Author Topic: BBM "euro" bumper sticker  (Read 13038 times)

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
BBM "euro" bumper sticker
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:48:50 pm »
Hey brokies!

Anyone interested in getting some BBM bumper stickers made? I'm talkin' the white ovals with the black trim, featuing black initials inside, standing for a place name, country, or neighborhood. Our initials would be BBM, of course.

IMDB poster lauragigs suggested this in an old IMDB thread in March. I saw it a couple weeks ago, when visiting the "old country," and loved the idea. I found a website online where you can make these oval stickers, in small quantities. You can buy just one, for $4.95. I believe shipping is free. Price goes down the more you order. For example, if we order, say, 20 at a time, the price goes down to $2 per sticker. Pretty sweet.

I'm gonna make myself one, soon as I decide which of the endless possibilities of phrase combo and placement I want. If anyone is interested in going in on a sticker together, let me know. We'd have to reach a concensus of what we want, but we'd each pay less than doing our own. Or if people just want to make their own, here's the website.www.makestickers.com

You can customize the sticker in various ways. Add a little phrase to the rim of the oval -at the top, bottom, or both. Or insert a small phrase inside the oval, under the BBM. Here're some I like:

top/bottom: Jack Twist? Jack nasty!/Jack Nasty loves you!
top/bottom: what're you waitin' for cowboy, a matin' call/'Cause I didn't come here to fish
top:(Ol') Brokeback got me good. (with or without the "Ol'"; not sure which I like better)
top OR bottom: Brokeback native

SPECIAL NOTE: I'd love to find ndatmo, and get her permission to use her awesome Cowboy Ettiqutte line, one of my all-time favorites:
Objects in your sideview mirror may appear smaller,farther away and much sadder than you could ever imagine.
Does anyone know how to get a hold of her?

Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: BBM "euro" bumper sticker
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:23:52 pm »
Hooray! Keren you've found what we've been looking for! I remember way back in the old PT board when David Thomas suggested this bumpersticker thing too. I like the whole second row of International Style Stickers in the oval 4 x 6 kind. I think some of the ideas you have are great but are probably too wordy to fit in the space we have to use.

How about for the text, just "Brokies of the World Unite!"

or, I do like "Brokeback Got Me Good." (or got us good)

I love the ndatmo one, but it's so long. Janice is her name, anyone have a way to get in touch with Janice?

Where have all the brokies gone, long time passing..... 

Count me in tho! I'm impressed. I don't have a car anymore, but I'll take one.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:59:32 pm »
I'm in on this too :-)

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:19:04 am »
Keren, I love this idea, but I think I would want a plain BBM oval with no otehr words.  That seems "realer" to me.

I am PMing you with ndatmo's contact info.

Clarissa

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:49:06 am »
I like this idea, I'd go in on it!

I love Janice's quote, but I think if we are going for the ovals just plain BBM would work best...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:55:11 am »
On second thought, i just previewed one with Janice's quote in the lines of the oval and it looks really good...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 10:29:08 am »
Either sounds good to me.  Count me in on whatever y'all decide.

Oh, and check out these two I just had custom-made:

No more beans!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 11:20:12 am »
I don't have a car, but I am interested. Do you think I should just stick it to my ass and prance around?! :laugh: The sad this is I probably would! ::)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 11:43:23 am »
Hi Gang,

I actually bought a BBM euro-style bumper sticker on ebay for 4.95 about a month ago.
It had "Brokeback Mountain, Wyoming" in small print underneath, which I thought was unnecessary.

I agree with Elle, that a plain one with no wording would be best, more "authentic", and would cause a smile to those "in the know".

Paul

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 03:20:25 pm »
Hey kids! Thanks for the great response.

Actually, I agree. I like the plain BBM oval best.

I'll probably get myself a standard-type bumpersticker, in addition. With something on it. For those interested, we could do one of each. I pm'd Ndatmo at IMDB. If she gives us the go ahead, I might put that on it, or else some variation on the Jack Nasty thing. Wonder if I'd get arrested with a Jack Fuckin' Twist sticker on my car...? Hm....

So I guess I'll do a head count here....Who wants a plain BBM oval sticker? If you want more than one, please specify amount.

:laugh:  Whoowee! Yeah!  :laugh:
Jack Nasty loves you!