Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3136589 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5580 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:09 am »
From MSN Movies:

Gyllenhaal gets stitches after intense movie scene

Nov. 14, 2013, 4:56 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jake Gyllenhaal needed stitches after shooting an intense scene for his new film, "Nightcrawler."

A spokeswoman for Gyllenhaal says the 32-year-old actor returned to work Thursday for a final day of filming after a few hours in the emergency room.

Mara Buxbaum said Gyllenhaal was in character Wednesday when he hit a mirror, which unexpectedly broke and cut his hand. She said it was "badly cut up" and required "numerous stiches."

"Nightcrawler" is a crime drama also starring Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. The film is set for release next year.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5581 on: November 15, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »
From MSN Movies:

Gyllenhaal gets stitches after intense movie scene

Nov. 14, 2013, 4:56 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jake Gyllenhaal needed stitches after shooting an intense scene for his new film, "Nightcrawler."

A spokeswoman for Gyllenhaal says the 32-year-old actor returned to work Thursday for a final day of filming after a few hours in the emergency room.

Mara Buxbaum said Gyllenhaal was in character Wednesday when he hit a mirror, which unexpectedly broke and cut his hand. She said it was "badly cut up" and required "numerous stiches."

"Nightcrawler" is a crime drama also starring Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. The film is set for release next year.

I read that.  Luckily they said Jake was just intense for his scene, he wasn't really upset or angry.  Too much method in his acting.  :laugh:

Glad he's OK.

I wanted to go see "Prisoners", but it's just too intense.  It will have to be a rental for me.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5582 on: November 16, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »
I think you'll like it, it was a very good, but intense, movie

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5583 on: November 23, 2013, 04:12:48 pm »
Interview with Jake. Mostly about Prisoners, but around 14:00 they talk a bit about Brokeback.

The actual clip won't load on here  :( , so I just put the link here.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5584 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:04 am »

Happy birthday, Jake!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5585 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

Mini-Jake!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5586 on: December 19, 2013, 01:08:11 pm »

Mini-Jake!

Eeeek! Proof that unfortunate ducklings can become swans. ;)

I hope I won't get my Brokie-card revoked, but I had to look up how old he gets today. 33.

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5587 on: December 19, 2013, 06:18:25 pm »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5588 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:57 pm »
I hope I won't get my Brokie-card revoked, but I had to look up how old he gets today. 33.

Time he got married, settled down.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5589 on: January 11, 2014, 09:17:39 am »

Newly single Jake Gyllenhaal did his best to beat the bitter cold on Friday in New York City.

The hunky actor was spotted hopping on a subway wearing a camouflage jacket, khaki pants, gloves and a beanie while waiting for the local train.

It looks like he's been keeping up with this New Year's resolutions despite the freezing temperatures though!

He was seen carrying a Nike gym bag while walking through the Big Apple.

It was recently reported that the 33-year-old split from model girlfriend, Alyssa Miller, after just six months of dating.

"They fizzled out," a source close to the former couple told Us earlier this month. "It happened a while ago—before the holidays. He's back on the scene."

"Things were really good between Jake and Alyssa right up until he had to leave for L.A. to go shoot a movie [Nightcrawler] in the fall," a second source said. "Then the distance just really got to them."

The Hollywood hunk has been filming Nightcrawler in L.A. recently. During filming a few months ago, Gyllenhaal opened up to E! News about losing "somewhere around 20 pounds" for the role.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."