Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175154 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2360 on: January 02, 2007, 11:42:21 am »
Breaks my heart, too.  I'd have loved to have heard him sing - my crushing on him most likely would have started there instead of in about January of last year.  I mean, I know he sort of sings in Brokeback, but he does it slightly off-key - I think on purpose.

I'm hopeful he'll do some for-real singing on SNL next week.  Or at least some of his impressions.  Whatever he does, I'm sure it'll be entertaining.
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2361 on: January 02, 2007, 11:47:02 am »
Jake snl january 13th be there

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2362 on: January 02, 2007, 10:34:21 pm »
Yes, amazingly enough, I think it was Heath and Jake and Ewan making the final cut for 'Christian' in Moulin Rouge.

I think the reason Jake did not get the part was because he was too young looking.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2363 on: January 03, 2007, 01:10:31 am »
ok, all the Gyllenhaalics should rally for Jake again if you please!  Hello! magazine is having a competition for "Grande Finale 2006 - Most Attractive Man" and Jakey is in 7th place!  Can you believe it??   :o :o :-\

Unfortunately they did not use such a great pic of him but nothin' we can do about that I guess.  But we can all vote, as often as possible, please!

here is the link:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/grand-finale2006/hombreatractivo.html?presentar=resultado&reciente=true&error=-2&reciente=true

you can vote once every 15 minutes, and it is not a long drawn out vote like it was for the MTV Awards, no siree Bob!  It is just one click of the mouse and he gets another vote, wait for 15 mins, one click of the mouse and he gets another vote, wait 15 mins, one click of the mouse and he gets.......  How many of us are able to pull a couple of all-nighters for this worthy cause?  :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:

This contest closes January 18th, but we have a lot of ground to make up.  We cannot leave this until the last week people!

Man your mouses ever'body!   ;) :D

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2364 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:52 am »
I'm sorry, but Hugh Laurie???  Great actor, but not one of the most attractive folks I've ever seen.
No more beans!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2365 on: January 03, 2007, 01:55:06 pm »
..........and where is Daniel Craig?  ???  Yes, I sure want Jake to come in first, he's the one and only obvious winner of this kind of vote  :P - but the runner-ups should be as worthy as possible! (No disrespect intended to the guys on the list though.......  ;) )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 02:01:52 pm by Mikaela »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2366 on: January 03, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
I was wondering where D.C. was, myself.  Don't get his omission at all.

No more beans!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2367 on: January 03, 2007, 03:05:04 pm »
I'd vote for Jake for just about anything, but, Hello? It's Hello! from Britain.

They love their Mr. Bean, I mean Sean Bean over there.  

Whoops, here he is:  better looking than Jake?  I think not.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2368 on: January 03, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
I voted for Jake. Not the best photos of the celebs. Jake with sunglasses?  Hugh Jackman's photo was  pretty good. 

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2369 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:17 pm »
Whoops, here he is:  better looking than Jake?  I think not.

The only possible explanation I can offer is that SB has quite a high profile on TV over here and was the titular hero in the long running 'Sharpe' series - playing one of those rugged, manly, heroic types. And playing Mellors in the Brit TV adaptation of 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' probably didn't hurt him either  ;).

I of course voted for Mr Jakey G  :P :P :P, but I can reveal that I am the only one amongst my girlfriends who fancies him. I know, it's shocking... ???
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!