Author Topic: SO...who would ya'all like to see on the sexiest man ballot?  (Read 43071 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: SO...who would ya'all like to see on the sexiest man ballot?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 12:07:11 pm »
pharrell williams, clive owen, gael garcia bernal, dave gahan (of depeche mode)
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 12:13:17 pm »
You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one, David. Our Jakey does clean up real nice--I've got a tux pic in the Jake Shrine on the refrigerator door--but I think he's just a bit too much the all-American boy to be James Bond.

Jeff,  That's why I said in a few years.   Maybe even 10 years.  He is definately not aged and mature enough for that role yet.    He is 25 now right?    At 35 he should be ready.    He has that suave sophisticated look now when he wants, but I think he needs to grow out of his "skater boi" personality and learn some Sean Connery mannerisms.   ;)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 12:28:46 pm »
I'm with David on this one.

As for more to add to the list, I think David will be with me on these ones:

And now you all know the *real* reason(s) why Lost is my favorite show.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:32:13 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 12:33:54 pm »
Jeff,  That's why I said in a few years.   Maybe even 10 years.  He is definately not aged and mature enough for that role yet.    He is 25 now right?    At 35 he should be ready.    He has that suave sophisticated look now when he wants, but I think he needs to grow out of his "skater boi" personality and learn some Sean Connery mannerisms.   ;)

Well, it'll sure be interesting to watch and see what happens, won't it? ;)

Maybe I just haven't seen the right tux pics. Handsome enough, for sure, but I've got a gut feeling they'll be describing Jake as "boyishly handsome" when he's 60. It's that smile that'll do it. Talented enough, but I'm tempted to wonder whether any American can ever really do justice to James Bond--but that's a topic for another board. (They should have picked Clive Owen now.)

Yup, Jakey turned 25 this past December 19, the day after I first saw Brokeback.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 12:36:17 pm »
I'm with David on this one.

As for more to add to the list, I think David will be with me on these ones:

And now you all know the *real* reason(s) why Lost is my favorite show.

With you on two out of three here, Barb. Can you guess which two?  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 12:42:45 pm »
I was soooo  jealous that "you know who" got to f*ck Sawyer this week!     

(don't want to reveal a spoiler to the LOSTies that are a season behind)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:12 pm »
I was soooo  jealous that "you know who" got to f*ck Sawyer this week!     

(don't want to reveal a spoiler to the LOSTies that are a season behind)

Sexiest man on television, that Josh f&ckin' Holloway. ...

(Ooops, I think I just gave away part of the answer to my own question to Barb.)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 12:57:55 pm »
No you didn't, Jeff.  Josh is a given.  You'd have to be dead to think otherwise.

I'm guessing the one you wouldn't include is Matthew Fox?  Just because I think Naveen Andrews is robo-hot and always have, so I'm guessing it's more of a stretch for you, as well as it's been for me, to think of Fox as the same?

I wouldn't have included him a few months ago, either.  But I saw him on The Daily Show a month or two ago, and he was just so damned cute.  Very Jake-ish - warm, genuine.  Smiles a lot.  It's not a killer smile like Jake's or Josh's (Second.Best.Smile.Ever), but his very lovely personality shines through whenever he does it.

Plus, I thought the erotic tension between him and Josh was *brutally* hot during that poker game a couple episodes ago.  Fine line between love and hate and all that...
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 01:26:13 pm »
No you didn't, Jeff.  Josh is a given.  You'd have to be dead to think otherwise.

I'm guessing the one you wouldn't include is Matthew Fox?  Just because I think Naveen Andrews is robo-hot and always have, so I'm guessing it's more of a stretch for you, as well as it's been for me, to think of Fox as the same?

I wouldn't have included him a few months ago, either.  But I saw him on The Daily Show a month or two ago, and he was just so damned cute.  Very Jake-ish - warm, genuine.  Smiles a lot.  It's not a killer smile like Jake's or Josh's (Second.Best.Smile.Ever), but his very lovely personality shines through whenever he does it.

Plus, I thought the erotic tension between him and Josh was *brutally* hot during that poker game a couple episodes ago.  Fine line between love and hate and all that...

Very good, Barb! Yeah, you're welcome to Matthew Fox with my best wishes. It's Naveen's eyes that do me in.

(I must have a thing for eyes. Jake. Naveen. Must be others, too.)

BTW, I wanted to kick some serious Lost producer butt when they killed off Boone. I used to have these thoughts about Sawyer and Boone--oh, never mind!

I ripped that pic of Josh right out of TV Guide last year it was so hot. It's in the shrine. Heck, I'm running out of space on the refrigerator!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 01:47:18 pm »
Very good, Barb! Yeah, you're welcome to Matthew Fox with my best wishes. It's Naveen's eyes that do me in.

I don't think he'd be such a terrible consolation prize, myself.  But we might have to come to blows, so to speak, over Josh.
No more beans!