Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772795 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6100 on: August 07, 2008, 12:58:15 am »
This is a brand new picture to me.Do you where it was takem, it looks like a European bar.Love it of course.

Nope, not Europe. It's the Gemma at Bowery Hotel in NYC and it's from September last year.
Wireimage captioned this pic with :Heath Ledger attends the Another Magazine dinner on September 9, 2007 at Gemma at the Bowery...

Google helpled me out with Gemma and Bowery Hotel; I'm not *that* informed about the NYC party-scene, lol ;) :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6101 on: August 07, 2008, 01:04:15 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6102 on: August 07, 2008, 11:02:26 am »
Here's a precious tidbit, something Diana Ossana said at the LA screening of BBM earlier this week.  Thanks to tellyouwhat at Dave Cullen for posting it:

I asked Diana Ossana why, in the film, after Jack says "I miss you so much I can hardly stand it,"  Heath does not touch him or reach out.  In the story they had a physical encounter after that line, but it wasn't in the movie.

She said, "It was Ennis."  I said, "But it was in the story."  She said, "It was Heath, it was Ennis." 

I said, "You mean it was Heath's version of Ennis as he developed it in the movie, that he could not reach out to Jack in that moment?"

"Yes."

She said they had a few different versions of the scene, but ultimately decided this was most true to Ennis's character.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16181.msg393465.html#msg393465

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6103 on: August 07, 2008, 12:41:18 pm »
She said, "It was Ennis."  I said, "But it was in the story."  She said, "It was Heath, it was Ennis." 

Oh Elle. Somehow this totally got me. :(

I love Diana Ossana for putting her heart and soul into this project (BBM), for not being done with it the moment the movie was released and for her obvious admiration and her feelings for Heath. She seems to have a pretty soft spot for him. We Heathens sure can understand that, to put it mildly.
Can't wait to hear the audio version you linked at the Samuel Goldwyn thread.

Guess I put this comment in the wrong thread now. But maybe not.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6104 on: August 07, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »

Nope, not Europe. It's the Gemma at Bowery Hotel in NYC and it's from September last year.
Wireimage captioned this pic with :Heath Ledger attends the Another Magazine dinner on September 9, 2007 at Gemma at the Bowery...

Google helpled me out with Gemma and Bowery Hotel; I'm not *that* informed about the NYC party-scene, lol ;) :laugh:

Thanks for the info. that was so sweet of you to look it all up, and thanks for the lovely pics again.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6105 on: August 07, 2008, 01:41:02 pm »
Thanks for the info. that was so sweet of you to look it all up, and thanks for the lovely pics again.

You're welcome :).

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6106 on: August 07, 2008, 02:03:37 pm »
Here's a precious tidbit, something Diana Ossana said at the LA screening of BBM earlier this week.  Thanks to tellyouwhat at Dave Cullen for posting it:

I asked Diana Ossana why, in the film, after Jack says "I miss you so much I can hardly stand it,"  Heath does not touch him or reach out.  In the story they had a physical encounter after that line, but it wasn't in the movie.

I said, "You mean it was Heath's version of Ennis as he developed it in the movie, that he could not reach out to Jack in that moment?"

"Yes."

She said they had a few different versions of the scene, but ultimately decided this was most true to Ennis's character.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16181.msg393465.html#msg393465

Insider insights like that are just so fascinating!  Thanks for bringing this over here Clarissa!  :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6107 on: August 07, 2008, 02:24:23 pm »
I know this is a different name than we've been reading.  I don't know what's true.  I'm just sharing what I find.

Heath Ledger's Restaurant About To Open

Before his death, Heath Ledger wanted to open up a restaurant/bar in Brooklyn. His partner and longtime friend Jud Mongell says Heath was really hands-on in getting the doors open.

He says, "He drew the floor plans and thought of the name — BrightSide — because it's on the bright side of McCarren Park."

The space has a nautical theme, and is scheduled to open by the end of the summer. As expected, it will include a lot of personal touches from Heath, like a chessboard being engraved into the tables because he loved the game.

Jud says, "Heath was a big chess player.The whole idea was to make it a spot for us. We wanted to make it our own space to hang out. He specifically talked about having a place for him and his family to sit. It was great working with Heath. He was the most unassuming guy."

BrightSide sounds like a great place and such a nice dedication to the late Heath Ledger. Make sure to stop by if you're in the area!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/heath-ledger/heath-ledgers-restaurant-about-to-open_17148.aspx

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6108 on: August 07, 2008, 02:27:23 pm »
I know this is a different name than we've been reading.  I don't know what's true.  I'm just sharing what I find.

Heath Ledger's Restaurant About To Open

Before his death, Heath Ledger wanted to open up a restaurant/bar in Brooklyn. His partner and longtime friend Jud Mongell says Heath was really hands-on in getting the doors open.

He says, "He drew the floor plans and thought of the name — BrightSide — because it's on the bright side of McCarren Park."

The space has a nautical theme, and is scheduled to open by the end of the summer. As expected, it will include a lot of personal touches from Heath, like a chessboard being engraved into the tables because he loved the game.

Jud says, "Heath was a big chess player.The whole idea was to make it a spot for us. We wanted to make it our own space to hang out. He specifically talked about having a place for him and his family to sit. It was great working with Heath. He was the most unassuming guy."

BrightSide sounds like a great place and such a nice dedication to the late Heath Ledger. Make sure to stop by if you're in the area!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/heath-ledger/heath-ledgers-restaurant-about-to-open_17148.aspx

Hunh!  Interesting Elle.  Well, it sounds like if and when this restaurant idea comes to pass, it would be a great destination for a future NYC Brokie gathering.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #6109 on: August 07, 2008, 05:45:41 pm »
I saw TDK last night. Turns out that I had to reason to be nervous. I LOVED it. I usually enjoy action movies anyway, but I thought it was AMAZING. I posted more on the "Spoilers Welcome" thread in the Remembrance Forum.

And that's interesting about the restaurant. I would love to go there someday. I want to go to New York SO BAD!