Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772614 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5720 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:25 am »
Thanks, Mikaela, you're right about the spoiler factor.  If Leslie is in agreement, I would like to request that HHH posters refrain from posting details of the plot of TDK in this thread, whether they've seen the movie or not.

There is a thread started by Elle here in the Heath Remembrance Forum that allows spoilers, so you can post them there and refer us to that thread in your posts in HHH.

The thread started by BelAir in the Culture Tent seems to have no definite policy on spoilers yet.  Am I right, BelAir? (Thanks for the WB, BTW)  :)

After the movie has been open for some time in Europe as well as in the US, then we can lift the ban on spoilers.

P.S. - Mika, congratulations on reaching 2000 posts!  Check out the 1000+ Posts thread for your official congrats.  8)

Hi Meryl,

Yep, the spoiler issue hasn't come up in the Culture Tent thread...  my own 2 cents on that thread (granted we're not there right now, but anyhoo, since it was brought up) would be that spoilers are fine as long as a warning is posted at the top of the message...  but would of course defer to the mods, don't feel particular "ownership" just b/c I started the thread...

fwiw, i think it is also fine to have a place without spoilers, and it seems more logical for that to be here, than in the Culture Tent per se...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5721 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:13 am »
Welcome back, Chrissi. Guess we've got some Heathy goodness to look forward to again, now you're back in business!  :)

Someone gave me the Batman Begins DVD some time back and I'm thinking that in the course of this week I really should 8re9watch it. Just to get back into the full swing and backstory of the particular version of Gotham/batville that the Joker soon will be inhabiting on a screen near me...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5722 on: July 08, 2008, 03:05:29 pm »
Those are wonderful, Spicey!

Didn't you get to meet Heath? And I think you got his autograph...If my memory serves me correctly, will you repeat the details of that story? I think you were truly blessed to be able to see him in person.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5723 on: July 08, 2008, 03:09:26 pm »
Hey Spicey, that's a great set of pictures you posted! :)

Thanks for the WB Leslie, Mikaela and Fiona :-*.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5724 on: July 08, 2008, 03:20:45 pm »
Thanks so much for making me realize what WB means!! (I've been thinking Warner Brothers... huh?  ??? )

Your very welcome for the WB.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5725 on: July 08, 2008, 03:57:28 pm »
Thanks so much for making me realize what WB means!! (I've been thinking Warner Brothers... huh?  ??? )

:laugh:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5726 on: July 08, 2008, 07:14:14 pm »
I stopped by the IMAX here in NY today and bought tickets for The Dark Knight.  Most of the opening weekend was already sold out, so I bought tickets for John Gallagher and me on Monday the 21st at 2:00.  Less than two weeks!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5727 on: July 08, 2008, 07:48:05 pm »
Sounds great, Meryl.  :)

I was at the movies yesterday, Sex and the City (weird film - so shallow and brimming with product placement and so cinderella-tale-fake, and yet I enjoyed myself immensely and so did my friends. But we got brainwashed into wanting really high-heeled shoes.)  ::)  Anyway, I asked at the ticket stand when advance tickets for TDK would be going on sale, and the girl looked at me blankly like *duh*. She clearly hadn't heard of the film, and told me they had no information about upcoming films or advance sales.  ::) ::) ::)

I clearly live in the back of beyond with nothing but clueless, undiscerning hicks around!!  >:( Thank God I'm going to the EuroBrokie TDK event!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5728 on: July 08, 2008, 09:35:24 pm »
I stopped by the IMAX here in NY today and bought tickets for The Dark Knight.  Most of the opening weekend was already sold out, so I bought tickets for John Gallagher and me on Monday the 21st at 2:00.  Less than two weeks!  8)

:)

I am pleased to hear "most already sold out" and I am glad I am not the only one buying tickets in advance!!

I wonder if there is any "news" stuff on predicted ticket sales and what not...

Granted I live across the ocean, but Mikaela, I am curious when the EuroBrokie TDK event is?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5729 on: July 08, 2008, 11:04:13 pm »
You are braver than me, all my family except me are off to see it.I just know I would embarass them all by crying.The boys in particular are excited beyond words,they are counting down the days. I used to love 10 things I hate, yet since January, even watching that makes me cry.

Aren't your younger two really young?  Can they handle terror like that?  For that matter, can I, I wonder?