Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772732 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5660 on: June 30, 2008, 07:08:48 pm »
I don't think that Jake G. wants to be harmed... and  he wants to remain safe for now !!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5661 on: June 30, 2008, 07:24:57 pm »

"[For] those who knew him and those who had the privilege of working with him, it's pretty amazing the disparity between the person he was and the monster that he created for us," Nolan said. "To see that being created from this very gentle person is a real testament to his skill as an actor."

I'm reading all the praise and superlatives and sweet little anecdotes and the awed movie reviews too - and feeling happy, and then I'm realizing we're actually witnessing the making of a movie legend or -myth in real time. Raising him up pedestal-high, not only as an actor but as a human being, where the horrid media circus back in late January/early February was intent on tearing him down and draggin him through the mud. Ultimately, and not too far into the future, the real Heath who had his good character traits and his less admirable ones, like all of us do, will be lost in the mist of the Heath Myth with its canon and conflicting tales and alternate "truths" and occasional "revelations".

I suppose it's unavoidable, and I'd rather have this than have him forgotten, but first and foremost: How I wish it hadn't been, hadn't been him at all!  :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5662 on: June 30, 2008, 07:27:52 pm »
Access Hollywood spoke to Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and 2 other people. Of course, they all said complimentary things. Bale said he wished he'd been able to know Heath for a much longer time.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5663 on: June 30, 2008, 07:38:05 pm »
I read this and admit that I couldn't help thinking of Jake Gyllenhaal's continued silence. I still don't understand that.

Of course, CB has no choice but to say something since he's continually being interviewed... But what he says is lovely and shows true class. Even going so far as to call Heath a kindred spirit.

I'm pretty sure Jake will say something when he starts promoting "Brothers".

Christian Bale seems to respect Heath. :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5664 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:27 pm »
Sorry this is so small, I couldn't find a bigger one.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5665 on: June 30, 2008, 08:02:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure Jake will say something when he starts promoting "Brothers".
I'm sure he probably will - he'll not have much of a choice then. Unless he manages to make it a specific condition of being interviewed that they don't ask about it. But by then, if he says something, it will seem to many to be too little, too late, I would imagine.

Elle, is that a recent cover or is it from back in 2006? I'd guess 2006, given the others on the cover and the image they use of Heath. It's strange now that the Joker is his "icon", and not Ennis anymore.

Except to us.  :'( :-*

Offline optom3

« Reply #5666 on: June 30, 2008, 08:05:04 pm »
Access Hollywood spoke to Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and 2 other people. Of course, they all said complimentary things. Bale said he wished he'd been able to know Heath for a much longer time.

I could not help but notice that Maggie Gyllenhaal was beaming when asked about Heath.There had been a bit of an introduction, mentioning how her brother had worked with him in BBM and was Matilda's God father.But nothing concrete from Maggie.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5667 on: June 30, 2008, 08:08:42 pm »
The Gyllenhaals are wonderful souls !

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5668 on: June 30, 2008, 08:27:07 pm »

Elle, is that a recent cover or is it from back in 2006? I'd guess 2006, given the others on the cover and the image they use of Heath. It's strange now that the Joker is his "icon", and not Ennis anymore.

Dunno.  I just found it while trying to determine if the fellow freshly posted on the Michelle Michelle Michelle thread is Trevor DiCarlo or Nathan Buckey.  :)  That search was inconclusive, but I did find the mini-Ennis magazine cover.

I say don't worry too much about Heath's icon, I feel sure that Ennis will stand the test of time.  :-*

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5669 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:16 pm »
I could not help but notice that Maggie Gyllenhaal was beaming when asked about Heath.There had been a bit of an introduction, mentioning how her brother had worked with him in BBM and was Matilda's God father.But nothing concrete from Maggie.

Beaming? It seems the whole cast respected him.