Author Topic: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??  (Read 55498 times)

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 03:20:20 am »
Happy 4th of July Friends

have a great day

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 05:27:33 am »

Nice to hear about your days. :)
Chuckie, that was a long day for Sophia and you. Glad to hear she now joined the DD club ;). Yeah, there are things a tourist has to do. :laugh:

I spend the day sweating. 40°C = 104F is not fun anymore. Still had to run some errands and do some cleaning, but totally ignored my laundry.
In the evening there were two parties: the kids/teenagers of the family had a fun time at my house and we grown-ups celebrated three 50th birthdays with a big party at the biker clubhouse. Lots of fun.
We came home at 2am - and the first to greet us was my youngest! :laugh: My lil' Oliver totally seized the opportunity since I hadn't given him a bedtime before leaving. ;D

Of course there were no fireworks whatsoever, but I still celebrated in style of the day. I made an Amercia-box  for my BIL. The one who is such a huge fan of the US. Filled with gifts I bought for him on my last two US trips.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:28 pm »
Of course there were no fireworks whatsoever, but I still celebrated in style of the day. I made an America-box  for my BIL. The one who is such a huge fan of the US. Filled with gifts I bought for him on my last two US trips.

Was it his birthday?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »
Cool box, Chrissi!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 12:39:45 am »
Was it his birthday?

Yes, he was one of the three people celebrating their 50th birthday. His actual birthday was already back in January while I was in NYC. He had asked for a newspaper from the exact date and totally happy when he got it now. :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 08:29:25 am »
He had asked for a newspaper from the exact date and totally happy when he got it now. :)

that's cool!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:35 am »

Yes, he was one of the three people celebrating their 50th birthday. His actual birthday was already back in January while I was in NYC. He had asked for a newspaper from the exact date and totally happy when he got it now. :)

I think it was very nice of you to do that for him. And I love the "USA box."  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2016, 12:13:12 pm »
I'm hoping to have a quiet Fourth. It's a long weekend but today, Saturday, is a workday for me, since I just got back from a vacation on Monday night. (Actually it was a working vacation, but very enjoyable.) Also, I had to take most of yesterday off to babysit as my daughter and her husband wanted to go see the big man come to town for the Conservative Summit. My life is such a farce!! I simply can not do a patriotic/political holiday this year. I'd be glad to spend it by myself, walking over to the park to see the fireworks and munching on some kimchi and BBQ'd Korean pork. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2016, 04:34:56 pm »
I'm thinking it's going to be a quiet fourth here as well.  No real plans made, just relaxing and keeping cool.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2018, 03:08:52 pm »
Reviving this old thread to see if anyone can come up with some cool ideas for the Fourth!
"chewing gum and duct tape"