Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772891 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5900 on: July 18, 2008, 03:51:22 am »
For all Heathens who hesitate to go over to the Remembrance Forum, there's a must read posted over there by Meryl:

Heath Ledger, You Got Us Good (click to read)

Although it's in the TDK thread, it is mostly about Heath and his performance as Ennis.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5901 on: July 18, 2008, 03:54:35 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

With Joaquin Phoenix at the SAG awards 2006

]

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5902 on: July 18, 2008, 05:02:22 am »
Those are beautiful, Chrissi.  I thought it would be fun to juxtapose this one of the two of them here:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5903 on: July 18, 2008, 05:16:22 am »
Those are beautiful, Chrissi.  I thought it would be fun to juxtapose this one of the two of them here:

;D  :)

Good idea to juxtapose this pic!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5904 on: July 18, 2008, 06:07:43 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

With Joaquin Phoenix at the SAG awards 2006

Here's a fun coincidence - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,462.msg388137.html#msg388137

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5905 on: July 18, 2008, 06:35:10 am »
I'm watching the E! thing on Heath again, this time on YouTube - thank you again, whiskeyspring! - and a few things that catch my eye:

Heath whistling "If I Only Had a Heart" (on pitch, not an easy song) while wearing his Knight's Tale armor, saying he's the Tinman from Wizard of Oz.

Naomi Watts saying about her role in Ned Kelly, "It was a very small part for me [she was a fairly big star back then], and I did it to go home to Australia, and [looks away] to work with that cast."  Made me wonder if she took the part to be near Heath, before they got together.

A film clip of him sitting up on Brokeback with the two blue heelers, totally massaging the closer dog's head and neck, attentive to see if the dog was enjoying it.  

During the "you look at death differently once you're a parent" interview, the I'm Not There poster behind him is deliberately blurred.  I wasn't certain at first, til a moment when his elbow goes in front of the poster, an then his elbow is blurred too.  I wonder why.

The juxtaposition of four quotes - two things he says in separate interviews, (these are not verbatim, but from my memory) "I feel like my whole life is leading up to this moment"  and "I don't regret anything, because if you change any one thing in the past, I wouldn't be where I am now," and the juxtaposition of two things said about him, "He was present in the moment" and "he was ready to move to the next thing."  The basic way of life those all describe is actually incredibly evolved.

Annie Proulx, "I think Heath Ledger should change his last name to "Legend," he's extraordinary."  I don't think she's usually given to hyperbole, do you?  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5906 on: July 18, 2008, 06:36:21 am »
The person who posted The E! thing on YouTube also posted the History Channel thing Meryl mentioned.  Here's part 1:

Batman Unmasked - The Psychology Of The Dark Knight Part 1
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRtTW81BWg[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5907 on: July 18, 2008, 06:45:36 am »
A film clip of him sitting up on Brokeback with the two blue heelers, totally massaging the closer dog's head and neck, attentive to see if the dog was enjoying it.  

I remember finding this pretty cute.
...for he loved a little dog.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5908 on: July 18, 2008, 10:33:09 am »
hi guys,

I have posted some comments about TDK on some other threads, but wanted to share a few comments here re: the violence of the movie. 

First of all, there is no blood.  There is lots of death by explosion - i.e. you see things get blown up and know/assume people are inside.  There is also death by stabbing.  But you don't see the blood or 'the knife going in.'  I was worried enough that I MIGHT see something that I thought about having my hands on my face so I could cover my eyes at a moment's notice (never actually had to).  There is lots of gunfire too.  But still no blood. 

There are some VERY VERY chilling scenes, imo.

As a comparison with the Bourne movies, I think the level of what you see is similar.  But it's much more dark in TDK...  And in Bourne, it's mostly violence against bad people, and that's not the case in TDK.

Hopefully, that helps all who have questions, and doesn't give away too much. 

Let me know if you guys want clarification or think I'm giving away too much in the post.

PS - There were people in the theater that would laugh when one bad guy shot another bad guy...  WTF?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5909 on: July 18, 2008, 11:02:24 am »
I'm watching the E! thing on Heath again, this time on YouTube - thank you again, whiskeyspring! - and a few things that catch my eye:

Heath whistling "If I Only Had a Heart" (on pitch, not an easy song) while wearing his Knight's Tale armor, saying he's the Tinman from Wizard of Oz.

Naomi Watts saying about her role in Ned Kelly, "It was a very small part for me [she was a fairly big star back then], and I did it to go home to Australia, and [looks away] to work with that cast."  Made me wonder if she took the part to be near Heath, before they got together.

During the "you look at death differently once you're a parent" interview, the I'm Not There poster behind him is deliberately blurred.  I wasn't certain at first, til a moment when his elbow goes in front of the poster, an then his elbow is blurred too.  I wonder why.

The juxtaposition of four quotes - two things he says in separate interviews, (these are not verbatim, but from my memory) "I feel like my whole life is leading up to this moment"  and "I don't regret anything, because if you change any one thing in the past, I wouldn't be where I am now," and the juxtaposition of two things said about him, "He was present in the moment" and "he was ready to move to the next thing."  The basic way of life those all describe is actually incredibly evolved.

Annie Proulx, "I think Heath Ledger should change his last name to "Legend," he's extraordinary."  I don't think she's usually given to hyperbole, do you?  :)

Very perceptive post, Elle, as always!  I got a chill during that speech about looking at death differently once you're a parent.  Clearly someone else did, too, hence the blurred "I'm Not There."  Good catch.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...