Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3749997 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #750 on: July 27, 2006, 07:48:06 pm »
By Mikaela
Lords of Dogtown - any good? (My local supermarket has decided to stock it all of a sudden, so it's easily available).

As an opportunity to enjoy Heath hotness, I think "Lords of Dogtown" rates very low.  He doesn't have a love scene, and he wears prosthetic front teeth that make him look more like Val Kilmer.  I mostly remember him getting drunk and talking all surfer dude like.

If you have a DVD of "The Patriot" that allows you to skip non-Heath scenes and FF through Mel's speeches, then it's worth a look because Heath is so young and adorable, and the dirty old lady in me was happy when he got wounded and had to be in bed with his bare chest showing.  :P

Ranchgal, I really want to see "The Order!"  Sounds like prime Heath loveliness to me.  And I agree that "10 Things," while hardly great movie-making, is a fun glimpse of young Heath being utterly crush-worthy.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #751 on: July 27, 2006, 08:15:15 pm »
Thank you Katherine, Ranchgal and Meryl for your comments!

As an opportunity to enjoy Heath hotness, I think "Lords of Dogtown" rates very low.

Hey, I'm looking to appreciate his acting -  the temperature of his hotness *surely* is entirely secondary.

**Falls noisily off high horse while blushing furiously**   ;)  :P

If you have a DVD of "The Patriot" that allows you to skip non-Heath scenes and FF through Mel's speeches, then it's worth a look because Heath is so young and adorable, and the dirty old lady in me was happy when he got wounded and had to be in bed with his bare chest showing.

This of course made me scamper post haste over to Heathledgercentral to ogle relevant film stills. You're *very* right. Soooo cute and earnest-looking and swelled up with patriotic feeeling and...... ahem. You know how that goes! Mmm.

Nevertheless, after that horrible (IMO) Passion film I avoid MG at all cost. Heath would simply have had to do his entire role in the nude for me to give the Patriot a fair chance....

Anyway, I'll give Lords of Dogtown a try based on the recommendations here, and just dress warmly to mitigate any regrettable lack of hotness.  ;D

I'll also see about getting hold of "The Order".

And I probably should start campaigning to get Candy to these shores sometimes this century.........

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #752 on: July 28, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
Lords of Dogtown freaked me out the first time I saw it. There was something eerie about Heath's character. There was a sound of Ennis somewhere that threw me for a loop-maybe it was a "hunh". If you are looking for Heath immersing himself in another character, don't miss it. If you are looking for Heathcandy, you can pass.

I was also amused by Casanova. Not the acting tour de force as some of his others but, at this point, I could't possibly be unhappy with any time spent with HAL!

O0
Big Head Heathen

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #753 on: July 28, 2006, 02:57:23 am »
CAPTION: "You want to lose about half yer effen stuffin?"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #754 on: July 28, 2006, 03:01:45 am »
A subway sighting from New York City:

EDIT: The New York Observer says this was a New York subway shot, but other sources tell me it is in London, outside the BAFTAs. Makes sense, I remember it was raining that night.

Thanks for the correction, ranchgal! I appreciate it...

I agree - BAFTA, right down to the "ORANGE" on the umbrella.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #755 on: July 28, 2006, 03:06:21 am »
- Lords of Dogtown - any good? (My local supermarket has decided to stock it all of a sudden, so it's easily available).

- Any other Heath film that is unmissable or that people here would recommend? (Barring "The Patriot". Mel Gibson in simplistic-patriotic fervour is something I'd rather give a huge pass, Heath or no Heath.)

Lords of Dogtown grew on me as I watched it, and I think Heath shows his acting talent in it in a way we don't really see in some of his earlier movies.  And The Patriot - I TiVo'd it and fast forwarded and just stopped to watch all Heath's bits.  He's so lovely-looking in it.

Addition:
I just read the other comments - I know Heathcandy is in the eye of the beholder, but I loved seeing his body while skateboarding, that is certainly worth something.  And his character has a heap o' pathos near the end.  He's good in it. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:12:20 am by Ellemeno »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #756 on: July 28, 2006, 11:17:12 am »
Yes, I look at LOD, Monster's Ball, and BBM all as a testiment to his talents, because in each role, he simply disappears as an actor/person, and becomes the character, you don't see Heath playing a role, you see the character totally.
He is like that in most of his roles, and I see it too in The Order---but I can't think of another actor with the exception of Tom Hanks who so completely develops his characters the way Heath does.

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are good actors, and tell a good story, but in every role I have ever seen them in, I am always conscious of Tom playing Maverick or Brad playing his character, they never actually disappear into the character itself. 
That is one reason why I can see Heath doing almost anything, and doing it well.

I don't know if anyone here is interested in photos--but www.moviestore.com is having a sale of 8x10 photos, color and b/w and have several pages of Heath's photos from movies as well as publicity portrait shots for $3.00 each and I am pretty sure they combine shipping packages too.   they also sell movie posters but they aren't included in this sale.  Lots of different pictures of lots of movie/tv actors.  interesting to view anyway.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:26:20 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #757 on: July 28, 2006, 02:18:39 pm »
Thanks, ranchgal.  I just went and took a look at it.  They have that photo of Jake and Heath leaning against the pick up - the version where Jake's eyes really do seem to be looking down at Heath's crotch
http://www.moviestore.com/Photos/P201177_C70607.html

Also, I'm pretty sure one of the pictures is mis-labeled - Isn't this Roar, not A Knight's Tale?
http://www.moviestore.com/Photos/P201177_C46983.html

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #758 on: July 28, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »
Also, I'm pretty sure one of the pictures is mis-labeled - Isn't this Roar, not A Knight's Tale?
http://www.moviestore.com/Photos/P201177_C46983.html

I've never seen Roar, but it's definitely not A Knight's Tale.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #759 on: July 28, 2006, 07:01:46 pm »
Yes that is Heath  from Roar, they just don't know the costume differences. LOL