Author Topic: You & Me and a Dog Named Flea - Fridayblues  (Read 27705 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: You & Me and a Dog Named Flea - Fridayblues
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 02:49:18 pm »
And another!

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/13329.html

The title is 'Flea's army'  :laugh:  :) Good choice.

Flea must be the luckiest dog in the world.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »

This was one of the sweetest chapter yet... Full of love and friendship.  Help and tears...I really enjoyed it..

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 05:42:33 pm »
Fabienne and Janice, I echo your sentiments!  Who wouldn't want to be Flea?   :)   There is something so cozy and warm about this story that is so appealing. 

Okay, so now that we have Flea taken care of and Mona is up to speed, I'm ready for Jack's "talk" with Alma - he's such a sweetie - I hope he remembers he has nothing to be sorry for!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 02:49:27 am »
chapter 22 is up! And it's a looooong one. Yeehaw  :)

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/13958.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 02:03:22 pm »
chapter 22 is up! And it's a looooong one. Yeehaw  :)

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/13958.html

Thanks, Fabienne!

SPOILERS

That got intense there for a bit - but it was probably a good thing to have these things rise to the surface so they can be dealt with.  And I'm still waiting for Jack to talk to Alma - I'm very curious to see how that goes.  Just a guess, but from the way the story has progressed so far, I'm betting we might see a better side to Alma (at least I'm hoping so).  The ending of this chapter was so touching and true.  I'll be sorry to see this story come to an end.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 03:37:33 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 02:06:20 pm »
Thanks, Fabienne!

SPOILERS

And I keep a perfect record for wrong predictions!  LOL! Alma certainly didn't show a good side, did she.  If anything her behavior was more embarrassing and cowardly than ever.  But, that was a refreshingly honest decision on the author's part - sometimes people don't come around and we find out they were never really a friend at all.  Sorry for Jack, but I was so proud of how he handled that meeting. 

I like that Ennis is seeking guidance from the Velvet.  We don't often see an Ennis going through such a process, but it's a good fit for this story.

The Shel Silverstein poem was so perfect - what an incredibly moving moment when Jack received that postcard.  They've both found their "missing piece."   :)

Only two more chapters....I don't want to let go of this J&E.

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 02:18:40 pm »
Agreed Marie.

And what about Lee and Jack? I loved their exchange at the bookstore. Are those two ever going to have a normal conversation? hmm, maybe not.

And good news about the puppy!

This story will make for an excellent reread, that's for sure.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 02:33:24 pm »
Agreed Marie.

And what about Lee and Jack? I loved their exchange at the bookstore. Are those two ever going to have a normal conversation? hmm, maybe not.

And good news about the puppy!

This story will make for an excellent reread, that's for sure.

OMG, the Lee and Jack scene!  Wasn't that priceless?  I'm not sure it's possible to have a normal conversation with Lee - but then, again, Jack was hiding underneath the table.  :laugh:  And perfect timing for the call about the puppy.  Rereads, for sure!

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 04:56:59 pm »
The final chapter is up.

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/15911.html appropriately called 'Here comes the sun'

I'm sad this story has come to an end. But I've smiled all the way through reading this chapter. I have enjoyed this story from the first line to the last.

But it was all good. Let the sun sleep, for come tomorrow, it would beam again. Ennis was with him today. He would be with him tomorrow, and so would Flea. It could, and would, be like this, just like this always.

ahhh, beautiful. I hope we'll hear more from this author.  :)