Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175402 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5050 on: May 18, 2010, 09:37:11 am »
Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister Maggie have both been famous for most of the 21st century, but it seems we've been pronouncing their last name incorrectly this entire time. Or that's what Jake Gyllenhaal wants us to think.

In this interview promoting his new flick "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Gyllenhaal retains a completely straight face as he tells his interviewer that his last name is pronounced "Yil-en-HOO-luh-hay."

ITN reporter Nathaniel Lippiett gets Gyllenhaal's "Persia" costars Ben Kingsley and Gemma Arterton to take their turns trying to spell his name. While Kingsley comes close, Arterton spells it correctly. When told of Gyllenhaal's revelation about the name's pronunciation, Arterton jokes, "That doesn't really have the movie star ring."

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5051 on: May 18, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister Maggie have both been famous for most of the 21st century, but it seems we've been pronouncing their last name incorrectly this entire time. Or that's what Jake Gyllenhaal wants us to think.

In this interview promoting his new flick "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Gyllenhaal retains a completely straight face as he tells his interviewer that his last name is pronounced "Yil-en-HOO-luh-hay."

ITN reporter Nathaniel Lippiett gets Gyllenhaal's "Persia" costars Ben Kingsley and Gemma Arterton to take their turns trying to spell his name. While Kingsley comes close, Arterton spells it correctly. When told of Gyllenhaal's revelation about the name's pronunciation, Arterton jokes, "That doesn't really have the movie star ring."

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5052 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »
Sophia, me and an innocent bystander have just arrived home from seeing Prince of Persia. Here's our epic journey retold in pictures.

we set out in Sophia's carriage...

On the way to the theatre, we picked up an innocent bystander (she´s shy)

We traveled wide and far...

Until we reached our destination. Prince Dasdan himself showed us the way

We continued our journey on foot...

I recorded some of the marvelous things we encountered...
A waterfall...

A secret garden...

An ancient castle...

And then we reached our goal...the magical house of moving pictures...

Someone had set forward comfortable chairs for us weary travellers to rest in and so the real adventure began....

Afterwards all of us wanted to thank Prince Dasdan personally for his hospitality (and for saving the world of course)
Sophia had a long an rewarding conservation with the Prince. Among else, he gave her advice on how to make your hair look just the right amount of greasy. It´s a fine line after all.
Sophia and Dasdan sharing a candid moment

I spoke to him for a while, but his eyes drew me in and I leaned in for a kiss...however he wouldn't meet my gaze, clearly showing me he wasn't interested. Damn that stupid princess.

Oh well, tiredly we began our journey home after our adventure

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5053 on: May 19, 2010, 05:16:14 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it was a lovely evening

thank you for making it even better

:-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5054 on: May 20, 2010, 06:40:32 am »
Lovely report!

We're planning a trip to our 'magical house of moving pictures' as well this weekend. I showed my kids the trailer and asked them if they wanted to come with me. My youngest, who 's 11, said she wants to come only if the movie is not to scary. I think we'll be okay.

My husband looked at the movie poster on the cinema website and said 'that's Viggo Mortensen'.  ::) I told him to look again and then he realised 'That's Jack!'  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5055 on: May 20, 2010, 08:24:01 am »

My husband looked at the movie poster on the cinema website and said 'that's Viggo Mortensen'.  ::) I told him to look again and then he realised 'That's Jack!'  ;D
:laugh: :laugh: you´ve taught your husband well ;)

I don´t think your kids will find the movie scary. There are action scenes in it (a lot) but not of the "shield your eyes" kind.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5056 on: May 20, 2010, 09:34:09 am »
:laugh: :laugh: you´ve taught your husband well ;)

I don´t think your kids will find the movie scary. There are action scenes in it (a lot) but not of the "shield your eyes" kind.

Yeah, but did you enjoy it? Have you written a review somewhere else here? I'm curious as the reports I've seen have been.... shall we say, divided? 

No disrespect to Jake, but noone, as in NOONE, will ever carry off greasy long hair the way Viggo did in LotR.  :P  He set the standard once and for all. (I recently read an interview with Viggo saying he'd be up for a reprise of Aragorn in the upcoming Hobbit movies and I was all YayYayYay!!! But then the silly financing issues of MGM put those movies into development limbo, and Viggo isn't getting any younger...   :-\ )

Anyway. Keen to hear people's opinions on PoP.  :)

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5057 on: May 20, 2010, 02:36:06 pm »
I think its a difficult movie to review, because it had all the aliment that a action/Disney movie normally have. And all the characters act the way they so

pose to do.

Jake was hot handsome like he should. We had the funny minor character, and the evil guy and beautiful princess. And a lots of one liners.  

* spoiler alert*

and the movie ended well.  ;D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5058 on: May 20, 2010, 03:03:10 pm »
I'm just looking for some fun in this movie. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a movie I'd normally wouldn't watch, but you know, blame it all on Brokeback Mountain!  ;D

I hope it goes better than The Dark Knight, another movie that I would not be interested in. I found that movie too pretentious and not enough fun.

Prince of Persia didn't get good reviews in the press over here. One reviewer said there wasn't enough 'arabian nights magic' in it.  :-\
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5059 on: May 20, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »

So amazing you both  were able to meet Jake!

--and so great to travel to such a magical, far-off land--

--but to ME, the most amazingly exotic  thing is--

--seeing all those bicycles outside that adorable  cinema! Cool!

Where I go, it's a little bit crowded and dirty (ok, VERY crowded and disgustingly  dirty)--

--and PoP isn't out yet in New York! What's up with that??!   >:(

(Thanks for the tour Sophia and Monika--and I'm so jealous!  ::) )
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"