Author Topic: Stay Home.  (Read 40522 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: Stay Home.
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2006, 08:45:35 pm »
Again, no one suggested that illegal immigrants should be sent to jail or ship home.

sorry i haven't been on lately.  i lost track of the threads.  but i just wanted to point out that i did say something like this, not that i WANT this, but that this is what the government was trying to do with the bill that barely got knocked down recently.  they wanted to send illegal immigrants who have not been here for x amount of time back to their original country for x amount of time before allowing them back.  which if this would've passed, we know that 99% of the people that had to go through with this would not make it back here.

so i apologize if i caused any confusion!  i was just opposing what the government was trying to do, and i put it in blunt terms.

now i have catching up to do..
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2006, 11:51:47 pm »
Andrew, I was wondering where you guys were.  Seems the discussion came to a stand still on what could be done in the future, and no easy middle ground :).

Anyway I like the direction we are going.  When emotion does not run high, we could have a more peaceful discussion.  It’s also easier to see other side of the arguments this way.

And thanks for your work on PT archive  :)!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2006, 05:31:09 am »
Littledarlin, when are you? Have you just vanished into thin air?
Been reading your posts on immigration, and I agree with you 100%.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"