Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3771808 times)

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5980 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03:15 pm »
33 seconds of "Joker getting into character." Interesting.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseJN3jJpCo&feature=related[/youtube]

Whoa, this was really cool. You can see how he's trying to make even every little step perfect. Amazing.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5981 on: July 25, 2008, 07:49:14 pm »
Whoa, this was really cool. You can see how he's trying to make even every little step perfect. Amazing.

That was really interesting!!  I wish I could see similar footage of Heath getting into the Ennis character.  In this one he seems to be trying to create the sort of "spastic" energy that the Joker has throughout the movie.  And, for Ennis I can imagine it would have been a really difficult effort at trying to become as mellow or introverted as possible and to really reign in any excess energy to become sort of tightly-wound in Ennis's way.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5982 on: July 25, 2008, 10:31:12 pm »
That was really interesting!!  I wish I could see similar footage of Heath getting into the Ennis character.  In this one he seems to be trying to create the sort of "spastic" energy that the Joker has throughout the movie.  And, for Ennis I can imagine it would have been a really difficult effort at trying to become as mellow or introverted as possible and to really reign in any excess energy to become sort of tightly-wound in Ennis's way.

I know Heath was superb as the joker, but I can't help but feel it was maybe an easier part for him.He naturally had so much barely contained energy,I am not surprised when he said it was the most fun he had, or probably would ever have playing a part.It probably seemed like a massive relief ,just to let it all out and run with it.
The role of Ennis is so counter Heaths' personality, with retrospect, it must have been an extraordinarily difficult part for him. To have to continually rein in all that manic energy which he had in abundance.
The more I think about it, the more I feel it is still his defining role.So I am in full agreement with you.I suspect for Heath even small things like keeping his hands still, as Ennis must have been a constant battle.Probably the only scene which was like Heaths natural personality type, is when he is pacing around, up and down drinking, waiting for Jacks arrival.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #5983 on: July 26, 2008, 12:40:34 am »
Heath had said in an interview that his role in The Brothers Grimm was the most like his own personality — with the fidgety mannerisms that character had and all. 
(I don't quite remember when that interview was. I don't know if it pre-dated Brokeback, but it definitely pre-dated his work in Dark Knight by a couple of years.)

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
« Reply #5984 on: July 26, 2008, 01:46:27 am »

Very true.  The only "footage" from BBM that comes to mind are those pictures of him chilling out with the iPod.  I guess maybe he just secluded himself a lot even while on the set and withdrew into his own world.  I agree with optom also, it makes his performance even more  impressive knowing just how different it was from his true state of being.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5985 on: July 26, 2008, 03:12:41 am »
Very true.  The only "footage" from BBM that comes to mind are those pictures of him chilling out with the iPod.  I guess maybe he just secluded himself a lot even while on the set and withdrew into his own world.  I agree with optom also, it makes his performance even more  impressive knowing just how different it was from his true state of being.

I love those iPod photos, there's a beautiful quality to the light in them, and obviously a beautiful quality to the subject matter.  :)  Anybody have one or two of them at their fingertips to post here?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5986 on: July 26, 2008, 04:57:12 am »
Have a good weekend Heathens :)

I love those iPod photos, there's a beautiful quality to the light in them, and obviously a beautiful quality to the subject matter.  :)  Anybody have one or two of them at their fingertips to post here?

Your wish is my command :-*

(I just love the one above. It's my favorite of this set of photos)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5987 on: July 26, 2008, 04:58:14 am »

Offline optom3

« Reply #5988 on: July 26, 2008, 09:57:13 am »
A lovely set of pictures to brighten the weekend, thankyou so much.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5989 on: July 26, 2008, 10:01:34 am »
Those are good, thanks Chrissi!!  :-*