Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3138233 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5220 on: October 11, 2010, 06:20:19 pm »

Meryl was VERY brave, because Mr. Denby said NO photography. Thanks, Meryl!

(Now can you photoshop the photos and show the pecs'n'delts??)

:laugh:

Too a very brave women,  8)  a big Hurrah!!! I am very impressed.  I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5221 on: October 11, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »
I got my film developed, and here's what I got of Jake, David Denby and Ed Zwick at the interview.  Grainy, but a nice memento:

What great pics, you got. So close to him. I feel I can touch him. I am so jealous. Wish I was there with you.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5222 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:48 pm »
I have seen Jake once, but it was before Brokeback so I didn´t pay much attention. Can you believe it? :P
I was in london, just hanging about. As I approached Leicester Square I noticed a big crowd of people hanging around outside of the Odeon theathre. That usually means that there is a red carpet event going on so I approaced and discovered it was the night of the BAFTAS. I actually managed to make my way all the way to the fenced in area (where the actors walk into the theatre) and stood there and watched in the light rain. I only saw him from the side and back though.

This was in 2006 so he was there for Brokeback (something I didn´t reflect upon at the time).
And now here I am. Life is funny.

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #5223 on: October 12, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
What great pics, you got. So close to him. I feel I can touch him. I am so jealous. Wish I was there with you.

thanks for the pics.  I just wish he'd shave the beard.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5224 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16:34 pm »
• He accidentally offended the entire crew of Brokeback Mountain when he showed off his first “bad acting” attempt to play Jack Twist at age 40. “We did the first take and I was doing all this bad acting, like, limping around and my back was achy and I picked up this saddle and I grunted, and half of the crew was 40. They were like, ‘We’re 40. We’re not 80! We do more work than you do, you wimp actor.” Also, looking back on his performance, he really regrets the mustache, though he thinks it helped his acting. “It was hard to eat with that mustache,” he said. “Ultimately, it’s the pain that brings great performances.”

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/10/naked_director_photoshopped_ou.html

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5225 on: October 13, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »
Apparentely Jake is still in town. He´s been spotted at several restaurants, Morandis in west villiage, manhattan. Another place is Sun in bloom, Brooklyn. So a few more places Jake then we have a tour plan for a whole restaurant week in the footstep of you.  :) ;D

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5226 on: October 17, 2010, 06:57:18 am »
New pics of Jake attending the opening of New York´sfirst edible schoolyard (it´s part of a project that aims at teaching kids about organic food)
The benefactor of this Schoolyard, contributed to by Jake, is John Lyons, the president of production at Focus Features.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5227 on: October 17, 2010, 01:23:38 pm »
Dang,  :o  he's gorgeous in the 2nd pic.  Beard and all.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5228 on: October 17, 2010, 01:47:45 pm »
More gorgeous/funny pics from the same event as above

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5229 on: October 17, 2010, 01:50:54 pm »
dito