Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 53842 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 08:13:52 pm »
Jeff, Rusty wants you to feel better!

Thanks, Paul. It's amazing how much better you feel when the adrenaline starts pumpin', and Rusty can sure get the adrenaline pumpin'.  ;D

I guess I ought to say epinephrine instead of adrenaline.  ;D

Thanks, everyone! As soon as the throat stops hurting I know I'll feel a lot better. And the sea air on Cape Cod will do me good.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »
Jeff, hope you feel better real soon! :)

Shasta, I think the mice are real cute! :)

Today was a pretty good day.  Saw some family and drove around and went shopping, it was nice out but hot.
My thought for the day ::)  I think that I am starting to realize that I have to live for the day, instead of always worrying about tomorrow, kind of hard to do that though.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2007, 09:32:42 pm »

Thank you!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

Shasta, I think the mice are real cute! :)

Today was a pretty good day.  Saw some family and drove around and went shopping, it was nice out but hot.
My thought for the day ::)  I think that I am starting to realize that I have to live for the day, instead of always worrying about tomorrow, kind of hard to do that though.

Thanks, Cam. I resisted bringing them home--I am not a natural nurturer--but now I think they are cute, too, and I feel fond of them. (Isn't that silly?) I fed them at 8:00 and they were more active than their earlier feeding. They will be 5 days old tomorrow. Their "mom" called from FL and she was thrilled that they were still alive. She started making plans for when they are grown---I told her not to get the cart before the horse!! She needs to take your advice about live for the day. That's a good philosophy, by the way!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »
Jeff, I hope you're feeling better this evening.  Get lots of sleep tonight.  :-*

John Gallagher, Jenny and I tried out a new barbecue place today call Hill Country on West 26th Street.  That's the place for our next Brokie get-together!  You buy the (delicious!) barbecue by the pound, and they serve it in butcher paper.  The sides are plentiful and tasty, and it's a big place, too.  Here's their website: http://www.hillcountryny.com/home.php.  I think it's a franchise from the look of the place, but it's a mighty good one.  8)

I spent the rest of the afternoon looking for stuff for the Alberta trip.  Gawd, I still have so much to do before I leave on Saturday!  :P

Shasta, I'm glad to hear the mousies are hanging in there.  8)  Good luck with the cat, Truman!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 10:15:06 pm »
Their "mom" called from FL and she was thrilled that they were still alive. She started making plans for when they are grown---

Like what?  Starting a college fund?  Har har.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2007, 10:39:49 pm »
Like what?  Starting a college fund?  Har har.  :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She was talking about bringing them to her office so they could sit on her desk---in their cage, of course. LOL. (I didn't want her to get her hopes up because their survival is still iffy.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 12:00:47 am »
So I thought it would be cute to Google a picture of a mouse sitting at a little office desk.  I typed in "mouse desk."  What did page after page show me?  Duh...

Those mice you have are archaic remnants of an old non-technological world, Shasta.  I'm rooting for them even more now.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 12:04:19 am »
So I thought it would be cute to Google a picture of a mouse sitting at a little office desk.  I typed in "mouse desk."  What did page after page show me?  Duh...

Those mice you have are archaic remnants of an old non-technological world, Shasta.  I'm rooting for them even more now.  :)

LOL.

;D Thanks. I want the little rascals to make it too!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 12:12:34 am »
I had a really good day.  We didn't have any plans out, so stayed home, made a list of stuff that needed doing, agreed who would do what, and decided to tackle the list and just see how far we got.  So a little cleaning, then a game with the four year old.  A little decluttering, and then some drawing with the four year old.  More cleaning, and then all three of us danced in the nice freshly-cleaned living room (really clean for the first time in ages).

While that was going on, a friend with a club membership called and asked if we wanted to come swimming in the late afternoon.  Yeah!  So we did that.  Fuck, I got really envious.  I don't envy much as a rule, and have much to be grateful for, but this neighborhood private pool was huge and sparkly, and fabulous.  Mini-Meno and I had a wonderful time, but on the way home, I even talked with her about my envy (a condition she of course can relate to, since she is still young enough to sometimes still simply grab something out of someone's hands if she wants it.)  :)  It was good, she encouraged me to remember all I have to be grateful for, including love.  So I may not have a fancy swimming pool, but I do have a) a wonderful daughter already showing great values, b) a friend with a fancy pool (and a subsequent invitation for Wednesday), c) other nice, albeit public :) pools accessible to me, and d) a bazillion other wonderfulnesses.

(I'm still feeling that envy though, a very sucky feeling I'm glad I don't feel often.)

Now I'm sitting in the recliner, in the clean fresh peaceful living room, Mini-Meno tucked in bed asleep, on BetterMost on my fancy laptop, healthy, and grateful.  I am one lucky effin' person.  :)