I did go through a long period of being afraid of people could find out that I was not exclusively heterosexual and not even bisexual, really.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 07:12:17 pm »
I am sooo like Ennis that achieving true intimacy with my mate is very difficult for me, and I need to be guided to it to a very large extent.

Howzat?   :o
No more beans!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:07:38 pm »
I am sooo like Ennis that achieving true intimacy with my mate is very difficult for me, and I need to be guided to it to a very large extent.
Howzat?   :o

Beauty ednbarby! that was just fine. Now maybe a little "I am Sooo like Jack" would be more your cup'o tea? - just started that thread!

And TJ - what gives?!? Hunh?!?! you've posted more in the past 3 or 4 days than I have in the past month!! get with the program. This is the I am Sooo like Ennis thread and based on what you wrote, you definitively could have written it in the conventional form. IE:

I am Sooo like Ennis in that I did go through a long period of being afraid that people could find out that I was not exclusively heterosexual and not even bisexual, really.

Is that too presumptuous of me? - By the way - I don't want to discourage you from posting - on the contrary - You keep on keeping on. You're a great addition to our family.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:37:31 pm »
Beauty ednbarby! that was just fine. Now maybe a little "I am Sooo like Jack" would be more your cup'o tea? - just started that thread!

Actually, no, I think this is more my cup o' tea.  The more I think about it (and my husband reminds me), I am most like Ennis.  Jack is who I want to be like, but Ennis is who I really am.

I am sooo like Ennis in that I can make it on a couple of high-altitude fucks a year.  My imagination is all I truly need to keep myself warm at night.  Spent way too much of my childhood only being truly alive in my own inner world, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 08:26:44 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 08:55:13 pm »
I definitely relate/ identify with some aspects of Ennis... I'm most certainly a loner.  I increasingly like to be on my own and "independent."  I certainly don't think I'm burdened with as much "internalized homophobia" as Ennis.  But, I realize that I can be probably *too* cautious and circumspect about how and when I come out to people.  And, I've definitely had a hard time expressing myself to ex-girlfriends in the same way I see Ennis struggling to express his feelings to Jack.  I think this is why I'm such a Jack fan, I would love to be as self-assured and self-aware as Jack is, but again, I know that I'm more like Ennis in lots of ways.  In lots of ways I think Jack is braver than I am.
 ::) :-\

By the way,  this doesn't seem so "light" as in the "lighter side of the mountain."  But, it's a good topic.  Thanks Roland.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
By the way,  this doesn't seem so "light" as in the "lighter side of the mountain."  But, it's a good topic.  Thanks Roland.

This is the point I've tried to put across to Phillip from the beginning. My threads have more in common with each other, and less to do with games. Even the retitling to Lighter Side... still suffers from a subtitle that doesn't at all reflect the essence of these threads. As a matter of fact (figure of speach, of course) your new(?) thread dealing with "loveable subtle details" is more kin to these threads than the more popular threads on this forum. Anyways, as Phillip suggested in a PM, i think, this whole experiment in cyberspace is barely 3 months old and still trying to adjust to the new and ever changing realities of it's clientel. The members roster has increased by nearly 50% since I made the move here some 4 weeks ago. (there were 181 members then!) I believe the thread "Notice: Construction Season" is still a worthy place to posts one's thoughts on this subject, SO WHY am I going on & on here? ??? - silly me  ::) 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:48:08 pm by Roland »

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 04:39:22 am »
I am soooo like Ennis in that I tend to protect myself becuase I fear getting hurt and that if anyone ever knew the real me they wouldn't like me anymore. ::)

Offline YaadPyar

Re: The "I am Sooo like Ennis" thread
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 11:50:37 am »
I am so like Ennis that I can't think and feel at the same time.  Thinking and talking.  Or feeling.  But emotions and words don't connect well for me.  The things I feel most deeply are unutterable.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)