Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3771920 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5990 on: July 26, 2008, 01:38:54 pm »
Have a good weekend Heathens :)

Your wish is my command :-*

Thanks Chrissi!  These are all really great.  I don't recall having seen these before myself.  I love this one because he has such an "Ennis face" on... with the furrowed brow and everything.

Do I recall reading somewhere or hearing somewhere in an interview with some co-star or another that his iPod has become something of a memorial to Heath, with the songs being circulated amongst friends, etc.?  Or did I dream that?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:38:57 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5991 on: July 26, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »
Thanks Chrissi!  These are all really great.  I don't recall having seen these before myself.  I love this one because he has such and "Ennis face" on... with the furrowed brow and everything.

Do I recall reading somewhere or hearing somewhere in an interview with some co-star or another that his iPod has become something of a memorial to Heath, with the songs being circulated amongst friends, etc.?  Or did I dream that?

I read the same thing.Apparantly it has quite an ecclectic mix on it, and was passed round from friend to friend.Now I am going to have to go and search the brain cells to remember whereI read it.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5992 on: July 26, 2008, 02:03:31 pm »
I read the same thing.Apparantly it has quite an ecclectic mix on it, and was passed round from friend to friend.Now I am going to have to go and search the brain cells to remember whereI read it.

Here y'go:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16555.msg388093.html#msg388093

:)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5993 on: July 26, 2008, 03:40:36 pm »

Thanks High Priestess! 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5994 on: July 26, 2008, 04:10:13 pm »
And that's a thanks from me as well !!!!
Not only had I read it before, I had even posted on it, and still could not remember.Oh the joys of memory failureand old age.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5995 on: July 27, 2008, 03:10:12 am »
Penthesilea,
Thank you very much for that set of pics of Heath/Ennis. I will treasure them.

Thank you all for all the pics and news that you keep on posting.
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5996 on: July 27, 2008, 05:36:42 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

thank y'all for you comments :-*
Too bad todays pic is so small. It's so darned cute I'd like to have a bigger version. Maybe one of you has it in a better resolution?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5997 on: July 27, 2008, 12:35:13 pm »
Spiceylife, those are fantastic.  Please keep a-postin' any time you want to.  You don't say much, usually, but when you do... 

Thank you so much.

:)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5998 on: July 27, 2008, 01:30:45 pm »
Sorry for the mass photo post!

You're sorry?! You've made my day big way! :-*
BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5999 on: July 27, 2008, 04:19:18 pm »
From http://will-porter.livejournal.com/213052.html

Director Terry Gilliam, now in post-production on THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS, Heath Ledger's final film, was interviewed recently at the Ischia Film Festival. Gilliam had high praise for Ledger, calling him "a genius." He also complimented the three actors--Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell--who stepped in to complete Ledger's role in PARNASSUS after his untimely death last January:

TERRY GILLIAM: The great thing about it is that when Heath died, and we have a character that wasn't finished in the movie, those three actors [Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell] came along and saved the day. And so the character is now basically four actors creating one character. And that's . . . it's very interesting, and maybe even more interesting than it would have been with one actor going all the way through. I'm still not the best judge, because I have in my head what the film was going to be with Heath all the way through, and now there's a different film there. But all I know is, it's very funny.

Gilliam sounded proud of his film and genuinely awed by the generosity of the actors who came forward to save the picture and ensure its completion. Despite their high profiles, Depp, Law, and Farrell took no compensation for their work; instead, they donated their salaries to Heath Ledger's two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

TERRY GILLIAM: The three actors were totally heroic coming in. This doesn't happen very often . . . where there's a tragedy like this, and very famous, very successful actors suddenly say, "Okay, we'll do whatever it takes to help." They came; they did the work; they allowed the movie to be finished; they didn't take money--the money goes to Heath's daughter. That's extraordinary! And wonderful . . . and when you're part of that, you think, "Ah, this is maybe why I went into the movies, in the beginning. I thought it would be full of wonderful people. And in our case, we've got a movie full of wonderful people, who did extraordinary things to help."