Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3176025 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2410 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:46 pm »
Did everyone see the commercial of Jake for SNL? Gee, the joke was about him being gay. Isn't that clever?

Jake: Hi I'm Jake Gyllenhaal and I'm hosting SNL

SNL actor: says something about something

Jake: Oh? You know me?

SNL actor: Know you? I was you on Halloween (tosses back his fake blonde hair in a fey manner)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2411 on: January 11, 2007, 11:59:20 pm »
Did everyone see the commercial of Jake for SNL? Gee, the joke was about him being gay. Isn't that clever?

Guh. This is exactly what I was worried about when I heard he is hosting... I wonder how much say the hosts have in what skits get done? Without a doubt there will be a brokeback skit, if handled carefully it could be funny, but if handled like the MTV thing... which I will never ever get over.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2412 on: January 12, 2007, 02:33:12 am »
Guh. This is exactly what I was worried about when I heard he is hosting... I wonder how much say the hosts have in what skits get done? Without a doubt there will be a brokeback skit, if handled carefully it could be funny, but if handled like the MTV thing... which I will never ever get over.

Well personally I've decided to set my expectations VERY LOW given that it is SNL and we all know what THAT means in terms of comedy.  I was thinking that maybe it won't seem so bad if truly tasteless, crass and vulgar is what I'm expecting.  :-\  As my Mom use to say "Blessed are they who expect nothing for they are NEVER disappointed"  ;D  just remember it's all in good fun, no ones trying to belittle anyone or anything, except maybe Pres Bush  ::)  don't take it too seriously it's supposed to be satire and Jake's good at that remember...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 02:36:41 am by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2413 on: January 12, 2007, 04:59:27 am »
Did anyone see the Sopranos on A&E?  There was a special preview of Jake's new movie Zodiac. 

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2414 on: January 12, 2007, 08:56:59 am »

Ditto, that's why I'm going to avoid it all together and just read Chez's reviews later giving the show your thumbs up or down.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2415 on: January 12, 2007, 11:36:01 am »
Hmmm.... maybe there's a small blessing in disguise after all for us who can't see the SNL show live but have to wait for it to be posted somewhere online. By then we'll be forewarned about any poor taste BBM jokes.

I can't for the life of me remember what happened at the MTV awards, apart from JT trying to throw himself at Jake, - so I must have repressed that. But I think the most cringeworthy joke I can recall being made in either Jake's or Heath's presence was Lance Armstrong's tasteless "joke" about Jake liking it in the rear.  >:(  I suppose SNL might probably moving on the same level........

But SNL will hardly have more than one BBM skit, whether funny or not-so-funny, will they? So there is bound to be a lot of *other* Jake-y funny-crazy goodness.  :) Yeah - I'd still watch it live if I could, for sure.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2416 on: January 12, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
No matter what, I'll be watching and recording SNL. No matter how bad - or good - the skits are, at least we'll have Jake LIVE - and we haven't really had a good taste of him for at least a year, have we?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2417 on: January 12, 2007, 07:24:25 pm »
No matter what, I'll be watching and recording SNL. No matter how bad - or good - the skits are, at least we'll have Jake LIVE - and we haven't really had a good taste of him for at least a year, have we?

Thats a good point.  I miss seeing and hearing our beautiful Jakey.  And just think it will be live!  Im recording it as well.  wooeee!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2418 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:43 am »

Ditto that, my friend. No way would I miss it, not for the world. I mean, I've gone to movies just to see Zodiac previews, I think I can spend an hour and a half watching Jake live and goofy.

This will be the first time I've watched SNL in over a year  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2419 on: January 13, 2007, 12:47:37 am »
I have to admit I have not watched it since Peter Saargaard was on last winter so it's been a year for me too  ::)  I admit I just don't find it as amusing as I use to.  Oh well  gettin old I guess.
Life is not a dress rehearsal