Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 53732 times)

injest

Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2007, 09:38:26 pm »
Today he came home from Wisconsin,  :o see you later.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

have fun Truman!!

;)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »
Dear Diary,

Today I had little happy bits through the day.  I boldly introduced myself to a woman reading a French novel, and we now have a next date to speak French.  I took my husband the Simpsonphile on a mystery date to the Seattle Kwik-E-Mart and made him happy.  My daughter fell asleep on my lap in the recliner while reading together (that doesn't happen much anymore), and I savored it.  We bought a fan for the living room, and that made a difference.  I had a WONDERFUL time in chat just now. 

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2007, 12:57:27 am »

I would say that was a great and wondrous day Elle.  The fact that you noticed, that it s the little things, that mean the most..The noticing is the greatest gift we give ourselves, I believe.   Happy Anniversary to you our dear.

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 09:08:41 am »
What a great day yesterday, Clarissa!   How great to go up to a person and stat talking and make plans.
Real cool! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 02:55:31 pm »
After weeks of procrastination, I'm feeling proud because I completed one of my summer projects:  to recover the seats on our six kitchen chairs and the two bar stools.  They were originally some off-white fabric -- rather impractical, I know -- and were stained after a month.  Now they are a very forgiving black-and-tan checkered fabric (in a small design to eliminate any centering problem), and they look great! 

Oh, the things you can accomplish with a staple gun!

Marlene, I'm curious.  Never enough what?  What were they referencing?

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2007, 04:40:09 pm »
Fran, I have no idea, really.  I guess that's why I liked it.  I thought the pictures were vegatables, though now I am not sure, but I really don't know what is 'never enough' for them.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 06:14:57 pm »
Fran, I find your chair recovering story inspiring.  Thanks.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2007, 07:54:38 pm »
Well, my little orphan mice died--one last night and one today. I feel sad--they were really active Tuesday morning.  I was feeding them throughout the night and day at least every 3 hours for the past 5 days. Maybe a couple of times 2 hours and a couple of times 4. And I had newborn formula---it was for cats, but that's what the web suggested. It said they were almost impossible to raise--and these were orphaned before their eyes opened. Poor little things. My science teacher friend told me yesterday that the second one was going to die too, since his brother/sister died. So, kind of a bummer 2 days. I know, I know---they were MICE!!! But still, some of you  know what I mean.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 07:58:02 pm »
Aww Shasta, that is too bad, and sad. I know exactly what you mean, even though they were little tiny mice, they were still living things, with souls, I believe.  So sorry to read of this.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 08:04:19 pm »
Thank you, Cameron. I'm glad you get it.  
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~