Author Topic: Question on a detail  (Read 10501 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Question on a detail
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 01:21:38 pm »

Thanks people.  I am very happy you found that for me.  I will send for one today..I highly recommend it to everyone..It will make you toss all your old can openers.  Either electric or hand operated ones.  Its for sure the best.  If you are worried that it wont match your fancy decor in your kitchen.  put it inside the cabinet somewhere...

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 01:35:20 pm »
All this can opener talk has got me remembering a very good pencil sharpener that we had in the house where I grew up. It was fastened to the wall above my dad's workbench in the basement. Of course it was a hand-crank pencil sharpener--and it put a better point on a pencil than any electric pencil sharpener I've ever used!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 02:16:30 pm »
 :laugh:

Seems my dumba$$ question was good for some things: I learned something, several people liked details of the pic or wallowed in memories, and Janice will get a new can opener. You never know what will come out of a thread on BetterMost  :laugh:.

(I remember your recent posts on Jack's clumsy can opening on Lee's thread. Everything ties together here, don't it?    ;))

Sure enough  :).

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 02:34:44 pm »
My question is: did Ennis get Alma that can opener so she could fix him some Bettermost Beans, and not make a mess like Jack did?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 02:59:09 pm »
My question is: did Ennis get Alma that can opener so she could fix him some Bettermost Beans, and not make a mess like Jack did?

;D My guess would be the can opener came with the house. He probably bought her the washboard so she wouldn't have to pound the laundry with a stick.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 03:02:27 pm »
;D My guess would be the can opener came with the house. He probably bought her the washboard so she wouldn't have to pound the laundry with a stick.  ;D
LOL, It's scary how great minds think alike! I thought the exact same thing!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 07:12:45 pm »
He probably bought her the washboard so she wouldn't have to pound the laundry with a stick.  ;D

Now there's a thoughtful husband for you!    :laugh:

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:22 pm »
I never noticed the can opener in the kitchen. The next time I watch the movie I am definitely going to look for it.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.