Author Topic: In Plain Sight by Victopet  (Read 75068 times)

retropian

Re: In Plain Sight by Victopet
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2009, 04:16:53 am »
Hi there Retropian. I just thought I might point you in the direction of another of Victopet´s stories; Brokeback Redemption.
It´s one of my absolute favorite fan fics. It´s darker than IPS, well-written and features Ennis as a man wrongly convicted for the murder of his wife. He meets Jack, another inmate, in prison. It´s sort of a mix between the TV-series Oz, and the movies The Shawshank Redemption and The Fugitive. I recomend it.

Yes, I saw that on her lovejournal too. I'll check it out since I'm enjoying IPS so much. An Amish Ennis just slays me! ;D

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 08:10:34 pm »
Look where I visited this Sat  8)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 01:28:24 pm »
Look where I visited this Sat  8)

:D :D :D
That's great Monika! :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

retropian

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2009, 05:48:52 am »
Recently, I was on her livejournal checking for updates (none unfortunatley), but did see she had commented that she has not abandoned IPS. I commented that I was glad to know she planned on continuing the story and she let me know she's still working on it, but it's slow going. So patience please! ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 03:43:02 pm »
Recently, I was on her livejournal checking for updates (none unfortunatley), but did see she had commented that she has not abandoned IPS. I commented that I was glad to know she planned on continuing the story and she let me know she's still working on it, but it's slow going. So patience please! ;D

Good news!  Thanks, Ian  :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:31 pm »
Some great news from victopet:

http://victopet.livejournal.com/22414.html?view=1313934#t1313934

New Job Alert!
I changed jobs this week and there's much less stress and craziness. It looks like I'm going to finally, finally, finally have more time to write. I'm hoping to get back to IPS shortly -- if anyone is still interested.

Who are Jack and Ennis again?
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2010, 02:41:23 am »
Oh, that is great news. Thanks for the heads up Marie.  :)

Who are Jack and Ennis again?

:laugh:
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2010, 08:28:11 am »
oh yes!!!! I hope she writes more of IPS...and then more of Brokeback Redemption (I´m greedy, I know)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »
No - not an update yet! Sorry! :)

But Victopet writes that will post a new chapter this week.
I´m extremely excited about this. I must have read IPS at least ten times by now.
I love their first encounter, the way Jack teases Ennis with temptations during their time in the city, and later their growing bond during Jack´s stay at the Amish farm. There is a strong ying/yang theme here, I think. Cop!Jack and Amish!Ennis are totally different from one another, both of them extremes. But together, they both seem more balanced, more themselves.

I´m checking Victopet´s livejournal several times a day :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:47 pm »
No - not an update yet! Sorry! :)

But Victopet writes that will post a new chapter this week.
I´m extremely excited about this. I must have read IPS at least ten times by now.
I love their first encounter, the way Jack teases Ennis with temptations during their time in the city, and later their growing bond during Jack´s stay at the Amish farm. There is a strong ying/yang theme here, I think. Cop!Jack and Amish!Ennis are totally different from one another, both of them extremes. But together, they both seem more balanced, more themselves.

I´m checking Victopet´s livejournal several times a day :)

Great minds, Monika!  I was just about to post what Vic said most recently:

http://victopet.livejournal.com/22572.html 

Thanks!
Thank you so much for all your super-encouraging comments. I haven't been involved with the fandom as much as I would have liked this past year, so I'm psyched that so many people still want to read. I've spent some time this weekend re-immersing myself in Jack and Ennis's Amish world and writing, writing, writing. I'm aiming to post Chapter 36 of IPS this week and I hope to finally finish the story. Stay tuned and thanks for your continued support!

Vic

~~~~~
I'm excited about an update, too - I love what you said:  But together, they both seem more balanced, more themselves.  Yes, I think that's exactly right.  In fact, I think that's a key element for any J&E story.