Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 54241 times)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2007, 10:51:26 pm »
It looked like a bar, but I it was guess a restaurent, and yeah, just forget what I wrote, I can be really dumb and dense even if I have a whole bunch of degrees.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 11:14:52 pm »
It looked like a bar, but I it was guess a restaurent, and yeah, just forget what I wrote, I can be really dumb and dense even if I have a whole bunch of degrees.

LOL.

Maybe it means "Never enough time to spend seeing all the beauty you can see in nature."   ???

I'm watching "The Untouchables". AMC is showing it for its 20th anniversary!!! Can't believe it's been that long since I fell in love with that movie---Costner, De Niro, Connery, and especially Andy Garcia!!!! I loved the little guy with glasses too--can't remember his name. I like the music and the setting of Chicago in the early part of the 20th century. Very cool. (Violent, tho.) I don't think I'd want to live there then.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:38 pm »
Something good happened yesterday. I was sitting out on the steps waiting for my cousin to come by, and a hummingbird came two or three times to get nectar (I guess) from my butterfly bush. Here is the bush. I didn't get a picture of the bird---he was  big. One day, I'll park myself out there with the camera and try to catch him! Now I have martins, owls, hummingbirds, and several other birds around the house. Maybe because my cat has become elderly and not so apt to give chase. I also saw a bird shaped like a cardinal (the crown) but it was brownish with a little orange. Maybe it was a female cardinal? I don't know. Anyway, it's fun to see them. (I don't see the owls who live in a small stand of evergreen trees across the street, but I hear them hooting.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2007, 12:17:50 am »
Well, my little orphan mice died--one last night and one today. I feel sad--they were really active Tuesday morning.  I was feeding them throughout the night and day at least every 3 hours for the past 5 days. Maybe a couple of times 2 hours and a couple of times 4. And I had newborn formula---it was for cats, but that's what the web suggested. It said they were almost impossible to raise--and these were orphaned before their eyes opened. Poor little things. My science teacher friend told me yesterday that the second one was going to die too, since his brother/sister died. So, kind of a bummer 2 days. I know, I know---they were MICE!!! But still, some of you  know what I mean.

when I was about fourteen my cat caught a ground squirrel. I tried to take care of him. He lived for a week then died.

I still think about him.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2007, 12:22:14 am »
when I was about fourteen my cat caught a ground squirrel. I tried to take care of him. He lived for a week then died.

I still think about him.

These little creatures we share the planet with can really have an effect on us, huh, Jess?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:00 am »

These little creatures we share the planet with can really have an effect on us, huh, Jess?

yes they can

I am always a bit suspicious of someone that DOESN'T like animals..

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:10 am »
yes they can

I am always a bit suspicious of someone that DOESN'T like animals..

Me too. I once had a b/f who told me I needed to get rid of all my dogs except for one (I had 4 at the time). Notice I said "once"--he is no more. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32:37 am »
Me too. I once had a b/f who told me I needed to get rid of all my dogs except for one (I had 4 at the time). Notice I said "once"--he is no more. LOL

smart girl!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2007, 12:36:39 am »
I don't think he disliked animals, but he disliked the idea of having that many. No way I was giving away any of my dogs. They were all spayed and well taken care of, so it was best we not stay together, anyway. Too much philosophical difference. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2007, 10:17:01 am »
Shasta, I'm sorry to hear about the little mice.  If love and care were enough, I'm sure they'd have made it, but as you say, they must have needed a mama mouse.  :(

Marleen, I know how you feel about wanting to ignore all the stuff you need to do.  In the weeks leading up to the Alberta trip, I had a long list of stuff that I kind of skipped over.  Now I've got twice as much to do this week, and everything I cross off the list gets balanced out by something else I've had to add!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...