Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772860 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5650 on: June 30, 2008, 09:54:53 am »
Heath, I wish that you were alive, since I think that you would tell BRAVO off because they cut the BM film !

Anyone else thinks that too ?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5651 on: June 30, 2008, 11:49:29 am »
Good evening Heathens :)

From INT

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5652 on: June 30, 2008, 12:02:01 pm »
Roar interview 1997

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7EQnUz60c[/youtube]

Wow, you won't guess what just happened. I can't see the video here on BM, I don't even see that there IS a video, I guessed it from the replies. But when I quote Elle's post, I see the code. That happened before and has something to do with the securitiy set-ups on my laptop. I copied&pasted it into my browser's adress bar - and what happened?
I got a page with big red letters in Turkish, more Turkish text and then, in English, the fact that this site (youtube) is banned for Turkey! :o

No problem for me, I'll watch the video when I'm home again. But what do the Turkish people do?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5653 on: June 30, 2008, 12:18:59 pm »
Matilda -- Heath's Focus on the Set of TDK:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20209430,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent

Thankyou, that was such an uplifting article to read.I loved the bit about how such a gentle person could create such a monster.I also loved how he was so besotted with Matilda.I hope Michelle keeps articles like that one, so when Matilda is a bit older she will know how much her dad adored her.
I am saddened as always that we will be left with such a small body of work as Heath's legacy.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5654 on: June 30, 2008, 12:58:20 pm »
At least, Heath worked and excelled !! He did not kiss terror !

Even when he was afraid, Heath went ahead to protect society, giving us all clues on how to be safe !

Thanks Heath !

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5655 on: June 30, 2008, 01:59:36 pm »
Thankyou, that was such an uplifting article to read.I loved the bit about how such a gentle person could create such a monster.I also loved how he was so besotted with Matilda.I hope Michelle keeps articles like that one, so when Matilda is a bit older she will know how much her dad adored her.I am saddened as always that we will be left with such a small body of work as Heath's legacy.

:) Me, too, Optom3.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5656 on: June 30, 2008, 05:30:44 pm »
Matilda -- Heath's Focus on the Set of TDK:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20209430,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent

Shasta, this is wonderful, thank you SO much for posting it.  For those who can't follow the link, here's the text of the article.

Daughter Matilda Was Heath's Focus on The Dark Knight Set
By Brenda Rodriguez
Originally posted Monday June 30, 2008 08:25 AM EDT

Heath Ledger's maniacal twist on the Joker in The Dark Knight in no way resembled his true character off set ā€“ that of a proud father to his 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, his costars say.

"Because he died people want a dark story [that] he was so obsessed with the character, he was so contaminated by the Joker and he couldn't sleep and all of that stuff," said costar Gary Oldman, who plays Lt. Jim Gordon in the film, adding that wasn't the case.

"In between takes he would sit on the curbside and smoke a cigarette and laugh and talk about his daughter Matilda," added Oldman Sunday at the press day for the film. "I thought he was just a beautiful kid. I thought he was just wonderful. I had a real affection for him.

Ledger, who died in January, gushed about his daughter with actress Michelle Williams to costars on set.

"Heath showed me pictures of [Matilda] ... [he] would come in and say she did this and she did that," recalled Aaron Eckhart, who plays District Attorney Harvey Dent in the sequel out July 18.

But Ledger's other love on set was for his character, the Joker. Eckhart added: "He really created his look. That character ā€” Heath loved so much. He really cared about the Joker."

Director Christopher Nolan said he needed an actor who would be "truly fearless" for the role and Ledger was up for the challenge.

"[For] those who knew him and those who had the privilege of working with him, it's pretty amazing the disparity between the person he was and the monster that he created for us," Nolan said. "To see that being created from this very gentle person is a real testament to his skill as an actor."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5657 on: June 30, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »
Saw an ad on TV -- Access Hollywood is going to have a piece about Heath today -- I think it's at 6:00 Central time. They said interviews with cast members -- surely TDK.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5658 on: June 30, 2008, 07:04:02 pm »
Just read your post Shasta !

So, I missed it!

Do tell the result... please.

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5659 on: June 30, 2008, 07:05:16 pm »
from Parade Magazine, Sunday June 29, 2008

Christian Bale: No, listen, I want to talk about Heath. When you miss somebody, you want to speak about him. He was a unique character, a very infectious character. He was a good man, and I was glad to have spent time with him. He was somebody who Iā€™d been seeing on a daily basis for months.

I read this and admit that I couldn't help thinking of Jake Gyllenhaal's continued silence. I still don't understand that.

Of course, CB has no choice but to say something since he's continually being interviewed... But what he says is lovely and shows true class. Even going so far as to call Heath a kindred spirit.