Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 53741 times)

injest

Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 01:16:19 am »
I was cranky most of the day.  Took a nap and woke up even crankier.  Ugh.  Went to see a friend, am much better now.  And am going to go to bed.  Been staying up too late.  I am grateful for so many aspects of BetterMost.  The Dave Cullen site is down, and I feel for those people, because I know what it's like when I can't get into my home here.  'Night.

good night, Clarissa

sweet dreams

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 01:16:58 am »
'

this from a woman nursing baby MICE!!

I found some baby mice one time..... ;D

but I didn't FEED them...*ahem*

*slips out the door quickly before anyone can ask what she DID do with them*

LOL---well, I wouldn't call nursing baby mice ---fun--- but I'll do it for a friend. It wasn't so magnanimous--I told her she was gonna owe me big time for this!! LOL  I do find myself feeling a little affection for the little helpless things and hoping that I find them alive each time I go to feed them.

Wading in the water is way more fun. I do it in my driveway when it rains!! What is it about bare feet splashing in water!? I think it brings out the "kid" which is always great!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 10:36:07 am »
Today I am going to go to lunch with my best friend. best RL friend. We are going to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I am looking forward to it.

Last night my mother called and told me she wanted me to take one of my nieces to lunch. Even picked out the restaurant! (didn't offer to pay for it).

I told her I already had plans.

and I don't feel guilty.

I am NOT a toy she can pull out when she wants to. That niece is seventeen and has not made an effort to even call me since she has been in town!

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 11:46:08 am »
I'd sure like to be 41 again, too.  :-\

I don't feel well today. Summer cold. ...  >:(

Throat started to get sore late yesterday afternoon. Woke up this morning with a congested nose and sinuses, feeling feverish, and, yes, the throat's still sore. Wonderful timing. I'm leaving for five nights in Provincetown, Massachusetts, early this coming Wednesday morning.

I've taken acetaminophen (don't feel feverish any more),  pseudoephedrine, and my daily fexofenadine for my allergies. Coffee helped, too--at least I made it to church. Taking zinc, too--in the past that's help mitigate the symptoms.

Goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation. ...  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 12:08:05 pm »
{{{{Poor Jeff}}}}

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 02:46:13 pm »
{{{{Poor Jeff}}}}

Thanks, Little Darlin'!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 04:21:45 pm »
Sorry to hear that Jeff, hope you have a great time in P-town.

I have a cat now. I didn;t want it, it just showed up. Beautiful tabbly with broad swirling strips, it cries all the time. I think its mother abandoned it with me. I have been refereing to it as crybaby. I don't know what to do, going to Alberta in a week and I don't want it killing my birds and chipmonks.

another GDBOAUS. Well, didn';t mean to bitch, there is another thread for that.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »

Jeff
        So sorry you feeling icky lil darlin.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Keep taking that stuff, and you will probably feel better by wednesday.  Hope so for sure.
     Truman 
        Don't you have a friend you can leave it with while you are gone?  How about the bf.  You kept his dog as i remember.  Seems like I remember something about it going down the stairs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:52:07 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2007, 05:02:01 pm »
I don't feel well today. Summer cold. ...

Sorry, Jeff. Hope you feel better soon. Why is it that summer colds are worse than winter ones? At least it seems like they are. Chicken soup and orange juice!!

Truman---I wish I could have that kitty. Hope you find someone to take care of it while you are gone. The vet's office probably has boarding facilities if you don't find a sitter.

Today I went and bought "New Born" which is a milk for kittens -- to feed to these orphan mice I'm sitting for; they don't seem to be thriving. This milk is supposed to be easy for them to digest. The info. I read said that regular milk is undigestible for mouslings. I wonder how long it takes for them to open their eyes? Right now they are "two blind mice".
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2007, 05:32:12 pm »
Jeff, Rusty wants you to feel better!